A simple FOF question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderNova

You know how checking the "Lower unpegged" flag on a linedef and putting a texture on the upper and lower middle of a Sector can create side textures like this:
iaza16969218578400.png
?

Well, I would like to know, is it possible to do the same thing to a Floor over Floor sector?

I read the wiki and tried various things, but I have yet to figure out how to do it.

Also, if it is possible, is there a way to give only two sides of the sector, like linedef effects?

Thanks for any help.

Well it is possible to give an FOF middle textures. Here are the steps:

1. Highlight all of the lindefs of the sector that has the FOF tag.
2. Make sure the 'Lower Unpegged' flag is checked.
3. If you're trying to give the sector grass, give it grass textures for the Front and Backside Middle Textures.
4. Now find where it says 'Texture Offset' under the 'Sidedefs' Tab. There will be 2 boxes after it. The first is the X-Offset which moves textures left or right. The second box is the Y-Offset which moves the textures up or down.
5. In the Y-Offset box(and this goes for both the Front Side and Back Side) you will put the ceiling height of your FOF in the box. So for example, if your FOF has a ceiling height of 100 you will put 100 in the Y-Offset box(and remember it goes for both the Back Side and Front side).
We do this because there is no real way to give FOF's middle textures from the Control Sector. There for it is like a trick or an illusion.
6. If you did everything right, your FOF will look like it has grass on its sides.

EDIT: Also I didn't quite understand your second question.

Last edited:
When reading the wiki, did you never stumble upon this?

I also don't understand what you meant by your second question.

When reading the wiki, did you never stumble upon this?

I also don't understand what you meant by your second question.

Well, the problem was solved by the person above me, but even if I did find that page on the Wiki, I wouldn't understand it anyways, just like I didn't understand how to do anything else relating to FoFs.

The second question was being able to just make the textures appear on one side of the sector, but that problem is solved anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back