Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for my review.

Oh...my...god...It's new, it's original, and it's detail is remarkable. I especially thought the chopsticks hairstyle was neat-o (I had a friend who used to do that to her hair, but she quit doing it because people would yank on the chopsticks during school. Aren't some people horrible?)

I can't stop playing with this WAD because of how much I like it. I did notice that you slowed down the thok, however. I'm not saying this in a bad way. In fact, it only adds to the difficulty, especially when your one of those people who depend on thok. It is an overall good WAD.

My only suggestion:
-Did you try lavender out for her? I believe that makes her appearance a little better

And now, on a personal note,
Did your inspiration possibly come from Blaze the Cat? Not trying to make any accusations, I'm just curious, really. And I also kind of wonder if you have anything else up your sleeve? Hinote was good, I can't imagine what else you could be WADing.

9/10

Well, this is a very good character wad, even if it is a fan character. The art is good, and is pretty smooth, but the spinning sprites lok a tad odd with it flashing purple.

9/10

Looks a little much goth-styled to me, but for anyone who doesn't care about it looking that way, it's pretty good, overall the design is good, but it looks a little streched up. I might be the first one to notice it.

The artwork for this character looks very nice. Can't say I'd take the time to play this anymore than I already have though, considering it plays so much like Sonic.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
My only suggestion:
-Did you try lavender out for her? I believe that makes her appearance a little better

And now, on a personal note,
Did your inspiration possibly come from Blaze the Cat? Not trying to make any accusations, I'm just curious, really. And I also kind of wonder if you have anything else up your sleeve? Hinote was good, I can't imagine what else you could be WADing.

9/10

Yes I have tried lavender for her, but if you've seen her sketches and pictures online, her actual color is purple/magenta. I actually like playing Hinote is Cyan.. Well I do like that new color they added in srb2. Brings srb2 more alive.

No, I actually tried making myself a Sonic Character (I know that sounds lame) but after weeks of sketches I have made Hinote. She's a character I went through with time and effort to come up with. B) I do have a few pictures of her, I also have some fan art at the moment of her. She's been around for over a year.

Ah, now that I don't know. Its my first time actually uploading work I have done and so I really don't know what people would like, I was thinking of doing Lucario or Percival.

Thanks a lot though :) lol chopsticks in the hair xD I do that sometimes, but I have respect at my school, ;)

Just a little suggestion to put out here; even though I'm just nit picking here, as her hair isn't symmetrical it might look better to edit a few sprites so that when you view her from the appropriate side, you can see Hinote's hair covering her eye, instead of the fringe just jumping over to the other side of her face.

Also, I noticed the super form standing sprites in the wad file, even if you haven't got any intention of giving Hinote a super form in Single Player, you may as well use those finished sprites for her super form anyway due to the multiplayer.

Sonnarku said:
Looks a little much goth-styled to me, but for anyone who doesn't care about it looking that way, it's pretty good, overall the design is good, but it looks a little streched up. I might be the first one to notice it.

Don't know if I'd use the word "goth"... I generally associate the term with grim features and colors, not just black clothing. The clothing does have a distinctive style though, and as long as it adds to the character instead of making it seem out of place, I don't mind.

Hinote said:
Ah, now that I don't know. Its my first time actually uploading work I have done and so I really don't know what people would like, I was thinking of doing Lucario or Percival.

I would love to see a Percival wad, but keep in mind that any character wads need to be made because you want to make them, not as per any request... otherwise you'll never have the motivation to finish.

I look forward to trying the character out. Though the ability doesn't sound all too unique, that's because character abilities is one of the last things STjr has time to work with, so I won't complain about it.

It's good to see character avatars done right. I identify too strongly with existing characters to make mine not seem like a cheap knockoff, so I just picked a character with little backstory tied to him. However, Hinote looks fairly original and well made, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Error

I Hate that STjr changed da colors cuz i was makin a Link MM/OoT Wad and i was so CLOSE!!!!!!!! My first wad and the new colors and less abilitys like ringslinger for arrows are gone now. But dis wad is WAY better then mine! mine was crappy like da old knux.

my favorite :))

I personally adore Hinoté the most :))
She is well-balanced, and beautifully made .

Keep up the good work,
I envy your skills at WAD making :))

Very good char. VERY GOOD.
She is like a more controllable version of sonic. One I can handle.
9.5/10

wish I had a seal of approval...

The Controls (4.5/5)
The Look (4.5/5)

Your idea is good i really love the character it is amazing as a fan character it isint a recolor wich is a three thumbs up anyway (9.5/10)

I love the hair. Also, kudos to being the first 2.0 character I DL. Also, when the characters of 2.0 are fixed, I can SOC you a thok that leaves a fire trail if you like. If you want to mess with Sonic, I could probably make you one now. :P

It's rare that you see wads like these. This actually looks like it was made with effort and aspiration to be a great wad, and it has come to that. Great job Hinote. I wish I had your talent. Q.Q

Hinote said:
No, I actually tried making myself a Sonic Character (I know that sounds lame) but after weeks of sketches I have made Hinote. She's a character I went through with time and effort to come up with. B) I do have a few pictures of her, I also have some fan art at the moment of her. She's been around for over a year.

Thanks a lot though :) lol chopsticks in the hair xD I do that sometimes, but I have respect at my school, ;)

Bah, I must be the only one who attended a school where the cumulative IQ is a negative number (and yes, I'm calling my classmates retarded, because half of them are.)

As far as what to do next, I wouldn't know. I personally haven't had the time to finish my first project, let alone the others I said I would do. Sad part is, I sill have the WADs sitting in my XWE folder waiting to be drawn. (Last I checked, I need to give Illyana's back sprite a pair of legs.)

My suggestion, however, is the general con-cencus: Create something that you want to do. If you create it because people request it, then you'll find it to be boring.

I guess this answers my question. I just wondered because for some reason, playing as her reminded me of Blaze. Blaze is one of Top 20 character WADs (It's basically a list of the WADs that I Absolutely refused to delete when I cleaned out my SRB2 folder monthly). I will let you know that this one is part of the new 20. New folder, new list, I think. :D

9/10.

This was good. Just don't want to use it in CTF. ~__~;

Either way, this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back