Bring back the nostalgia! Nostalgia.wad

Seezee

nostalgia.png

Are you feeling the need of revisiting the past? Do you miss the old SRB2 physics and huds? What about some SRB2JTE elements? No? It's a horrible idea and it'll ruin the game again? Hmm, here it is anyway!
This mod adds (or rather, restore) these features down below!

• The old lives hud
    The old JTE spindash, spin, thok..
    The old controls (oh god why)
    The old yellow color
    The old dark green color palette
    The missing sprites of Tails running animations
    Knuckles having the ability to glide over and over

Ṯ̻̪̜̮͂ͬ̇ḫ̸̿̓̾ͣ̌̐̀e͈̱̮̭̩ͤͪ͑̉̈̅͋ ͖̣̖̕S̩͎͉̱̞̼̹ͦ̚u̴͇̿̉̾̓͂p̘̦̝͈͙͙̒̂̓̆̐̈́̕ẹ̷̫̹͉̘̭͖̃ͧ̎͆̀r̗̪͚̺̥͙͓ͥͨͥ̃ͨ͆ͪ͘v͓̟̓͛͜i̹̝͔̺͆r̲̗̻̣̘̠̒ͨu̸͚̪͈̲̼͂͒ͭs̴̗̪̦̯̖̆

And much more!
This mod also can disable or enable those features if you don't like some of
them. (only if you're the admin or the host, obviously.)

If you want a list of the commands, take a look at this:

• nostalgia_hud: enables or disables the old hud back in the day.
    nostalgia_control: enables or disables the old controls back in the day.
    nostalgia_oldyellow: enables or disables the old yellow back in the day.
    nostalgia_allowsv: allows if players can enable the supervirus.
    nostalgia_jtespin: allows if players can have the old jte spin.
    nostalgia_info: shows what this mod does.
    nostalgia_help: shows all the commands.
    nostalgia_svchance: enables if you have to be lucky to get eggman to have the supervirus symptoms, else he'll be always supervirus.
    swear word warning
    ifuckinghatethoseloserz: enable or disable supervirus

1.0.1: Fix some bug fixes.
1.0.2: Fixing more hud bugs and changed how supervirus orbs look like.
1.0.3: Added the chances of Eggman carrying the Supervirus.
1.0.4: Fixing Sonic not having the super sprites while in superform while using Supervirus, added NEW supervirus music (sounds nicer) and fixed Eggman supervirus bugs.
1.1: Fixed the error that always shows up when you add the wad in-game + some other bugs, Added the Sonic & Tails character select from SRB2JTE, 1.09.4 Knuckles came from the past to today! (it looks exactly like in 1.09.4, mixed up 2.0 and 1.09.4 sprites.) He's an optional character because a lot of you like the good ol' Chuckles, Fixed a critical bug where Eggman can glitch out everything, Eggman now attracts you when the timer is up so pcs won't lag since you would have died by him, Knuckles now can immediately get up when he glides into the floor. (as usual, optional using the old controls command.), Added new stuff to Eggman such as: Supervirus tornado and Camera changes
1.1.05: Removed the debug print that was in 1.1 and fixed the supervirus orbs not appearing on the player

Have fun [ or not it depends if you hate the controls or the hud, or maybe even the entire mod :( ]!​

Credits goes to Sky the destroyer for the spindash.
Credits goes to Lat' for the old orbs lua.
Credits goes to JTE for all the supervirus sprites.

Also currently the wad is compressed.

Attachments

• srb20105.png
    srb20105.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,696
  • srb20106.png
    srb20106.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,445
  • srb20107.png
    srb20107.png
    62 KB · Views: 1,476
  • srb20108.png
    srb20108.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,685
  • srb20109.png
    srb20109.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Nostalgia.rar
    881.1 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:
Congratulations for your release! I was waiting for this. This is a good wad to play along SRB2 The Past or SRB2 Retro.

Ok, first I want to say that it was an honor and a pleasure to have tried this script (in my case I would consider it as a mod) before its release.

I just want to point out the issues found in this mod:

In the current release version of the mod (v3), is that the lives icon appears in each shooting gamemodes (match, tag, CTF, H&S), while originally (at least at 1.09.x) it should appear only in co-op mode and race mode.

2.1.xx

tIG48vC.png

zetfBru.png

I also noticed that in the NIGHTS mode, the Lives icon should change to the Super Sonic icon (including all the characters) and the "boost" bar is behind of the lives HUD while originally, it should be above of the lives HUD.

2.1.xx
LjV7jjI.png

GSA6t1h.png

And finally, when you are a spectator in match mode or any other mode that has the "spectate" option, errors appear in the console about a lua.

1Kje6QL.png

In the current release version of the mod (v3), is that the lives icon appears in each shooting gamemodes (match, tag, CTF, H&S), while originally (at least at 1.09.x) it should appear only in co-op mode and race mode.
It has been fixed in version 1.0.1.
I also noticed that in the NIGHTS mode, the Lives icon should change to the Super Sonic icon (including all the characters) and the "boost" bar is behind of the lives HUD while originally, it should be above of the lives HUD.
Unfortunately, SRB2 cannot support moving the boost bar so instead in version 1.0.1, the hud has been completely removed.
And finally, when you are a spectator in match mode or any other mode that has the "spectate" option, errors appear in the console about a lua.
It has been fixed in version 1.0.1.

New update: 1.0.2
- Fixing HUD problems
- Changed the SuperVirus orb positions and actions
- The supervirus lua was compressed to a much smaller size (not using Lat's lua anymore)

Since the 1.0.1 version, the lives hud for custom characters has been removed. Is it really necesary to remove it? Maybe you misunderstood the part when I said "in the NIGHTS mode, the Lives icon should change to the Super Sonic icon (including all the characters)", it doesn't mean that you remove the lives hud for custom chars, I mean that the Super Sonic lives icon should be always in nights mode.

EDIT: Also, I was reading the thread again and, what do you mean with "The old controls"? What did you change in the controls?

Last edited:
Since the 1.0.1 version, the lives hud for custom characters has been removed. Is it really necesary to remove it? Maybe you misunderstood the part when I said "in the NIGHTS mode, the Lives icon should change to the Super Sonic icon (including all the characters)", it doesn't mean that you remove the lives hud for custom chars, I mean that the Super Sonic lives icon should be always in nights mode.

EDIT: Also, I was reading the thread again and, what do you mean with "The old controls"? What did you change in the controls?

1. The drill bar cannot be changed in NIGHTS so I decided to remove the hud.
2. Yes, the bad controls from 1.09.4 are in this wad, you might have not noticed.

1. The drill bar cannot be changed in NIGHTS so I decided to remove the hud.

Sorry but, that doesn't answer my question. I wasn't reffering to the drill bar, I'm talking about the lives hud for custom characters (in coop and race), Isn't necessary to remove it entirely, it's just remove the "facename" thing from custom characters and leave only the lives number and character's icon (only for custom characters since doesn't have that "facename" lump from older versions).

2. Yes, the bad controls from 1.09.4 are in this wad, you might have not noticed.

I know, but, saying that the controls are bad in 1.09.x era doesn't explain what did you changed. I just noticed that the strafing is a bit fast, but other than that, what did you changed exactly?

Last edited:
Well, then there is no need of the big live icon that Early Sonic had...

But is pretty good! 5/5, i could give 11/5 if i can.

New update: 1.0.3
- Added the chances of Eggman carrying the supervirus (can disable it by the allow supervirus command)
- Added a new command "nostalgia_svchances", it either enables the chances of Eggman carrying the supervirus or having Eggman always carrying the supervirus.

Got a lot of requests to do this one!

New update: 1.0.4
- Fixed some Eggman supervirus bugs and Sonic not having his superform sprites while in Supervirus.
- Added NEW supervirus music (sounds cleaner and nicer)

New version: 1.1
- Fixed the error that always shows up when you add the wad in-game + some other bugs
- Added the Sonic & Tails character select from SRB2JTE
- 1.09.4 Knuckles came from the past to today! (it looks exactly like in 1.09.4, mixed up 2.0 and 1.09.4 sprites.) He's an optional character because a lot of you like the good ol' Chuckles
- Fixed a critical bug where Eggman can make
- Eggman now attracts you when the timer is up so pcs won't lag since you would have died by him[/QUOTE]
- Knuckles now can immediately get up when he glides into the floor. (as usual, optional using the old controls command.)
- Added new stuff to Eggman such as: Supervirus tornado and Camera changes

May I ask how to make this wad compatible with other characters? I tried to edit the lua script but it doesn't display the name-image for the character(s) (I honestly don't know what to call it) I made for WAD characters (E.G HMS123311 or Pointy Sonic)
I so want to make SRB2 as nostalgic as possible and I just need to know this knowledge to make it a reality.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back