What if Sonic Robo Blast was on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sonic Robo Blast was on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive still as a fangame, the only button I think to use to make the player jump or to press on the title screen would be on all the buttons except for start because on the PC it would be enter only & it maybe weird that start might be a jump button. The D-Pad controls would be normal for the game & on the main menu. There wouldn't be passwords to go to because on the PC you have to use the mouse to click the passwords & the keyboard to type the password in, same thing goes for the title screen Easter egg, cheats section, & the difficulty select section.

Last edited:
No one likes SRB1, and no one definitely would take the time to port it to an old console.

There was a DOS version of SRB2-2D... maybe that's the closest thing to it.

If you ported Srb2 to a older console like that it wouldn't even work. Im not even sure if the Sega Genesis can support everything IN srb2. Plus the required coding and this and that. Its just a mess...

Again, no one likes SRB1 enough to begin with, so no one will take the time to make it.

If it's actually SRB2 your talking about, why do that? We have a perfectly fine 3D game, why limit it back down to 2D and restart it? (SRB2-TGF was already scrapped, dude)

Again, no one likes SRB1 enough to begin with, so no one will take the time to make it.

If it's actually SRB2 your talking about, why do that? We have a perfectly fine 3D game, why limit it back down to 2D and restart it? (SRB2-TGF was already scrapped, dude)
Read my comment closely, I said I wish, not I want. Alright? Wish & want are 2 different words! Don't try to repeat yourself because I heard you already & no I'm not talking about SRB2!

Last edited:
You would have to do a lot of modifications, just on the screensize alone. (genesis is 320x224, SRB1 is 640 x 400). It would have the same problems of Sonic Genesis (GBA).

If try to go through the trouble of making it fit to those resolutions and coding it to work for sega genesis, then you probably should have made it scroll, and have better physics, level design, and might as well be a whole different game than srb1 all together.

Last edited:
I guess this sounds like the place to say this.
Srb1 remake sucked because its a copy and not a remake. Srb1 remake just needs an actual remake to seem less shittier...
At least most bugs are fixed o_o

I guess this sounds like the place to say this.
Srb1 remake sucked because its a copy and not a remake. Srb1 remake just needs an actual remake to seem less shittier...
At least most bugs are fixed o_o
You DO realize that the SRB1 Remake isn't complete? This is just a bonus pack, not the actual thing... STJr is doing their best to fully remake SRB1. I mean, so far the newest thing was Space Chase Zone...

You DO realize that the SRB1 Remake isn't complete? This is just a bonus pack, not the actual thing... STJr is doing their best to fully remake SRB1. I mean, so far the newest thing was Space Chase Zone...

There's no such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid people.

mr-garrison-south-park--large-msg-130869843198.jpg

No one likes SRB1, and no one definitely would take the time to port it to an old console.
I'll extend this response:
Sonic can't spindash, OR ROLL
The game is broken as all hell,
The level design is just platforms,
No loops,
No SPEED,
Super simple enemies,
Impossible Bosses,
Weird story that no one knows other than the ending,
Crappy multiplayer,
Weirdly designed characters,
Must I go on?

This game IS one of the oldest sonic fans games in existence, and seeing it go on an older system just to be awesome is NOT a good suggestion for a port.

You realize that SRB1 Remake was mostly made by just me right? It was really just a thing I did for my own enjoyment that happened to be absorbed to srb2. The bigger priorities at this point is making the normal game complete.

Though, I do agree that the Remake needs tweaking, it might be a bit more bearable in the next version, we will see. :P

Last edited:
I'll extend this response:
Sonic can't spindash, OR ROLL
The game is broken as all hell,
The level design is just platforms,
No loops,
No SPEED,
Super simple enemies,
Impossible Bosses,
Weird story that no one knows other than the ending,
Crappy multiplayer,
Weirdly designed characters,
Must I go on?

This game IS one of the oldest sonic fans games in existence, and seeing it go on an older system just to be awesome is NOT a good suggestion for a port.
It would if there was a port & I would be the only who would receive the port if it was ported (which it isn't) & be playing it on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back