Rebirth - Green Hill Zone Act 1 3D VERSION 1.21! Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to do any of yet...due to an extra english assignment essay..........>.<

Hopefully I'll be able to finish most of it by the end of this weekend.

mikesword221 said:
Aled The Hedgehog said:
What does "BTW" Mean?

By the way. And BTW this looks pretty good but I agree with everybody else. And it would be really cool if you could redo the entire Sonic 1. Many have tried all have failed.

I'm trying! GHZ1 is in production. The scenery, I couldn't be bothered.

Interesting layout...I must say that you really out did yourself, Ultimate. But the looks of the screen-shots, it must resemble the SA2B version well. It fits like a puzzle now. By looking at this, I seem to remember seeing a previous Green Hill Zone created within the level wad pack of Emerald Island (scr_TEI23.wad). Just one thing about this one compared to that one...the one in that level pack was just a basic outline of the stage. There were no enemies nor was there scenery. By the looks of this, you have spent quite some time on it and thus being your first; I congrats you on a job well done. *claps*

Of course, after I have a preview and play in it, I'll return with my comments on it.

Edit: Well, I gave it a shot and I must say that it was...great. It would be nice to have an actual loop, but I know how hard it is to do that...so I won't be a pest about that. Overall, it was a great place to play...I also found the hidden emerald in the place. Pretty good on the place to hide it...I hope to see the second one soon.

I have another point to make about this level, In the original Green Hill when you run up the hill near the beginning, take the spring, land on the top of the mountain type thing, you jump down onto a bridge like structure, it collapses in two places as seperate objects when you run across them.

In your version, you jump down, and for some reason you have the bridge to the right, because of that I just ignored it and jumped over the pit to the other side, which is wrong, the bridge should be wide, and in the centre, so I'm forced to take it when I want to go to the other side, because your bridge was on the right, I ignored it because it would take too long to run to the right, and then take the bridge compared to just jumping over the pit.

If you're not sure which section I'm on about I'll get a pic later, I can't right now.

csmgiw said:
hey once he's done sonic 2, how 'bout sonic cd?

Cause how cool would that be?
Smells like wad requesting to me.

Also, have you tried out that 2D Palmtree Panic Zone level? That's pretty neat.

It's even more like Sonic CD when you fix the Level Header (AKA the area telling the level what script tp use) .

Eh, I just had that wad floating around. Thought it would be a neat idea.

It also has the usual 2D wad bashing.

Edit: More pics for y'all with classic Sonic. (Just because I feel like it. Aren't you lucky?)

There's nothing really special about that since it's just sprite rips. If it were Sonic CD, can't you just use the bonus stage Sonic sprites?

Chaos Knuckles said:
There's nothing really special about that since it's just sprite rips. If it were Sonic CD, can't you just use the bonus stage Sonic sprites?

I have the one using bonus stage.

Nice work on this stage,I really liked it.

Chaos Knuckles said:
Not my wad, dunno who made it, found it off a server. I just used it because it was Genesis styled.

the pics look good, but can someone tell me how to run it? and tell me in an easy to understand way, not all this high tech mumbo jumbo.

-Alright, when you open up SRB2, click the ~ button.
(The button next to 1)

-A command prompt will open up.

-Type:
ADDFILE REBIRTHSONICV1.21.WAD

-Then press Enter.
(You should see some lines appear about map data etc.)

-Press ~ again to exit the command prompt.

-Start 1 player as you normally would, and my level should be the first one you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back