Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Gen III Remakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all knew it was coming. It was glaringly obvious.

But fuck yes I am so excited for this

Oh yes. The title is indeed a bit strange, but hey, it's a Pokémon game. And considering HG & SS, this was inevitable.

Great! Now I can play the same thing (again) (not for free) in all of its enhanced glory.

I just wonder if the secret bases are going to retain their status for best useless thing you can do in Pokemon.

Great! Now I can play the same thing (again) (not for free) in all of its enhanced glory.

I just wonder if the secret bases are going to retain their status for best useless thing you can do in Pokemon.

I'm wondering if the 3DS friend system will have some involvement in Secret Bases this time round.

Also like in HG/SS where they had a few elements from Crystal, I wonder if OR/AS will incorporate a few story elements from Emerald as well. That would be a nice touch.

Mega sceptile and mega swampert incoming. I called it

I'm wondering if the 3DS friend system will have some involvement in Secret Bases this time round.

This, totally this.

Secret bases had an awesome idea that just didn't work because of a lack of anything like decent networking structure. 3DS largely eliminates this as a problem, so hopefully they'll be around and they'll be able to do a lot more with it.

For once, a Nintendo release that interests me. I may consider getting this, especially if they add extra awesomes like they did with HeartGold / SoulSilver (ie: Touch screen actually containing useful things instead of just a weird wireless gear thing. Although I will admit the pokétch was pretty cool and had its uses.)

Now I just wonder how are they going to get away with Gen 7 and remaking the Sinnoh Titles... Let's run down the list...

Gen 1: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow - System: Game Boy
Gen 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal - System: Game Boy Color
Gen 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald -System: Game Boy Advance
Gen 3 Remakes Gen 1: FireRed, LeafGreen - System: Game Boy Advance
Gen 4: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - System: DS
Gen 4 Remakes Gen 2: HeartGold and SoulSilver - Systems: DS, DSi
Gen 5: Black, White - Systems: DS, DSi
Gen 5 Sequels Gen 5?: Black 2, White 2 - Systems: DS, DSi, 3DS
Gen 6: X, Y - System: 3DS
Gen 6 Remakes Gen 3: OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire - System: 3DS
Gen 7: ???? - System: ????
Gen 7 Remakes Sinnoh????

A Pokemon Skype Chat said:
[6:43:52 PM] Kadeem C. (SRB2DUDE): Technically its not comfirmed that its going to be i hoenn if you think about it
[6:44:03 PM] Larztard: Hmm
[6:44:04 PM] Kadeem C. (SRB2DUDE): In the trailler it was like NEW ADVENTURE, NEW WORLD

I don't know... Now that my friend mentions that, it could be true. Hope to see more interesting stuff in the future. I'm super stoked!

I don't know... Now that my friend mentions that, it could be true. Hope to see more interesting stuff in the future. I'm super stoked!
And thinking about it, they might add the regions from Colosseum and XD for the sake of Gen 3's Nostalgia

And thinking about it, they might add the regions from Colosseum and XD for the sake of Gen 3's Nostalgia

No like, remember that one key item that is said not to be from any previous region? Yeah... Maybe that's a hint to this game? It's only guesses and "What if..." thoughts at this point in time.

The sequel thing seems more likely with the "new adventure" stuff. Honestly, if that's the case... I'd be way more into this. I feel like Nintendo's trying to throw people off and surprise them. I like Hoenn, but a sequel is way more interesting.

Still, even if it's a remake, I'll be fine. And apparently there's something different enough that they're calling it a new adventure.

Personally, I'll be getting Sapphire. The original was my first Pokemon game. I'm almost sort of maybe not really obligated.

I think it was referring to the fact that the world is 'new' meaning they've added new locations, NPCs, possibly new trainers, and more. But under the surface it should be the same Hoenn we know and love.

Plus guys, they did the exact same thing with HeartGold and SoulSilver. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are even named similarly.

Did they announce HeartGold and SoulSilver with the buzzwords "New Adventure"? That's the difference here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back