Resource icon

[Open Assets] BotSkin - Pair up any 2 characters

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
So a while back MotdSpork made More Choices, which allowed you to combine Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles into any team of 2 that you wanted. This new Lua script I've created allows you to make a team of 2 out of ANY skins, including addons.

This script adds 2 console commands:

PLAYERSKIN <skin> - Sets your skin
BOTSKIN <skin> - Sets the bot's skin

Just start a game as Sonic & Tails (or any other pairing), then use the console commands to set your characters.

Attachments

• srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 4,935
  • srb20010.gif
    srb20010.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 4,251
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 4,150
  • vl_BotSkin-v1.lua
    480 bytes · Views: 30,381
Last edited:
Hey, sorry to be quite so picky about filenames after release. But in the name of getting our filenaming conventions completely uniform, could you rename your file to VL_BotSkin-v1.lua? The prefix needing to be in capitals in this case.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought skins were colors. Like how Sonic can be pink, and Tails can be Cobalt, etc. Knuckles can be white.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

The only thing that would make this better, is if this could be used without needing to use the console command. (Which I don't know if that's possible). (Like Sonic & Amy being one of the options in player select. Or even a Sonic Advance like "Choose your partner.") But that's not possible with LUA I think.

Last edited:
It's funny that this has a mod, as if you use devmode 1 you can use skin [skin] to set your skin (skin referring to character)

The commands aren't working for me....

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out how to use it. Though Idk how to set Neo Sonic as a bot

Last edited:
This isn't working. Every time I try to type "PLAYERSKIN TAILS" it just says
"PLAYERSKIN <Skin> | Changes your skin"

Edit: nvm turns out I just had to do all lowercase

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back