Slow tries to Review OLDC

Slowman20

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
It's that time again folks, It's OLDC and it's time to review (even though this is my first time doing it myself)
[Note: I Planned on Reviewing the other Divisions but i Couldn't find the time to play them]
Rustic Templar Zone
the balance of speed and platforming is just right in this one, And there's a few paths depending on the character too
My Favorite out of the bunch if i had to choose

Oasis Palace Zone
A Great level that doesnt stay it's welcome for too long, and the amount of speed you can gain is pretty nice
My Second favorite of them all

Snowflake Ridge
Pretty Creative level, the Spyro-like design fits decently well in SRB2 though there's a few too many pits to my liking. Third favorite of them all

Cluttered Cave Zone
A Decently challenging level, though i managed to nullify most of that with the wind shield right near the start, though the combination of RVZ and DSZ assets seems nice

Wild West Zone
Also pretty good, the desert theme was pretty nicely used here

Toffee Tor Zone
A decently medium-length stage, the RVZ assets were used decently here though i feel the RVZ balls weren't that needed

Wasteland Wilds Zone
Not bad, the platforming was pretty decent

Concordian Coast Zone
Honestly, this seems like an emerald coast ripoff at first but it ended up a short albiet decent level. Though i hoped'd there be slightly more

Crystal Cave Zone
Plenty Short but it feels like it was designed that way, the aesthetic and textures were used decently well.
Overall, not bad but it could use some more work

Hypertower Zone
Mildy decent, though the music doesn't help it that much

Overgrown Heights Zone
The aesthetic was nice but the Enemy and level balance seems out of place, some jumps seem unfair at first

Metallic Madness Good Future
A Bit too short of my liking, though the assets are used great in this level

Aqua Paradise Zone
Barring the Quite often frame drops (Since i was playing on OpenGL), the level looks nice and it plays pretty decently
[Edit: V1.1 of the OLDC Pack Seems to have fixed the issue]

Myriad Memories Zone
While Confusing at first, the puzzle elements did contribute to the level a good bit

Cyan Heights Zone
A Pretty Decent Level, though it's a tiny bit cramped

Magma Falls Zone
Pretty Alright, the RVZ assets are used nicely though sometimes i got confused as where to go

Hectic Harbor Zone
Pretty great level, the emeralds around the level intrigued me

Anteggtica Zone
Too short for it's own good, the aesthetic is nice but that's most of what the level has going for it

Heroes Hall
It really feels like this could of been split into multiple acts but it wasn't for whatever reason, it just goes on for too long
and those cork flowers dont really help it that much in some areas
My second least favorite, i feel it could have been done better

Valley Falls Zone
Oh joy, this one.
This level just goes on for far too long, and the setpieces just don't help it either (seriously, a underwater maze?. it wasn't executed well in this level)
It doesn't help the 2D sections have pits that you'll usually fall into for your first time
My Least favorite

Last edited:
Remember: a correct vote is casted by listing all levels from favorite to least favorite. You've listed them the same way they're listed in the release thread, so double check if that's really what you want to vote.

Your vote is missing Shadow of Atlantis Zone by akirahedgehog.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back