Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
This is my Super Peelout script ported from 2.1 to 2.2

To use the Peelout, just stand still and hold Custom button 1 to charge it.
Release Custom 1 at full charge (shortly after starting running frames) to dash forward at Super Sonic speeds.

Notable changes include:
Sonic kicking up dust when charging the Peelout.
The Peelout taking a bit longer to charge, but with a faster speed gained.
Super Sonic's Peelout charge time is halved.
Some glaring bugs should be fixed.

Attachments

• srb20022.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 3,976
  • VL_SuperPeelout-v2.2.Lua
    8.1 KB · Views: 8,202
Last edited:
Alright nice addon only problem is its too slow.I simply think sonic needs to be a lot faster when performing it

The main reason im not going to increase the speed is because it's already at the speed of Sonic's thok, which a lot of people think is too fast anyway, and because if I make Sonic too fast, it will make it harder for players who use gamepads of some kind to control Sonic at those really high speeds. I personally play with mouse and keyboard and being that the mouse is so much more precise, its easier to control the peelout, however if I raise the speed, it will make it much harder for said people with gamepads to turn and control him due to the slower turning and it being less precise.

The main reason im not going to increase the speed is because it's already at the speed of Sonic's thok,
Actually, you set Sonic's thok to be as slow as his normal speed.
"player.actionspd = player.normalspeed" should be flipped around to "player.normalspeed = player.actionspd"

DSPEEL and DSOUT are redundant in 2.2, since the devteam added all Classic Sonic games' SFX (DSPEEL is now DSCDFM11, and DSOUT is now DSCDFM01)

Last edited:
Actually, you set Sonic's thok to be as slow as his normal speed.
"player.actionspd = player.normalspeed" should be flipped around to "player.normalspeed = player.actionspd"

I meant the speed the peelout is at is Sonic's base thok speed which I think is still 60 FRACUNIT. I only set it as "player.actionspd = player.normalspeed" because I want the thok to always be set to the same as the players normal speed.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

DSPEEL and DSOUT are redundant in 2.2, since the devteam added all Classic Sonic games' SFX (DSPEEL is now DSCDFM11, and DSOUT is now DSCDFM01)

Updated the .pk3 extension to a .Lua extension due to this simple fact. Thank you for letting me know about that.

The Super Peelout reflects itself in its own game (Sonic CD)... not very practical. I don't know if this has many uses as its charge time being longer than the spindash is something I don't agree with. I think it'd be shorter, but rolling out of it would be impossible so you'd have to be vulnerable to be at that speed. Vulnerability tradeoff for speed. I don't know many uses for it so maybe you could have it able to run up walls at full speed... though that sounds cool it may be very unbalanced and even that may not be a good idea to include. Hard to code no doubt. Basically (if speed = max (peelout) [or slightly lower] then roll = disable) or something. SO the spindash doesn't lose use and stuff. Or make the peelout faster because "Sonic is supposed to be the hardest to control, speed tradeoff for difficulty controlling it, making it very good in speedruns for those who know how to use it. Possible ideas. Not asking for any of these, especially the run up walls, I don't even know if that's possible. Maybe just storm up some ideas to make the peelout better as a whole to make it more practical to use, especially in speedrun situations. Also if the peelout isn't charged all the way, Sonic should do a small run so it doesn't completely slow down the speed and stuff and annoy the player. At the end it's your decision what to do. I respect it if you don't think it needs any changes. As you said you want it to be controllable and stuff.

Okay... your mod literally broke the thok... I always thought of this mod to just be nice to have on even if you're not going to use it much... but... well... the thok is broken. The thok is the player's normal speed. The thok caps at the player's normal speed. The thok doesn't like double your aerial speed or anything, the thok just bad with this mod, you messed up with coding. I know this isn't intentional, as I highly disagree with nerfed thok.

It's actually very intentional. Why would the player even think about using the Super Peelout if they can just thok everywhere at the same speed? It would literally make the Peelout useless. I'm not changing it back.

Last edited:
If you're gonna make the thok useless, then state that in the description. This change is very counter intuitive, as this is stated as an ADDON, not a REPLACEMENT. You made thok useless so people would use your mod, but then why should I use your mod if it doesn't improve the character?

I'm PERFECTLY fine with you keeping it this way, and I am NOT asking you to change it, especially since you said you refuse to change it.
All I ask is that you update your description, because for the longest time I was wondering what made the thok so useless, and why I couldn't do that skip in CEZ1.

Sorry if the earlier statement came off as rude, But this doesn't add to Sonic's kit, it replaces. The tradeoff is uh... a tradeoff indeed. Perfectly reasonable.

I have a couple of suggestions: Maybe instead of simply adding afterimages after a full charge, the afterimages should appear at any time your character reaches Peel-Out speeds. As well, if the character has a third move cycle, it could use those sprites instead of the afterimages. Paired with mods like CobaltBW's momentum script, Classic.wad, or CrossMomentum, this could be really fun, and more closely reflect the Peel-Out's behavior in Sonic CD.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back