Sonic Forces, Lost world, or 06?

If anything, I'd say that's to its benefit.
How? If a video game is broken or filled with glitches it's automatically a bad thing. Why is Big Rigs considered like one of the worst video game ever conceived?

As a great game designer said: "A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad"

Anyway let's keep the focus of the thread. Lost World is probably objectively the best choice out of the 3.

Lost World is a mess and its design is really inconsistent but it has some parts that are really genuinely fun, unlike with the other two games.

I like Lost World seemingly because of the Deadly Six. Sure, they didn't even pose a major threat to Sonic afaik, but if SEGA gave a lil' bit more backstory (I guess) to them, maybe we could get a better game.

I'm currently planning on making a Sonic Lost World sequel, where the Deadly Six REALLY step up their game.

i havent gotten a chance to play lost world yet but i would rather play sonic 06. to begin with i dont even dislike sonic 06 that much, even if i did its still better than holding down x throughout a whole stage and doing nothing else.

I think SLW is the best Sonic game in the modern era, the game has multiple abilities such as parkour, or the two buttons to jump, with one you do the homing and with the other the double jump, it was a very good thing, it would improve the gameplay To make it more fluid and the tubular level design I would change it for an open world one, have you played the improvement phisics mod? That is how it would leave its playability

I think Lost World is the best Sonic game in the modern era, the game has multiple abilities such as parkour, or the two buttons to jump, with one you do the homing and with the other the double jump, it was a very good thing, it would improve the gameplay To make it more fluid and the tubular level design I would change it for an open world one, have you played the improvement physics mod? That is how it would leave its playability
Sorry but I got to disagree, while the parkour was a nice idea on paper it was badly executed.

And the level design is even more linear than Generations and Colors so not really better.

Also stop using these lol

"Games are meant to be one thing: fun."
-Satoru Iwata

Alright then, let’s solve this.

While yes, games are meant to be fun, games are defined by multiple qualities. Fun is one of them, but quality must be the most important one. The quality of a game could be very detrimental to its reception if it’s clearly absent or just very low effort. Now in S06’s case, this game had so much planned for it, and you could say it had the most quality put into than any of the games compared in this thread. But unlike this, the final product’s quality isn’t reflective of this, why? Because it’s so unnecessarily buggy! Do you think that the developers intended S06 to be fun because of the countless bugs and exploits it had? If you find it fun, all the power to you, but from a none-bias standpoint, S06 would be the worst game on this list mostly because of the lack of quality control on this buggy mess.

Fun fact, Satoru Iwata also said; Sometimes, ideas are like good wine in that they just need time. S06 could of been a great game, but sadly, it was rushed and is now such a controversial Sonic game.

Besides this, I haven’t played any of these games, but I think just from watching videos on these, all are “bad” games, but Sonic Lost World is certainly less bad in comparison to the other two.

Fun is subjective

Quality is not.

While yes, games are meant to be fun, games are defined by multiple qualities. Fun is one of them, but quality must be the most important one. The quality of a game could be very detrimental to its reception if it’s clearly absent or just very low effort. Now in S06’s case, this game had so much planned for it, and you could say it had the most quality put into than any of the games compared in this thread. But unlike this, the final product’s quality isn’t reflective of this, why? Because it’s so unnecessarily buggy! Do you think that the developers intended S06 to be fun because of the countless bugs and exploits it had? If you find it fun, all the power to you, but from a none-bias standpoint, S06 would be the worst game on this list mostly because of the lack of quality control on this buggy mess.

Fun fact, Satoru Iwata also said; Sometimes, ideas are like good wine in that they just need time. S06 could of been a great game, but sadly, it was rushed and is now such a controversial Sonic game.

What about Shigeru Miyamoto's quote “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”?

Anyway, even if Sonic 2006 wasn't rushed I think that it would've been a very mediocre game because in 2006 we got stuff like Mass Effect and 3D platformers was pretty much an outdated genre.

Nothing from '06 was relevant and honestly I kinda wish fans would stop trying to salvage this and try to make something good and original instead.

Last edited:
What about Shigeru Miyamoto's quote “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”?

Anyway, even if Sonic 2006 wasn't rushed I think that it would've been a very mediocre game because in 2006 we got stuff like Mass Effect and 3D platformers was pretty much an outdated genre.

Yeah, that quote describes it better, but you already used it and I wanted to find one my own :p

Well, maybe Sega could of pulled one out of nowhere and would of actually made a good Sonic game, but considering where their heart was (*cough cough* humans in Sonic *cough cough*) it was probably bound to be a controversial game, buggy or not. But you never know I guess.

Well, maybe Sega could of pulled one out of nowhere and would of actually made a good Sonic game, but considering where their heart was (*cough cough* humans in Sonic *cough cough*) it was probably bound to be a controversial game, buggy or not. But you never know I guess.
Sega were already making dubious decisions years before 2006.

And yeah I agree a lot about the fact that humans simply does no belong in a Sonic game at all.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back