FishingCroagunk

Fish Delish
Hello all! This is my first character pack. So far, I have made twelve chars, with plans to add to it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The characters in this pack:
VBRI - Vibri (vib-ribbon)
Weight 1, Speed 7
attachment.php

This funky little wireframe rabbit has hopped out of Music Land and into a kart! She's looking forward to meeting some new friends on racetracks. With her light weight and high speed, she handles really well.
Her sounds are ripped from vib-ribbon

GUNK - Croagunk (Pokemon)
Weight 6, Speed 3
attachment.php

The toxic mouth Pokemon, and also my favorite (as you can tell). Hailing from Pastoria City, it is unknown who made the kart for him. He focuses more on weight and acceleration, while not being as extreme.
His sounds are ripped from Pokken Tournament DX

CZDV - Crazy Dave (Plants Versus Zombies)
Weight 9, Speed 7
attachment.php

Everyone's favorite crazy, taco-loving neighbor! While the plants defend off his lawn, he's participating in street racing that may or may not be legal. Despite his insanity, he seems to has tuned in his kart to high speed and weight.
His sounds are ripped from the Game of the Year Edition of the PC version of Plants Versus Zombies

CNDL - Colonel Noodle (Parappa the Rapper)
Weight 2, Speed 9
attachment.php

That burger shop's owner's son, he's wearing his old threads to represent noodles! Thankfully, it is against the rules to turn the opponents' karts into noodles. Like Vibri, he's got a lot of handling, but his large afro weighs him down a bit.
His sounds are ripped from Parappa the Rapper 2

P2LU - Louie (Pikmin)
Weight 3, Speed 4
attachment.php

Hocotate Freight's ravenous employee. He seems to be taking an extended vacation to join the race. It's probably for the better for Olimar to be on his own. Wait, where's his helmet? I guess the King of Bugs is feeling adventurous today.
His sounds are ripped from Pikmin 2

WKSG - Wakasagihime (Touhou Project)
Weight 4, Speed 5
attachment.php

Who says you need legs to drive a kart? Clearly not, as Waggy-saggy is able to race with the best of them! She is a bit out of her element, though. Her almost-average stats make her great for beginners.
She uses Azalea's voice from the Nintendo 64 version of Mario Golf

WAIT - Wai-tan (Original Character)
Weight 6, Speed 4
attachment.php

A companion robot from Cheshunt. She joined the circuit because everyone else in her household has jobs, and you can only talk to a Venus fly-trap for so long. Wai hopes her friends will see her at the finish line someday. She loves to pick up souvenirs to bring home with her, completely forgetting she's using Albero's money.
Her sounds are a default Japanese Text-To-Speech voice.

BINO - Bino (Dynamite Headdy)
Weight 1, Speed 1
attachment.php

A puppet most famous for Secret Bonus Points. Specifically, hitting him or his likeness gets you a point. However, on the race track hitting him over and over will not give you any Secret Bonus Points. Wearing nothing more than a pair of red undies, his low stats reflect how finding him can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.
He uses various sound effects from the Genesis version of Dynamite Headdy.

HHGG - H H (hhgregg)
Weight 1, Speed 4
attachment.php

The mascot/sales guide for hhgregg. He's here to spread the word of hhgregg's low prices. Little does he know, the store barely exists today outside of New Jersey. Oh well, I'm pretty sure he'll find some way to bring in some business. Being a sentient sales flyer, he's super light and focuses on acceleration.
He uses clips from various hhgregg commercials.

ORBL - Orbulon (WarioWare)
Weight 6, Speed 8
attachment.php

A highly intelligent alien that likes to visit Diamond City. Despite being 2021 years old, he's still relatively new to the idea of racing (outside of hurdles). After all, why use one of those Earthling karts when you have a flying saucer? At least this variation of the Oinker seems to be able to take more than one hit. With his weight and speed, he should go far.
His sounds are ripped from WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

BLBY - Mr. Blobby (Mr. Blobby)
Weight 9, Speed 9
attachment.php

No one knows who summoned Mr. Blobby to the racetrack, but everyone is confused and worried. He was apparently super popular in the UK in the nineties, but not a lot of people remember him fondly. Oh dear, he's a bit squeezed into that kart. Interestingly, as he can move his eyes and mouth, this isn't someone in a suit but an actual Mr. Blobby! How disturbing. With his maxed out stats, he's sure to be a terror on the track!
He uses clips from various episodes of Mr. Blobby.

MNTA - Monita (Nintendo Land)
Weight 7, Speed 9
attachment.php

The park guide of Nintendo Land. It's been a while since anyone visited the park, so she's trying something new and exciting. She also has borrowed a Blue Falcon from Captain Falcon's Twister Race. Don't worry, it's just a spare. Being based on the famous F-Zero machine, it has a high top speed. The weight is a bit surprising, but that has to do with the levitation technology under the hood.
Her sounds are ripped from the European version of Nintendo Land.

Echoes included in this pack:
Echoes, much like Echo Fighters in Smash, are characters built from another character's sprites. However, their stats and sounds are unique. Whether or not they count as separate characters is up for discussion.

G2AN - Annie (The Goonies II)
Weight 5, Speed 8
attachment.php

A few years after being rescued from the Fratellis by Mikey, she returns to land. She heard about Mikey teaming up with a bunch of heroes to save the world, so when an offer was sent to her via a message in a bottle, Annie accepted immediately. She's still getting used to some of the more wacky racers. Like Waka, her weight is middling, but she focuses on top speed.
She uses Maple's voice from the Nintendo 64 version of Mario Golf.

OLMR - Olimar (Pikmin)
Weight 4, Speed 2
attachment.php

The famous captain and explorer. Thanks to Louie's recklessness, Oilmar has determined the area to be safe enough to be helmet-less. Despite how much Louie eats, Olimar is slightly heavier than him. He blames his metabolism, naturally. Olimar also did a bit of tinkering under the hood of his kart, and has determined that higher acceleration will better suit him. He also seems to be taking notes on the racers in a journal. Some people just can't take a break from work.
His sounds are ripped from Pikmin 2.

SCHO - The President (Pikmin)
Weight 5, Speed 6
attachment.php

The President of Hocotate Freight - simply known as the President - has followed his employees onto the raceway. Let's hope he remembered to tell his wife this time, otherwise a nasty e-mail awaits him. He's really glad he doesn't have to wear that stuffy helmet again. The President is the heaviest of the three, but also the fastest. Thankfully, the company is out of debt, again, so he can focus on the only true treasure - the first place trophy.
His sounds are ripped from Pikmin 2.

SABS - Big Smoke (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)
Weight 8, Speed 4
attachment.php

One of the most recognizable characters in the Grand Theft Auto series. He heard of some competition going on, so he signed up to spread his influence. A lot of his opponents look to be fairly weak to him, so it should be a sinch, even if they are completely alien to him. He's a bit mad he can't use his guns or his bat, but Smoke has a few ideas to take down the others. As Big Smoke would say, "I'm heavy, I don't move too fast," which is reflected in his high weight and low speed.
His sounds are ripped from both the PC and PlayStation 2 versions of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (Content Warning: some of his lines have swear words.)

That's all for now, if you have any questions or comments, let me know!

The Changelog:
V1.0:
  • Initial release: includes VBRI, GUNK, CZDV, CNDL.
V1.5
  • Added P2LU, WKSG, WAIT, and BINO.
V2.0
  • All characters: redid their gloat lines.
  • GUNK: adjusted his drift sprites.
  • CZDV: Added his pan to his goal post, altered back sprite.
  • P2LU: redid his proportions.
  • WAIT: Redid all of her voice lines.
  • Added HHGG, ORBL, BLBY, MNTA, G2AN, OLMR, SCHO, and SABS.

Attachments

• CroagunkCharacterPack_V2.0.pk3
    3.7 MB · Views: 468
  • KC_CroagunkCharacterPack_V2.0_Separate.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 770
  • Characters.png
    Characters.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 17,536
  • characters_stats.png
    characters_stats.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 14,345
  • annie_g2.gif
    annie_g2.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,632
  • bigsmoke.gif
    bigsmoke.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 5,785
  • bino.gif
    bino.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 6,392
  • colnoodle.gif
    colnoodle.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 6,550
  • crazydave.gif
    crazydave.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 6,734
  • croagunk.gif
    croagunk.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 6,690
  • hhgregg.gif
    hhgregg.gif
    6 MB · Views: 6,324
  • hocotatepresident.gif
    hocotatepresident.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 5,828
  • louie.gif
    louie.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 6,483
  • monita.gif
    monita.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 6,024
  • mrblobby.gif
    mrblobby.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 6,281
  • olimar.gif
    olimar.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 5,722
  • orbulon.gif
    orbulon.gif
    7.2 MB · Views: 6,784
  • vibri.gif
    vibri.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 7,508
  • wai-tan.gif
    wai-tan.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 6,293
  • wakasagihime.gif
    wakasagihime.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 6,532
Last edited:
I like that you put in the internal names of the characters on the thread itself. It's a simple gesture, but one that can placate the nerdier types.

Not that I'd know anything about that--

It's finally here! The big 2.0 update!

While minorly adjusting all existing characters, it also adds these new characters: HH, Orublon, Mr. Blobby, and Monita! And the following Echoes have been added: Annie, Olimar, The President, and Big Smoke!

Have fun with these new characters, I certainly worked really hard on them.

Hey all, just wanted to give a bit of an update. Version 2.5 is planned, but not scheduled. Typical stuff of four new characters. But also: Updates to (almost) every character! This update redos all of the shading to better match the Kart artstyle (the Kartstyle if you will). Vibri, however, will stay the same as she has no shading.
attachment.php

Croagunk and Crazy Dave have received quite a makeover!
For Croagunk, his front/back head was redrawn, as well as his reverse 3/4 body, with minor tweaks everywhere else. All of Crazy Dave's heads were redrawn and his bodies received minor tweaks. While (almost) every character will receive minor tweaks beyond the change to the shading, these two characters have different reasons for being revamped like this. For Croagunk, I realized that his heads were of different heights (hence why his drift sprites always looked off). In Crazy Dave's case, I only had his in-game sprites and models to base his sprites off of (his other angles I winged it). It wasn't until recently I found an image of Crazy Dave at the angles I needed (front, back, side) that I really decided to redo the sprites.

As for who the next four Kart Characters to join, I will not state exactly who they are, but instead a little hint.

Character 1) "Power to the players."
Character 2) Rules them all.
Character 3) Best couple since 2002!
Character 4) Somehow not a bootleg.

Happy Karting!

Attachments

• v2.5comparison.png
    v2.5comparison.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,433
FishingCroagunk updated Croagunk's Character Pack (V2.5 MEGA UPDATE!) with a new update entry:

Croagunk's Character Pack V2.5 (MEGA UPDATE) + More

Hello everyone! It's been a while since the last update! This is a pretty large update that affects everyone in the pack!
View attachment 47825
As you can see, everyone's shading has been redone. Their sounds have also been amped.
View attachment 47828
These five are the characters that I believe to have received the biggest glow-up. I also started using extra templates (Mr. Blobby uses the egg kart, and both he and Crazy Dave use the asymmetric template.)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry, I guess 2.5 isn't released yet? Having trouble figuring out if I should be able to get those characters.
It was released on July 22nd, click the download button on the top to get the pk3 or zip.
I'm actually now working on V3.0, based on the winners of the poll.

Alright, everybody, the votes have been counted, and here are the results of the V3.0 Character Poll!
Poll_V3_Results.png

Big Chungus, Raku-chan, Joe Chin, Missingno., Berd, and Maruyama will be joining the pack! That's six characters to look forward to in the next update! I'll start work on them soon. Until next time, Happy Karting!

FishingCroagunk updated Croagunk's Character Pack (V3.0: Character Poll Update) with a new update entry:

Version 3.0 OUT NOW!

View attachment 63955

It is finally here, the poll winners have joined kart!
Will I do another character poll? Maybe.
Will there be a V3.5? Yeah, but I'm probably not gonna start those till April anyway.
As always, let me know if anything needs to be fixed and I will get to that as soon as I can.
Happy Karting!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back