2.1 doesn't quite support that. The engine Kart uses must upgrade to a variation of 2.2.1 or up to use that. :/

Will they update the engine to a version of 2.2 or is it gonna be stuck on 2.1? Not being impatient or anything, just curious as to why it's on a pretty outdated engine. Probably a case of "began and finished development on 2.1 and is too hard/unstable to port to 2.2"?

Would someone explain to me how autoexec.cfg works in Kart? I'm trying to run a few bind commands that work just fine in kartconfig on startup but get deleted after the game closes. I've been searching all over the wiki for Kart specific config help and it's just not there.

EDIT: On the Discord server, I discovered I should have been looking for or creating kartexec.cfg, not autoexec.cfg. Placing this named file in the srb2kart directory worked. The binds are now live every time the game starts as intended.

Last edited:
hello

i beg you, can u devs find a way so that ppl can export their replays? I know its off of a doom port but it would be really nice if ppl could export their lmp files.

All replays are stored in your srb2kart folder's replays directory.

Kart Krew™ Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/WJmqDtN
kartlogo-wallpaper1080p.png

unknown.png

--------------------------------------------
SeventhSentinel--err I mean, Sonic explains the v1.1 patch update

--------------------------------------------

This game has absolutely no single player content outside of time attack. There are no CPU players. To get the full experience, you have to rely on either splitscreen or online multiplayer. As with most games, hosting games will require port forwarding. The port to forward here is 5029, UDP.

It should be noted that this game has absolutely no clientside prediction whatsoever, and runs on a fairly antiquated client/server networking model. It's extremely likely that you will experience latency in some form. Make sure you join servers that you have a low ping to, even if another server has more players. This will help create a better experience for players across many different regions.

Now without further ado, in Sryder's own words...

MAPs.png

SRB2Kart is a classic styled kart racer, complete with beautiful courses, and wacky items. Of course, because it’s SRB2Kart, it has a Sonic twist that really shows the classic charm that a lot of us know and love from the good old days™.

We have 100 jam-packed maps for you to bump, explode, and sparkle your way through, from luscious beaches, to Eggman’s dance floor, to England on a good day. All lovingly crafted by many different people. You’ll notice almost every aspect of the game has an immense love and inspiration from the classic sonic games. From the items such as Ballhog, which literally throws bouncey explodey balls at people, to the maps which are bursting with that Sonic feel.

Of course, you'll only start off with a few cups available, but you can unlock more by playing offline/online matches. Alternatively, you can immediately jump into challenging yourself and race us personally in Staff Attack mode! Don't worry, we'll go easy on you.

Game Modes
We have 2 game modes for you to choose from: Race, and Battle.
Race mode is the normal: Race through the track to beat your opponents, use your items and skill to swooce past the competition, Oh my God what is that following behind me HELP! You know, the usual.

Battle mode asks you to violently throw spikeballs at your friends until they have no bumpers and you have some. But watch out, they can come back with a vengeance and chase you to the ends of the earth afterwards! Or maybe if they’re feeling nice they might help you with a powered up item
chance.

As you’ll find, we have 5 characters in the base game to enjoy, all with very distinct stats. Before we go into them individually, I’ll explain how our stats work. We have separate variables that effect the way a character plays. Speed, and Weight. Higher speed gives you a greater top speed, but sacrifices your ability to accelerate, higher weight reduces your control over your drifting, but you bump players that you are heavier than more violently. Your combination of speed & weight decide how fast you earn drift sparks. We have this shown clearly on a handy dandy grid on the character selection screen in the main menu, pick the character that aligns with your desires most!

Sonic
PLAYWANT.png

Sonic is just what you’d expect from our favorite blue hero! Pretty fast and agile! He’s got some good speed, and can control his drifts pretty well, just make sure you get the drift boosts because otherwise you’ll fall behind!

Tails
TAILWANT.png

Our cute fox boy Tails! Tails has slow speed, but can really get going quickly, he can also take incredibly tight turns all the time, get close to those corners for him to really slip past people!

Knuckles
KNUXWANT.png

Here he comes, tougher than the rest of them. Knuckles is average in both stats, he’s very balanced, and likely a good pick if you don’t know who to try first!

Dr. Eggman
KEGGWANT.png

Ohohohohoho! Eggman has come along to steal the competition! He’s quite slow though, so take advantage of his fast drift-spark rate and his immense weight to stop others from overtaking!

Metal Sonic
METRWANT.png

*Loud Angry Robot Noises* Metal Sonic is fast, and heavy. He’ll fly through the courses if given the chance, but his cornering leaves much to be desired…

Bonus Ducks Characters
Included with the main download is bonuschars.kart. We don’t add it by default, but you can easily do so from the add-ons menu for many more characters to play with! A slew of extras, by a trio of our other devs in their free-time, as well as a few Community artists!

The Various Other Things
-Make sure to check out the in-game manual by pressing F1 or using the menu if you need some help or tips!
-We’ve added some extra Quality of Life features from the vanilla game to help out, such as multi-admin and a chat system that is readable!
-There’s a slight lack of documentation for modding currently, we’ll try and get on that as soon as we can.

Music
We plan to redo the crediting in some fashion eventually so all the track sources can be included in-game, but until then they'll all just be right here for very easy viewing!

Title Screen | Fluvial Beat Deposits - Simon Stålenhag
Voting Screen | Chaotic World - Knuckles' Chaotix
Voting Screen End | Decision - Knuckles' Chaotix
Invincibility | Invincibility - Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Grow | Surging Power - Knuckles' Chaotix
Race Intermission (Win) | Practice - sora: SUGURI II (DEKU)
Race Intermission (Lose) | Hit Em Up (Instrumental) - 2Pac
Race Intermission (NO CONTEST) | Results - F-Zero
Battle Finish Jingles | Bomberman Tournament (Game Boy)
Battle Intermission/Staff Attack | Menu - Metropolis Street Racer
Waiting to Join | Race Results - Sonic the Hedgehog 3
New Challenger | Minor Boss - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - MarkeyJester (Dual PCM)
Credits | Chomp - Moot Booxle

If you don't have the game, then you want the Full Install. If you already have v1.1 or higher, then you might want to use the Patch to save on download size, but it is otherwise functionally identical to using the full installer on the same folder.

DOWNLOADS:
Full Install (Windows)

Patcher (Windows) (For version 1.3)

Full Install (Mac)

SRB2Kart now uses an APT repository via Launchpad for handling Linux editions. Your add-ons and data will be saved in your home folder (~/.srb2kart). To view information about each install package, visit our Launchpad PPA page: https://launchpad.net/~wolfy852/+archive/ubuntu/kart-public

Debian users will first need to use these commands to retrieve the repository public key:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install dirmngr
$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys BC359FFF5A04B56C41DBC134289CABAB043F53A7

Next, Debian & Ubuntu users can run these commands to install the game.
Code:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kartkrew/srb2kart
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install srb2kart

If Terminal does not have a "add-apt-repository" command, then also enter:
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

These instructions are largely identical to base SRB2's, just switched out repo & package names. For more detailed information, visit this page: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=43972

The changelogs for every single update can be found here: https://github.com/STJr/Kart-Public/releases

MANUAL (F1 in-game)
Mirror

The non-Windows builds are experimental and haven't been tested nearly as much; if you have issues, you can always attempt to compile it for yourself on your own computer: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_code_compiling
source:git.do.srb2.org/KartKrew/Kart-Public

Supporters / CoAuthors

Is there gonna be a mobile version of the game?

So this is SRB2 Kart
Is amazing!!!
Is a kart game with Sonic Characters
And original tracks!
And the Best of all is that you can add extra characters as Mario or Mickey Mouse and tracks too as hydrocity!
This is the Best kart recing Game ever!!

h o w d i d y o u g e t t h e d y n a m i c r o l l a n g l e a n d h o w d o I g e t i t i n v a n i l l a S R B 2 ?
kart0001.gif

Post automatically merged:

Aww you can only have one space :(

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back