Sonic 1 Sprite edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'm suddenly interested in editing sprites for "stuff". *coughavatarcough*

Where could I find the Sonic 1 sprites and how would I edit them?

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I'm suddenly interested in editing sprites for "stuff". *coughavatarcough*

Where could I find the Sonic 1 sprites and how would I edit them?
This place has lots of sonic sprites, as for editing MSpaint works best for me.
Edit: i got my avatar sprites from there

In Paint.Net, you could use a layer technique:

Make layers for however many frames you want to make;
Add sprites to layers accordingly;
When done, copypasta the image in the layer into a new image;
Save.

This will help keep your sprites in perfect position, and you also have other benefits to doing it that way. To animate it, you could save them all as gifs, and find a gif animator to animate them all. You could also use Flash, which can animate high quality image, and has the benefit of sound.

Ok, how do I get rid of the colour around the sprite? You can check my avatar to see what I mean.

Make it the transparent color. Never tried 8-bit transparency in Paint.NET so no idea how this is done :P But get rid of the dithering first, dammit x_X

I'm actually using GIF animator. But I would like to compare the difference between the two... *goes to download paint.NET*

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I'm actually using GIF animator. But I would like to compare the difference between the two... *goes to download paint.NET*
No need to: GIF animator allows you to specify the transparent color. Go to the third tab and you'll see.

Disable dithering in GIF animator as well as choose to use custom palettes. Obviously you aren't using more than 256 colors so you shouldn't see any loss. Go and set the background color as transparent.

I have switched to Paint.NET because it gives me more options. :p

Can you tell me how to get rid of dithering in paint.NET?

I'm not sure if Photoshop is a good choice for pixelart, not to mention you have to pay for it, while Paint.NET is freeware.

Chromesprite3.gif

Not bad for a first try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back