• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Well, here showing my 2 upcoming wads, my 2 first wads ever.

Plain Forest Act 1 and presenting my first ever character wad! :D
srb2win2014-04-1417-46-35-033.png

srb2win2014-04-1417-46-39-414.png

srb2win2014-04-1417-49-05-640.png

srb2win2014-04-1417-48-32-674.png

I just have one small question here for you sir before we begin: is that a joke wad of any sort?

CHARACTER: No shading, typical FC, odd backstory, some unoriginality...
STAGE: Looks okay, but it's just really your typical GHZ or GFZ...

I really hope you don't get criticized for the fan character.

CHARACTER: No shading, typical FC, odd backstory, some unoriginality...
STAGE: Looks okay, but it's just really your typical GHZ or GFZ...

I really hope you don't get criticized for the fan character.

Character: I started it 2 days ago so don't go mad because I didn't even started doing the jump frames.

Stage: GFZ or GHZ textures are just a placeholder, can't you just wait till I release any of the 2?

Maybe this is why there's almost nothing of a Srb2 character wad, a random user just posts his very first char wad after starting it 1 or more days ago, other users think its a real big and stinky piece of brown bullshit and then they spam shitty criticism about his VERY first char ever and then that user just gives up on his wad and everybody dies.
You all should just help that user to improve his first wad instead of just spamming bad comments about it, I can feel this year "character" wads will be just 2 or 3.
Thanks to all for not helping me with tips or something and just spamming bad comments, it's a really big ragequit and frustration hearing that from you, i think that happened to Nitemare or Senku.

Last edited:
Character: I started it 2 days ago so don't go mad because I didn't even started doing the jump frames.

Stage: GFZ or GHZ textures are just a placeholder, can't you just wait till I release any of the 2?

His point is all the sprites of the character are simply very blatant and very bad recolors of the default Sonic sprites. It would never be accepted the way it is now.

His point is all the sprites of the character are simply very blatant and very bad recolors of the default Sonic sprites. It would never be accepted the way it is now.

Character: I started it 2 days ago so don't go mad because I didn't even started doing the jump frames

Have you atleast readed this? This is MY VERY VERY VERY first character wad, I'm just showing off what i'm gonna make in the future.

Have you atleast readed this? This is MY VERY VERY VERY first character wad, I'm just showing off what i'm gonna make in the future.
Nobody cares. Just because it's your first time doing something doesn't mean no one else can criticize it. The direction your wad is going in is awful, and many of the members here are advising you to change it before you create an abomination that will only go as far as to sit in rejected releases until the end of time. Take criticism and maybe you can create a decent sprite instead of a Sonic recolor.

I would've worked on more rotations or animations first before posting this. Character wad making is a very long process even if you know what you're doing...

Can be better if we stop talking about my wad before I spam all this page of the thread with stupid stuff.
I thought shit like this would happen before making this char wad, but I just ignored it to see what I can do with Srb2, nah it ended like this.

Thank god I just posted a screenshot before releasing, so I would avoid stuff like this.

Last edited:
Can be better if we stop talking about my wad before I spam all this page of the thread with stupid stuff.

Thank god I just posted a screenshot before releasing, so I would avoid stuff like this.

First off, you posted this crap here. This is what happens.

Second, there's almost no chance for this to get released. If it does, release standards are really low. :V

I thought shit like this would happen before making this char wad, but I just ignored it to see what I can do with Srb2, nah it ended like this.

Criticism doesn't work that way. There are consequences to showing your work to the public, and you are refusing to accept them. Even if you had a reasonably complete work to share, that attitude would keep me from being interested in it.

Hopefully this will be a lesson for you that creating content with the lowest effort for the most attention is a completely unfeasible task.

Yay I received an infraction. Don't worry, in less than 5 or 4 years I'll have this character really well made and detailed.

No, you won't, because refining an awful idea doesn't change how awful it is. People are telling you to stop with the character because it's terrible, not because they want to insult you. Just because people are telling you something you don't want to hear doesn't make it not legitimate feedback. That character is so awful that it looks like a parody of awful fan characters like HMS, yet it appears you're completely serious. Of course people are going to point that out.

Yay I received an infraction. Don't worry, in less than 5 or 4 years I'll have this character really well made and detailed.

You can't take criticism very well, I see. It's a skill to learn. To be honest, that wad doesn't look like it has any sort of effort put into it, and I think you should have refined it. (And got rid of the recolor and awful backstory.)

It's not that he isn't putting any effort at all into the sprites, but more or less the lack of originality in the character itself.

I guess clinging to an existing art style is something a lot of us do as teens, when we don't know what our own approach is yet. My sister's FCs still outclassed any of the terrible ones I've seen on these forums over the years, though, maybe because she actually put in the effort and tried to stand out, and it showed. (I wish I had scans, they were that good and only looked like Sonic characters because of the bodily proportions.)

Guess my point is you should have sketched him out a lot more before starting on the sprites, otherwise you'd probably have an interesting character worth animating, like Hinote. Planning is everything when it comes to making a character, you'd be amazed how much their designs can change over time.

Well, I choosed to make this wad First making the design and Second adding style and details to it, the images I posted is just an example of how the character's structure will be, Indeed, i wanted my character to look like my avatar's style. I've made sketches, and they look, I admit it, really cool, it's almost a unique style for being a character, but I just did a little placeholder with the Sonic's recolor. And yes, maybe I can use that version of my wad as a parody later on when I start making the Real design. I'm sory if I acted really rude, it's just that I don't come from a "decent" good family, instead, I'm always pissed off cause of my sister or sometimes family problems so forgive me.

Last edited:
In that case, a friendly tip. You wouldn't be the first to use Sonic as a placeholder. It's one of the oldest things on the Internet, and most of the older crowd tire of seeing Sonic turned into awkward palette swaps while pretending he's someone else, because we can't.

You're better off doing the serious version from the start. Original fan characters do have a place on the Internet, there are loads of great ones on deviantART, but the typical recolor is only welcome on one particular Sonic fan wiki that I shall not name or touch with a ten foot pole. HMS only gets a free pass here because of he's meant to poke fun at these things.

Last edited:
I present to you, business crawla.

FpfJn64.png

He means business. SRS BZNS. (Serious business)
I may or may not finish it. It originated as a joke on the IRC.
I was inspired by Evilgasm.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back