How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too long, enough that if you looked at my old posts, you would see a major improvement... and that I regret my present username of "Nomekop"

Too long, enough that if you looked at my old posts, you would see a major improvement... and that I regret my present username of "Nomekop"

Well, you can actually ask Rob if you want to change your username. I asked him to remove the ugly "FC." from my name, and it worked fine apparently.

First discovered the game back on the Sonic fan Games HQ back when I was big into fan games. first version I think I might have experienced may have been Christmas TGF, then forgot aboout it. Followed by Halloween Tech, then forgot. Then Christmas 0.96 (The windows version) and one of the early demos that still used midis but not ogg files yet.

This would be around 2000 at the earliest, 2002 or 03 at the latest.

I didn't start seriously following the game until 1.09.4 when I discovered I could make my own levels for the game.

Last edited:
For 2.1, according to my statistics, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 41 seconds. I first knew SRB2 - I think - in 2014 (right now!). At first, I was not really interested, but later, I started to LOVE SRB2! And later I started to get better as well! That is pretty much what I need to say.

I played SRB2 when it was in it's Final Demo, waiting for 2.0 to come out...
As I was playing the Final Demo, I got bored and eventually left it... until 2.0 came out that is.

I was then back to playing the game again, and I had a 'blast' (no pun intended).

Once it got to 2.0.6, waiting for the 2.1 update, I eventually lost interest and didn't play it all the time.

Then when 2.1 came out, I was back right into it again. And now, here we are...

Also, I played SRB2 for 71 hours, 32 minutes, and 4 seconds.

Me? I've been around SRB2 since about 2012/2013 when 2.0.6 was out.
Back then I wasn't a derpy idiot who knows more than he's supposed to, I didn't even know Minecraft then, I WASN'T EVEN A BRONY OR POKEMON FAN!!

Now it's late 2014 and I know level editing, wad making and many mooore.

I just turned 18 now, but I grew up with this game. I was homeschooled (I loved it) so I had a lot of free time. I forgot how I got my hands on this, I think it was my dad, but when I did, I loved it. I remember how after "Castle Robotnik" the game ended with Sonic speaking in the end credits.

EDIT: I did played the first one. I also loved it. But obviously SRB2 was far superior.

It's was on 2014 on April, I was bored on the last day of March.

I kinda was searching for new Games, Until i caught the sight of this.
"Sonic Robo Blast 2", that sounded interesting for me.

I entered the Website and looked around the sections, I was amazed by the game.
I started to download 2.1.7, it's took a couple of hours.
AND I got amazed even more, I even noticed the mods the community made!
(Sryder13 & RedEnchilada, Yes, both of you, I freakin' like you'r RingClashing.lua and CombiRing.lua!)

So i started playing SRB2 since April 2014.

Last edited:
I found srb2 off some random website, it was an older version where the flags were ugly looking red and blue squares on a stick.

I actually started playing actual srb2 when i was in like 4th or 5th grade or so... I'm in 12th now so I'll do math later.

I think the version was 1.09.4 but I'm not sure anymore XD

Random off-topic side note: Mystic I'm sorry I'm also one of those "oldbies" who never got onto giving my feedback on those emblems xD I did help starting up with the guide on it when the version first came out though.

I've known about SRB2 since at least the beginning of 2008 thanks to some Youtube videos; one of them was playing one of the final stages of Mystic Realms, another was playing as a custom character (A Rabbid from Rayman Raving Rabbids) in GFZ1.

I first tried it myself in Spring 2012 and was only able to get up to DSZ1 since I was both a newbie and wasn't really used to playing a fast-paced platformer with FPS controls. But then I wound up with a third party wired PS3 controller which I decided to use for some of my Windows games, mostly emulated stuff, and then I came to SRB2, which was less tedious with a controller. That was also when I decided to collect mods for SRB2 and host servers online.

I got SRB2 in Easter 2008, as 1.09.4, and I found out what was SRB2 when I was watching Youtube Poops related to it. And I was watching some videos of people having fun with SRB2JTE. I joined the fourms very recently, however..

I got into it with 1.09.4 Final Demo and I was amazed of the graphics and how well the performance was on an old PC with a mere 768MB RAM.
After finding out the analog option made it easier,I was even happier about playing it.
I miss the ring based special stages. :(
I had some good times with those,and the satisfying sound of collecting a lot of rings at once.
Especially good with analog mode making it less difficult.
At one point later on,I got a controller adapter from Wal-Mart with a Gamecube slot I hooked to the PC and played with a Gamecube controller,which was also perfect for playing N64 games on PJ64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back