Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly, I submit a NON-Rush job match level.... well, save for one room. but still! :D

People on IRC are split in two teams:
1) the ones who are trying to make rush job levels and almost freaked out.
2) the others who are trying to freak out the first ones:

<EzerArch|SRB2DB> OMG! 15 minutes!!!
<EzerArch|SRB2DB> XD
<Torgo> whatever the final countdown song it
<Torgo> *is
<Kimmachinima> Ezer, don't freak those people out
<EzerArch|SRB2DB> it's fun
<Mima> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw <--- that this is obligatory
<EzerArch|SRB2DB> Mima: This one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A
<Mima> hell yeah, Ezer
<Torgo> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk
<Torgo> This one is worse
<Kimmachinima> BTW, 10 minutes
<Mima> lol Torgo

Making rush maps is probably the most fun part of the OLDC as of now, sadly. :<

Anyways, back to drawing up concepts for a non-rushed map.

So, since the attention towards the OLDC has drifted down even further, are we going to have another delay, like Feb-Dec '04? Or will it still go on like normal?

I've decided to do something I haven't done in years: enter the Single Player division. I won't say anything about it other than the fact that, coming from me, this level might seem unexpected.

Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
I've decided to do something I haven't done in years: enter the Single Player division.

*Immediately cancels plans to enter May-June contest due to intensity of competition*

*Immediately cancels plans to enter May-June contest due to intensity of competition*
No! That's exactly the wrong reaction! The contest is not about winning, it's about having fun with the maps that are presented. Look at the May/June 2009 contest: It had four maps in its single player division which I still adore tremendously (Aquatic Labyrinth Zone Act 2, Mill Citadel Zone Act 2, Factory Farce Zone Act 1 and Hidden Sanctuary Zone Act 2; in order from most to "least" adoration). Now if Kuja, Inuyasha and Ice had known that Ezer.Arch was gonna trump them and they hadn't submitted their maps because of that, that would have been an extreme loss. Flawed as it was, I enjoyed your last map, and it would be sad if you actually refrained from making another one just because Fawfulfan is doing one too (Also, if Thompson and Neo are gonna submits their maps too next time, it's gonna be hard as all hell for Fawfulfan to win).

srb20059.png

srb20060.png

srb20063.png
If I can get myself to finish this waterslide circuit map of mine, maybe I'll enter the OLDC for once. =P

(Also, if Thompson and Neo are gonna submits their maps too next time, it's gonna be hard as all hell for Fawfulfan to win).
Combine that with the fact that the theme I've chosen has tremendous potential to suck. I'm actually sort of challenging myself to take a boring idea and make something decent out of it, so it'll be a miracle if it actually wins.

If I can get around to it, I may try entering Single Player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back