Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is...?

SRB2Wiki said:
"The Official SRB2 Master Server is divided into two separate "rooms" which serve different purposes. In the Standard Room, netgames using the official gametypes implemented into SRB2 are hosted. Servers that play the game in a different way than intended through the game, such as Roleplaying or Hangout, are hosted in the Casual Room. During the OLDC judging period, an additional OLDC room is open for contest judging netgames. "

Sorry, I meant OLDC Room, not server.

Just submitted a 2D Race level I slapped together to pass the time.
Please, don't submit awful rush jobs just because you can. The purpose of the contest is to make enjoyable stages and get feedback on your level designing skills, not to put something together really quick because you're bored.

If I am correct all entries will be due tomorrow. If thats true then it's just enough time to finish and submit my CTF map.

Well Revision 1 of Icicle Warehouse is submitted. And to compensate for something SRB2 lacks, I've placed certain power ups, made by Furious Fox, around the map that only show up for Tails and Knuckles and with the 7 emeralds.

Sorry, I meant OLDC Room, not server.
It needs to not show up again. Most people just ignore the room altogether - I can only recall three different people ever making use of it. People already just change server names for the contest WADs so what's the use?

Well Revision 1 of Icicle Warehouse is submitted. And to compensate for something SRB2 lacks, I've placed certain power ups, made by Furious Fox, around the map that only show up for Tails and Knuckles and with the 7 emeralds.

Can't you just make a _NORMAL_ level?

All I put in was Furious Fox's Super Box for Tails and Knuckles, and that will only show up if you have the 7 emeralds and are either Tails or Knuckles. Aside from that It's just a Icy warehouse district with a couple of caves and a dig site.

I have to say that all of these maps look really cool. Now im looking forward to play contest maps.

Map sent with a cold soda and a cookie.

Phew, I'm glad I got that over with. When I started making the map, it was just something I did while I was doing something important, like listening to books on tape for school and stuff. Just kind of something to do with my hands. Then I had to start doing it more and more often if I wanted to get it into the contest. I ended up spending a LOT more time on it than I ever wanted to. And it's not the best map either, that's for sure. Ah well, it's a first attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back