Sonic's house Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wad needs a lot of work.

1. Don't put homing and rail on the same map ever.
2. The hallways should be less cramped
3. Make sure you tag the rings deaf
4. I am not sure why you put so many invincibility monitors, generally not a good idea in match.
5. Maybe it should just be the house and make it the battle zone.
6. Don't put homing and rail on the same map ever.
7. Read level design 101 for further details

This wad is obviously designed to be a hangout, but has an added match area to try to loophole around the Master Server rules. I'd just like to let everyone know that it's not going to work; I will still enforce their rules to the fullest.

I'm getting sick and tired of these stupid hangout wads. If you're going to make something, make something that can actually be played. This problem is starting to get so bad that I'm considering just simply banning any servers that uses notorious hangout wads, regardless of what's going on inside.

FuriousFox said:
This wad is obviously designed to be a hangout, but has an added match area to try to loophole around the Master Server rules. I'd just like to let everyone know that it's not going to work; I will still enforce their rules to the fullest.

I'm getting sick and tired of these stupid hangout wads. If you're going to make something, make something that can actually be played. This problem is starting to get so bad that I'm considering just simply banning any servers that uses notorious hangout wads, regardless of what's going on inside.

I say I concur. However, SA-City I'd say would be an exception, IF it's used properly, that is, in SRB2JTE.

True enough, but it has some resemblance of a point. Moreso then without. I mean, if they're playing it how it's meant to be played...Well, it's legal Master Server gameplay.

Dark Warrior said:
FuriousFox said:

I say I concur. However, SA-City I'd say would be an exception, IF it's used properly, that is, in SRB2JTE.
I made this level as a level where people can watch a match if they don't want to be killed by other players, and IT IS NOT A HANGOUT WAD!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dark Warrior said:
True enough, but it has some resemblance of a point. Moreso then without. I mean, if they're playing it how it's meant to be played...Well, it's legal Master Server gameplay.
This or SA-City?

Sales, the reason I say it's a hangout wad is because it barely works at all for match, much in the same way as SA-City. The way that the rings are all bunched up in one tiny area of the map, and the way that you can't get out of that area once you're in it shows that you don't want people shooting each other in the map, despite the fact that you say it's a match level. The overall design doesn't work at ALL for match, yet it's perfect for hangout and roleplay. If you don't want your levels to be labeled as hangout wads, then start designing your levels correctly.

FuriousFox said:
Sales, the reason I say it's a hangout wad is because it barely works at all for match, much in the same way as SA-City. The way that the rings are all bunched up in one tiny area of the map, and the way that you can't get out of that area once you're in it shows that you don't want people shooting each other in the map, despite the fact that you say it's a match level. The overall design doesn't work at ALL for match, yet it's perfect for hangout and roleplay. If you don't want your levels to be labeled as hangout wads, then start designing your levels correctly.

YOU DON'T GET IT!!!
I don't want people shooting the audience at all so you can't have rings in the house. Also people say that the hallways are too small for a match so that's another reason to why you can't have rings in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back