• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what you should do...

Make the rails as linedefs, but put a very small invisble FOF right next to it. It's almost as if it's solid. I think Playah did this in SRB2HNS...

Here's what I do: I first look for a course that uses the rail, like Tet's Chaos Zone (Level Pack). Then I open that with my level editor program. I look for a rail in the level (play the course and figure out where the rail is and try to coordinate the location with the layout of the course) then I go back to the level editor and see what they did to make the rail. I use Doom Bulder, so I check the sector that is the rail and I see the sector tag. Then I press F3 to look for the linedef sector tag. Then I check what is the linedef effect. After that, I switch to lines mode (L) and I check the texture of the rail and how it's set up. Then I just somehow "copy" the makings of the rail from that level into my level. I used Metal Wasteland Zone 2 (MAP08) as a reference. That's mainly of how I learned to do new things.

When I looked at the name of this topic, I thought this topic would be about is the rails from Sonic Heroes. How do you make them anyways???
Could you please post opinions and/or answers to this question on my topic, "!!!'s World of Chaos?"

I thought ahead and I thought of what some people may think:
Q: "Why won't you post this question on your topic anyway?"

A: Well, I would rather post the question here instead because this topic is about rails.................Maybe I'll just post this question on my topic too.

What?

Er... yeah, what they said. On the actual line structure that you want the rails to be, set the rail texture as the Middle texture and check off Lower Unpegged.

Then, close to the rail texture, make an reallyreally thin sector that's about the length of the rail, and place the sector right next to it.
From here, you can either set up an invisible FOF or use some other method I'm not bothered to explain. It's how they set up snow, too. Though it's faster in performance then using an FOF, setting up the FOF is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back