This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

turbofa

Welcome to the Turbo Pack Mega (or TPM for short). This pack has currently 8 maps in it:

MAP82 Frozen Lake Zone
A snowy circuit where contestant must carelessly drive on thin ice and hazardous caves. Don't fall down in the water!
attachment.php

attachment.php
MAP83 UAC Racing Facility

IT'S HELL ON EARTH! WHY DON'T WE ORGANISE A KART RACE? Map based on the original Doom game. UPDATE From version 1.4, this map is in map hell
attachment.php
attachment.php
MAP84 Windy Hilltop Zone
A really high place, with a lot of currents that propel karts upward! Physicist hate this trick!
attachment.php

attachment.php
MAP85 Crash Course Zone
Did someone forget to install Counter Strike: Source? Try to reboot.
attachment.php
attachment.php

MAP87 Salt Factory Zone
Directly from the mines, the salt here is crushed and sent to the world.
The only problem, there is no warehouse!
attachment.php
attachment.php

MAP88 Tux Raceway
For once, a track that is an actual race circuit! A short 5 lap track.
attachment.php
attachment.php

MAP89 Shinigami Valley Zone
You are dead! The god of death is watching now the race, maybe if you win he will let you return to the world of the living?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MAPS8 Horrible Roundabout
Hidden map. First experiment with the editor. Put in just for fun.

Changenote:
V1.0
Initial release

V1.0.1
General
Shifted map numbers to avoid conflicts with monochrome rift
Frozen Lake Zone
Fixed some track breaking shortcuts
Added missing waypoints

V1.1
General
Scaled all the tracks, thanks to Ashnal for the command suggestion
Added encore palettes
Frozen Lake Zone
Minor changes to the layout
UAC Racing Facility
More decorations
Added blood pools that stun the player.

V1.1.1
Fixed some conflitcting textures.

V1.2
New track: Windy Hilltop Zone (MAP84)

V1.2.1
Windy Hilltop Zone
Fixed a crash issue with wrong nextlevel command
Enlarged springs sector and finish line to avoid problems with grow powerup

V1.3
New track: Crash Course Zone (MAP85)
UAC Racing Facility
Changed last turn to make it more noticeable and less punish overshoting
Minor change to the first corridor to hopefully cause less bumping during first lap

V1.4
2 New tracks: Salt Factory Zone (MAP87) and Tux Raceway (MAP88)
Fixed another texture conflict. Hopefully, this was the last one.

UAC Racing Facility
Moved to map hell.
Frozen Lake Zone
Removed an offroad section in one of the finals U-turn
More decorations.
Windy Hilltop Zone
Added a safe current to the second jump to make the jump possible even at lower speeds
Modified the top route of the second jump with a section of offroad, in order to require at least a sneaker to not lose time in the area and setting the lower area as the main road.
Crash Course Zone
Added more arrows to the square area for better directioning

V1.5
New Track: Shinigami Valley Zone (MAP89)
Frozen Lake Zone
Modified the last U-turn with a wall of breakable ice blocks.
Added a U-turn sign.
Windy Hilltop Zone
Modified the road near the springs, now the jumps should be less punishing in easy and normal difficulties.
Salt Factory Zone
Modified some sign for better navigation.
Tux Raceway
Changed the music with the remastered version of the same track (Thanks to Oravell for the file)

V1.5.1
Windy Hilltop Zone
Fixed a bugged vertex

V1.5.2
General
Redone all course selection thumbnails for higher quality pictures
Windy Hilltop Zone
Added a kill floor to an outside area where it's potentially possible to get stuck
Crash Course Zone
Modified the entrance of the second bridge to avoid being stuck on it
Added guardrails on the square part
Salt Factory Zone
More signs
Changed wall texture in outside area to avoid confusion with the offroad parts
Added a guardrail in the second outside turn
Added a speedpad on the L turn at the factory entrance to avoid a full stop on the wall
Changed the last part to remove a weird turn, now it's a straight with an optional booster-piston on the right
Shinigami valley Zone
Changed some texture and added more red lines
Tux Raceway
Corrected the song credits
Fixed an issue with the music

V1.5.3
Salt Factory Zone
Fixed an unintentional shortcut (thanks to JugadorXEI)

Attachments

• kart0000.png
    kart0000.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 11,091
  • kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 11,046
  • kart0004.png
    kart0004.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 10,864
  • kart0007.png
    kart0007.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 10,879
  • KR_TPM-v1.0.1.pk3
    5.2 MB · Views: 357
  • KR_TPM-v1.1.pk3
    5.3 MB · Views: 363
  • KR_TPM-v1.1.1.pk3
    5.3 MB · Views: 341
  • kart0005.png
    kart0005.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 8,986
  • kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 9,201
  • KR_TPM-v1.2.pk3
    6.5 MB · Views: 307
  • KR_TPM-v1.2.1.pk3
    6.5 MB · Views: 320
  • KR_TPM-v1.3.pk3
    8.6 MB · Views: 398
  • kart0008.png
    kart0008.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 8,545
  • kart0009.png
    kart0009.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 8,522
  • KR_TPM-v1.4.pk3
    11.5 MB · Views: 381
  • kart0013.png
    kart0013.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 7,894
  • kart0016.png
    kart0016.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 7,815
  • kart0017.png
    kart0017.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 7,913
  • kart0019.png
    kart0019.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 7,797
  • kart0020.png
    kart0020.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 7,426
  • kart0021.png
    kart0021.png
    196 KB · Views: 7,361
  • kart0022.png
    kart0022.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 7,398
  • KR_TPM-v1.5.pk3
    13 MB · Views: 425
  • KR_TPM-v1.5.1.pk3
    13 MB · Views: 758
  • KR_TPM-v1.5.2.pk3
    13.2 MB · Views: 370
  • KR_TPM-v1.5.3.pk3
    13.2 MB · Views: 891
Last edited:
i like the designs of these maps and the idea behind the UAC one is a really creative one that i've always wanted seeing get made in kart so, it's good to see someone making it! tho i have an issue with the maps, the roads are way too tight and hard to navigate on both of the maps, and the directioning isn't that great either, which would be really bad to deal with in a netgame i'd imagine, and also, the red spring panels you have in the maps act like yellow spring panels so, you should change their sprites, otherwise, this is a pretty decent map pack

Released V 1.0.1, with some important fixes

i like the designs of these maps and the idea behind the UAC one is a really creative one that i've always wanted seeing get made in kart so, it's good to see someone making it! tho i have an issue with the maps, the roads are way too tight and hard to navigate on both of the maps, and the directioning isn't that great either, which would be really bad to deal with in a netgame i'd imagine, and also, the red spring panels you have in the maps act like yellow spring panels so, you should change their sprites, otherwise, this is a pretty decent map pack

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I will try to enlarge the maps if it's possible without breaking to much the layout and add more signs

Interesting designs. Here's a bit of feedback.

Both of these are quite small. I had to add "MobjScale = FRACUNIT*87/100" to the map header to make them not be pinball with my 8 player game. I'd suggest trying decreasing the mobjscale like this to give some room on the track for multiplayer.

Love the UAC Facility. The outside section is great and I like the cliff with boosters. The inside is a bit bland however. Could use some more doom inspired architecture, like the metal doors or computers, barrels, etc to make the interior more interesting to race through. Maybe a little height variation inside. Great music choice.

Frozen Lake is alright. It has one section with a very thin bridge that is almost impossible to drift cleanly through at the default scale. The icy hairpin after that gives quite major issues to any heavier/faster characters. Try using E-102 Omega to see what I mean. Perhaps it's supposed to be a braking drift for those types? Could also use arrows on the dangerous turns where there are cliffs/water into death planes on the outsides.

Nice work overall. I'd love to see future updates and improvements to these, as well as newer tracks from you!

Yeah, these tracks could definitely do with some enlarging; the stairs at the start of UAC especially suffer from this, since coming in on a second/third lap requires you to hit a relatively narrow line or else miss them and lose a ton of time.

Release V 1.1, hopefully it's better to play online. Made some minor changes in layout of frozen lake zone, but there isn't a lot I can do without screwing to much the circuit

I'm not sure if this issue is unique to me or what, but for some reason with this pack loaded, some textures in other courses get broken, for example, green hill zone is ruined.

Heres what I mean:

ZmmEDaW.png

I'm not sure if this issue is unique to me or what, but for some reason with this pack loaded, some textures in other courses get broken, for example, green hill zone is ruined.

Heres what I mean:

ZmmEDaW.png

No it's not unique to you, I forgot to remove some unused texture from my resources and some of them had the same name of the base resource, causing some conflicts in other tracks. I've updated the pack, there shouldn't be any more conflicts, but in the chance I've missed something I will eventually update again. Thanks a lot for telling me the issue.

Realeased V1.2, with a new track, Windy Hilltop Zone.
EDIT Hotfix realeased in v1.2.1 for a crash issue

Last edited:
Released v1.4, with not one, not 3, but 2 new tracks! Also, various modification in all the tracks, details in the changelog.

Windy Hilltop and Tux Raceway have become a couple of my favorite maps!

Some feedback on Shinigami Valley:
I think you need more color variation. Many players complain about the overbearing amount of grey in the map when it comes up on my server. This low contrast is especially detrimental in the indoor cave section where the walls, floor, and cieling are all grey. Make it really hard to tell where you are going and I've observed many people just driving straight off due to poor visibility in there.

Lining the edges of the track with contrasting colors would help an absolute ton here. Especially the edge of the cliff in the cave cliffs section.

Overall good work and I'd love to see future improvements and tracks!

Where exactly is the music for Tux Raceway from? I know the name of the song is Rush.it, and the original version was done by somebody named Jimmy before being replaced by a remastered version by that guy named Oravell. But trying to do an Google/YouTube search on the song does not work, and I can't get any results that even vaguely resemble what I'm looking for. It's just that the song is really good, and I would love to find the source of it.

Where exactly is the music for Tux Raceway from? I know the name of the song is Rush.it, and the original version was done by somebody named Jimmy before being replaced by a remastered version by that guy named Oravell. But trying to do an Google/YouTube search on the song does not work, and I can't get any results that even vaguely resemble what I'm looking for. It's just that the song is really good, and I would love to find the source of it.
https://soundcloud.com/jimmy-ocx/rush
It's by Jimmyoshi (or jimmy.oshino, which is his current Soundcloud username); my guess is that Oravell sent the remastered version, and was wrongly credited as the author (the metadata should say "Rush.it - jimmy.oshino (remastered by Oravell)", I guess)
Also, if anyone wants to check Oravell's other stuff (mostly remasters), check it out: https://soundcloud.com/oravellmusic

Last edited:
Realeased V 1.5.2, mainly bug fixing and modified credits for rush.it, a bigger change in the last area of salt factory, all details in the changelog.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back