What would happen if STJr takes over Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic said:
Chrome the hedgehog said:
Well, SRB2 can't use the homing attack beacsue of how simple the AI is and how simple the enemies are.
That's not true. We don't use the homing attack because of an intentional design choice. SRB2 was designed before Sonic Adventure was released, and is based on the classics. Hitting enemies takes a lot more skill in SRB2 than it does in Adventure, so we can have simplistic enemies early-on. You can expect some more complicated enemies in the final. Also, since they take some more skill to hit, it also encourages the use of the spindash, which in SA1/2 is only really useful for time attacking.

I just hope we have some nasty crawlas that need dodging to take out.

Mystic said:
Also, since they take some more skill to hit, it also encourages the use of the spindash, which in SA1/2 is only really useful for time attacking.
  1. The old Sonic games were more about jumping on enemies, not spindashing on them (I mean, jumping was meant to be the main attack).
  2. SA1/2 don't make good use of spindashing due to lack of secret passages. The Mega Drive games made it useful because you could break a lot of walls with it, leading to secret passages. This is pure level design.

super silvex said:
If this ever happened the sega bit at the beggining will be replaced with RickRoll'd.
Considering we're talking about STJr, I would say "wikiroll'd" instead XD (yes, lame pun I just thought in right now :P)

checkitnow.png

Hmm... if STJr ran Sega... the Sega forums would have all the oldbies in them complaining that it was better when it was just SRB2.

Warpshade said:
No, something more like this:
http://srb2town.sepwich.com/junk/dj3oequxasl.png

Warpshade said:
Hmm... if STJr ran Sega... the Sega forums would have all the oldbies in them complaining that it was better when it was just SRB2.
Even worse, it would have all the n00bs asking for all the stupid features, tons of characters (I still laugh at that person who wanted to make a Sonic game with 100 characters in it), etc.

You know what, SEGA should let StJr. make a sonic game for them, and if it makes more money than their new sonic games, than they should let StJr. take over SONIC TEAM. Cause that would be a multi-trillion dollor game!

Sik said:
super silvex said:
If this ever happened the sega bit at the beggining will be replaced with RickRoll'd.
Considering we're talking about STJr, I would say "wikiroll'd" instead XD (yes, lame pun I just thought in right now :P)

Hahaha, wiki links...
Nothing is worse than getting slapped in the face with a wiki article you've already read.

csmgiw said:
You know what, SEGA should let StJr. make a sonic game for them, and if it makes more money than their new sonic games, than they should let StJr. take over SONIC TEAM. Cause that would be a multi-trillion dollor game!

Even WITH the credit crunch? That must be worth something then... ^_^

If STjr takes over sega, of course the entire STjr staff and game makers will be sued and maybe in jail.

We should let SEGA stay at their best with making new characters and technique styling.

STjr is doing nothing but just programming the game and designing the levels.

This game is nothing but a classic 2D modification with a bad 3D type that is irrelevant to SEGA's 3D games.

If you want to take over SEGA, be like them.

Loops, Grinding, Tag Action, Run on walls, Triangle Jumping, Surfing.

I 100% doubt you can do all that to a sonic game so there should be no reason to taker over a legal company especially when you are doing nothing but truly slacking off for 10 years.

Gemmys Princess, SRB2 is based off of the classic Sonic games. It's not supposed to be like the Sonic Adventure series; it's supposed to be like the originals with simply running and jumping. If you want loops, grinding, and walking on walls, program it yourself. You can edit the game's source code to have it do what you want.

Mystic said:
I want free-roaming stages that I can get lost in, explore, and generally mess around with at top speed

I agree with that. It's funny when I think im going the right way, then I end up right where I started and I'm like "What in the world?!"

Sorry to sound emo, but greed for better games will be the end of us all...

If stjr took over sega I would be playing mario instead of sonic for many many reasons which I'll tell you at least 5 right now
1. I like the new version of sonic better than the classic ( unless of course it's s3&k )
2. Stjr will be sued
3. there aren't any loops
4. Horrible graphics
5. More noobs

For the love of God. If STJR. takes over, don't you expect Sega to be happy with it? And this game is about the classics, it isn't supposed to be exactly like them.

This game is made off the the Doom engine. Doom never had loops. They will have a different engine.

Stop ***** about something without thinking first. You may never know. They might improve.

Don't evade the curse filter

Mystic said:
Part of the problem, I'll Begin, is that SEGA has fragmented their fanbase so badly at this point that even if they do make something like SRB2 with modern technology, a large amount of their audience would hate it. Those who grew up with Sonic Adventure wouldn't get all the references to the classics, would hate the lack of the homing attack and other 3D niceties, and would complain about being lost in stages because of the lack of speed pads.

While this sounds funny, it's basically impossible for SEGA to make a game that we'll all love because we all want something different out of a Sonic game. Personally, I want free-roaming stages that I can get lost in, explore, and generally mess around with at top speed, while most of the newer fanbase would hate that because they wouldn't know where to go.

We frequently get "suggestions" at STJr. to add the homing attack, light speed dash, and all that crap into SRB2. Obviously, adding those things would make our game worse, but because many people playing the game grew up with Sonic having those things, they don't like having them suddenly removed because they think of them as basic parts of Sonic's gameplay. We simply ignore those people because we're aiming for a specific style and think turning off a section of our audience is fine to please the majority, but SEGA is really stuck because their main fanbase at this point IS those people we turn off with SRB2.

You're right. I actually really like some of the newer games because the stuff that's in them is the stuff I like. Apparently, not many others like it.

If STJR took over SEGA, I don't see what would be improved.

STJR simply spent years coding another, finished game. To make something like SEGA, you have to make it from scratch. I've never seen any Sonic game that was made in the Doom Builder format, with Thok Barriers and water FOFs.

The Dark Fox said:
For the love of God. If STJR. takes over, don't you expect Sega to be happy with it? And this game is about the classics, it isn't supposed to be exactly like them.

This game is made off the the Doom engine. Doom never had loops. They will have a different engine.

Stop ***** about something without thinking first. You may never know. They might improve.

This I agree with, things will be better, things will be worse.

Karuno said:
If STJR took over SEGA, I don't see what would be improved.

STJR simply spent years coding another, finished game. To make something like SEGA, you have to make it from scratch. I've never seen any Sonic game that was made in the Doom Builder format, with Thok Barriers and water FOFs.

I have a side project, tis called Wizard 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back