Video Recorder like FRAPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
I love FRAPS. I use it all the time. It has it's quirks but there really isn't any better video capture program out there.

Now then, my friend recently was introduced to said program. Bad ah, bad luck rears it's ugly head; their computer is totally incompatible with FRAPS for some reason. We've went to support but there doesn't seem to be anything we can do. So is there another good video capture program out there that at least takes second to FRAPS? I'd really like to get my friend on the ball here with vide capturing and I'll do anything to help. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

There are older versions of Fraps available that are tailored to old systems, I believe. Other than that, I would recommend CamStudio. It's free, with no watermarks, but it's a bit of an extra hassle to use. It wouldn't record audio for me the last time I tried it, so I had to use another program to do the audio logging for me. I then had to resync the video and audio by hand. Not real hard but a bit of an inconvenience. And of course there's the added fact that it's not as fast as Fraps, but you could have guessed that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back