Tails Can Fly Forever?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos Fox

Yes it's true. In a recent server, me and Zeshiro discovered a way to make Tails fly forever. You and a partner play as Tails. One grabs the other. When the Tails that is flying starts to lose power, the Tails being carried then jumps up and grabs the other without touching the ground.

We mastered about one minute without touching the ground, how long can you hold out?

There are a few neat tricks that can be done with flying characters. You know, if Tails starts carrying someone (It might have to be a flying character, I haven't tested this much) and then someone jumps onto the person being carried, the third person will grab onto the second person, and they'll be a Sonic heroes style tower.

Draykon said:
There are a few neat tricks that can be done with flying characters. You know, if Tails starts carrying someone (It might have to be a flying character, I haven't tested this much) and then someone jumps onto the person being carried, the third person will grab onto the second person, and they'll be a Sonic heroes style tower.

Yes, I've tested that out with the JTE bots myself. You can make large towers of characters holding one another if you time it right.

But don't do that. Think of the poor person who must carry all that weight. :P

Hey Kaos, we should try doing Aerial Garden Zone without touching the floor. We could set a record.

High Hat 314 said:
Zeshiro said:
Hey Kaos, we should try doing Aerial Garden Zone without touching the floor. We could set a record.

^^ 1337 ******* AVATAR ^^

/caps

Yes, High Hat, Zeshiro's avatar is cool but please quit drooling all over the message boards. (I was beginning to wonder where it was coming from.)

Anyways Zeshiro, my all night server should be up tonight so I hope to see you there. As always, it'll be in the Mystic Realm.

Kaos Fox said:
High Hat 314 said:
Zeshiro said:

^^ 1337 ******* AVATAR ^^

/caps

Yes, High Hat, Zeshiro's avatar is cool but please quit drooling all over the message boards. (I was beginning to wonder where it was coming from.)

In my defense, I wasn't drooling. I was foaming at the mouth. The origin of that drool remains a mystery.

Geeker: I like pie!

I wouldn't mind goofinf around with this trick. I'll try it someday when...I get sometime...

Kaos Fox said:
Yes it's true. In a recent server, me and Zeshiro discovered a way to make Tails fly forever. You and a partner play as Tails. One grabs the other. When the Tails that is flying starts to lose power, the Tails being carried then jumps up and grabs the other without touching the ground.

We mastered about one minute without touching the ground, how long can you hold out?

me and ree-c did this once in a netgame, to get up onto a platform :roll:

Well, me and Zeshiro tried it last night in the Aerial Garden, and let me tell you. You have to have alot of patience and accuracy in order to do it.

Not if you're smart and do it right.
Standing still and doing this until you're high enough to get where you want. -_-

Dark Warrior said:
Standing still and doing this until you're high enough to get where you want. -_-

you can actually move, but you have to stop moving the instant tails gets tired, its hard but some people manage to do it

Dark Warrior said:

That's a great theory there champ! Try using it to navigate through a level with jettysyns crawling up your ass. =D

Seriously, the idea was to get through the level as fast as possible without touching the floor. It takes accuracy to master doing this quickly.

Zeshiro said:
Seriously, the idea was to get through the level as fast as possible without touching the floor. It takes accuracy to master doing this quickly.

Here's a slightly off-topic challenge for you. In Sonic Adventure 1, play windy valley as Tails, and try to fly through the level without touching the ground except for on the starting point and the capsule. It's the only way I play that level now. :lol:

I do that all the time. What fun is going through the level normally when you can beat it in under a minute without ever touching the ground?
Glad I'm not the only one that knows about that quirk (I call it a quirk, because it isn't technically a bug).

I've seen it integrated into the challenge of a level once. Though whenever I did it I would always leave my partner behind once I got hight enough :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back