Cmd command not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosX

I don't know if this is the right place or admitted to post.

But I've been reading the wiki and tried this:

make MINGW=1 CC=gcc WINDOWSHELL=1

Yes, I know what this does, I'm trying to do a Mod, and I would really appreciate if you help me to correctly compile the source code.

I already installed Mingw, I extracted directx8.zip on place, etc. I eventually did everything the Wiki said, the only flaw I encountered with was the "make" command not working.

Thanks for reading and have a happy new year!

EDIT: So I just realized that both the needed programs and the source code are more obsolete than windows 95 itself :( seems like the Devs will need to remove everything already posted from the obsolete-nation and post everything up to date! But I still accept help from anyone!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right place or admitted to post.

But I've been reading the wiki and tried this:

Yes, I know what this does, I'm trying to do a Mod, and I would really appreciate if you help me to correctly compile the source code.

I already installed Mingw, I extracted directx8.zip on place, etc. I eventually did everything the Wiki said, the only flaw I encountered with was the "make" command not working.

Thanks for reading and have a happy new year!

EDIT: So I just realized that both the needed programs and the source code are more obsolete than windows 95 itself :( seems like the Devs will need to remove everything already posted from the obsolete-nation and post everything up to date! But I still accept help from anyone!

you mean https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_code_compiling ?
did you modify PATH so CMD can find the make.exe file?
(Note: not a Window user)

Try mingw32-make in place of just make. That's what I have in the batch scripts I run to compile. (My building environment is also a huge load of shit though so)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back