• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Neo Canyon Zone (Act 1 finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The edit button would be my friend had I not let this topic fall to the depths of this sub-forum.

Wow. I love how what you've done with the open-area concept. It just feels so good in terms of gameplay, and it's somehow not visiually bland either. Too bad there's a few software glitches, though.

Also, a quirk about the map(s) was that sometimes forwards wasn't exactly obvious. If anything, it made finding forwards feel like I was actually finding something new and out of the way. Specifically, that room near the beginning that had the deathpits in Act 2.

Zone 1:Wow, this level is really good. It was nice and open, and had some good ideas in it. I would have liked a little more scenery though, but of course that doesn't interfere with the gameplay itself. Overall, I give it an 8/10.

I'll have to try out zone 2 later...

Couple questions, do you want the cave to have more linearality?

Fences, how can I make them without using impassable linedefs?

Set display mode FAILED function call not supported. I get that a lot, what is the reason for it?

The Review(****)

-Why it got 4/5 stars-

1. Nice length, quite a bit of fun involved with the level.
2. Minor visual gliches, underwater waterfalls, "mirage" walls.
3: Some wide open spaces, that seem slightly empty.

-What you can do to improve-

Well it's a nice level, try to fix the gliches, if you can, and try to add something to those empty spaces, otherwise a nicely built level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back