Create a new HUD item and set its properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello there for another editing help topic,
Lately, I've been learning deeper to some tutorials of the SRB2 Wiki based on the MAINCFG parts (MAINCFG CATEGORY, EMBLEMS, CUTSCENES, LEVEL HEADER, OBJECT CONFIGURATION...), but I need some help with the HUD, which is defined by the wiki as "a set of screen elements that are displayed on the top and bottom of the screen while the player is in a level". It's actually the elements on the screen like TIME, SCORE, LIVES, the weapon menu at the bottom...
So, I was wondering about something. There are 35 HUB items according to the Wiki. I ask help because I want to know if it's possible to create a new HUB item, and like the title says, "set its properties" : the project I had in a mind was actually to add a 8th weapon, a 8th square which will be added near to the right of the rail ring. And I'll then center these weapons by moving them with the X and Y axis, thanks to a SOC. Because the right of the screen should be heavier than the left when the weapon will be added to the right.
My question is about, is it possible to create a 36th HUB item ? If so, how I'm supposed to program it and how to add its properties ? (By properties, I mean that when the player will collect the Thing -my 8th weapon pannel- , the 8th square must add some ammo. It must consider that collecting that weapon will increase the ammo of the new weapon (by increasing/writing the number of ammo in the 8th square ~ the new HUB item), and makes the player able to shoot the new attack. Are there any flags for HUB items as for Things ? (like, a "add_weapon" flag.... I don't know...))
It's probably not the easiest question around... thank you in advance for any help~

Last edited:
Ah, too bad... but is it however possible to change the sprite, the position and especially the flags ("properties", I defined them in my first post) of a HUD item which already exist ?

It should be when 2.1 rolls around and Lua becomes a thing though.

Ha, this is a good thing for my work, then.

And I have a final question somehow related to the HUD -
When a player is hurted in a multiplayer game...
"[insert_name_here] has been killed by [someone]'s Rail Ring."
Focusing on the bold text, which is the weapon's name. Is there a way to change the name of the weapon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back