Mariopack1096

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I just explained. The version number cannot or shouldn't go lower than 1094. Renaming MarioPack1096 to MarioPackV.4 seems like a bad choice to me. It would gain me way too much questions.

Honestly, BlazingPhoenix is correct, SMS. Naming your files like that is only going to add more confusion to some people than simply resetting and switching to a normal version number scheme.

FYI, 1.09.4 has a reason to be called that for SRB2, I seriously doubt it does for you. There is a reason Mystic Realm is version 4.4 instead, despite requiring 1.09.4 to run.

Mystic said:
FYI, 1.09.4 has a reason to be called that for SRB2, I seriously doubt it does for you. There is a reason Mystic Realm is version 4.4 instead, despite requiring 1.09.4 to run.

Whats all this complaining about version numbers anyway? Next version is gonna be MarioPackfinal, so there won't be much problems with the next version release number, unless you don't like the like the name "final".

I still don't get whats so horrid about calling a wad <wad>1096/5/whatever. I think it sounds better for no reason. Probably so I can directly ask "Have you got MarioPack1096" instead of asking "Have you got MarioPack version number 0.6?"

Dude, normal version naming is so much easier and like Mystic said, it adds more confusion. Seriously, you need to use normal version numbering since EVERYONE does so.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Dude, normal version naming is so much easier and like Mystic said, it adds more confusion. Seriously, you need to use normal version numbering since EVERYONE does so.

Well, another proof I'm alot differen't from the rest here, right?

wow Xtreme Starfox have so much wads tanxyou for the sprites i download a lot and they are good
hi i'm a newbbie and i dont speak a very good english so escuse me

Uh, you should've merged those posts into 1, or even better, remove the posts, since Xtreme starfox doesn't have much to do with MarioPack1096.

Super mystic sonic said:
BlazingPhoenix said:

Well, another proof I'm alot differen't from the rest here, right?

wow Xtreme Starfox have so much wads tanxyou for the sprites i download a lot and they are good
hi i'm a newbbie and i dont speak a very good english so escuse me

Uh, you should've merged those posts into 1, or even better, remove the posts, since Xtreme starfox doesn't have much to do with MarioPack1096.

All I done was to put them in my collections, so yeah I did not help to make them or anything.

Re: Xtreme Starfox

Sonimaniatic said:

That is not alot of wads. I have over 1800 wads.

Well, I would come up with something to say about this one, but I think this sums it up a LOT better than I ever could:

uniqueposter.jpg

There are times when doing your own thing is a good idea, but there are also times when the reason everyone else is doing the same thing is because it's the correct thing to do. Version numbers are one of them. Don't be unique for the sake of being unique.

Mystic said:
There are times when doing your own thing is a good idea, but there are also times when the reason everyone else is doing the same thing is because it's the correct thing to do. Version numbers are one of them. Don't be unique for the sake of being unique.

Still, whats such a major problem about version numbers? MarioPack1096, MarioPack V.0.6, who cares? I accept critism and I'll try to use it for a better wad release next time, but considering next MarioPack version will be the last, it'll be called MarioPack-final. There's nothing to complain about that, unless you wish me to call it MarioPack V.1. Anyways, directly renaming the topic title from MarioPack1096 to MarioPack 0.6 might make some people think I've changed something.

Hm....I'm still suprised I didn't get any complaints about Wario's back running sprites, due to the fact I've put a side running sprite in one of the back running sprite slots by accident.

Well, there were quite a few of those in the Sonic 2Z forum, but the public doesn't have access to it anymore.....

Sorry to distract you guys, but I have a few suggestions....
1. I believe Bowser's h-thok should be a little faster. Right now it's like slow-motion homing thokking.
2. Waluigi's acceleration's kinda annoying, but other than that, he's my favorite character.
3. Make Peach's special ability the slowfall one, because it makes sense for her. She has a parasol. Besides, I think Boo (If he's in there) would be a much better fit for the infinihover. And it's a little cheap.

Also, I think numbering doesn't change a lot. You could call it Mariopack9000+ for all I care. That's just me, though....

You get it? It's over NIIIIIINE THOUUUUUSAAAAAAND!

Also, Mystic's picture is a winar.

Super mystic sonic said:
Still, whats such a major problem about version numbers? MarioPack1096, MarioPack V.0.6, who cares? I accept critism and I'll try to use it for a better wad release next time, but considering next MarioPack version will be the last, it'll be called MarioPack-final. There's nothing to complain about that, unless you wish me to call it MarioPack V.1. Anyways, directly renaming the topic title from MarioPack1096 to MarioPack 0.6 might make some people think I've changed something.

Hm....I'm still suprised I didn't get any complaints about Wario's back running sprites, due to the fact I've put a side running sprite in one of the back running sprite slots by accident.

Because, SMS, it is CONFUSING.

And 1.09.6 doesn't exist, which makes it a retarded version number anyway. Be more simple.

That, and there's no reason to call it Mario Pack Final, either. Just call it Mario pack. The final is already implied. Because I have a guess that you may continue this after the final.

I see no reason for complaint, for all I see, he's given it a name, so that its name, so live with it, and if you don't like the name you can just live with it anyway

name

If he wants to give it a name, let him give it the name he wants. Really, it's his wad pack, and he can do what he wants with it.

ng sonic

Someone have to post the Next Gen sonic.wad i'm watching for it but i never find it,hey Xtreme Starfox,you have a good colections of wads i see it. And discovered the SHsonic and the SADXsonic.wad with your collection.
¿can you add NG sonic if you find it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back