FuegoDeCera

TheCycloneUpdate.png
One of Japan's most iconic heroes, Kamen Rider Ichigo, has joined the race. Wearing his original outfit and riding his emblematic motorcycle, the Cyclone, there's no terrain he won't break through. With 9 points of Speed and 7 of Weight, he's ready to Rider Kick away any obstacle that stands between him and the finish line. Go! Go! Let's Go!

UPDATE (August the 13th, 2020):
Now you can play as Kamen Rider Ichigo with a MD3 model!
UPDATE (September the 1st, 2022): Kamen Rider Ichigo v1.1 released.
UPDATE (April the 24th, 2023): Kamen Rider Ichigo v2.0 released (AKA: The Cyclone Update).

v1.1:
- Prefcolor typo fixed to prevent color palette errors.
- RANK, WANT and "Skins" sprites edited for more fidelity to color palettes.
- Audio files edited and switched to high-quality .mp3 files for more clarity and presence.

v2.0:
- New 3d-rendered sprites featuring Kamen Rider in the Cyclone motorcycle.
- This character file is now based on Togen's Simple AnimaL Lua script, including extra animations.
- Prefcolor changed to 'navy'.

Programs Used:
Paint.NET (Sprite and Texture Editing)
Audacity (Voice Ripping)
KartMaker
SLADE
Blender (Model Design and Rendering)
Misfit Model 3D (Model Animating and Exporting as MD3)

Credits go to:
LJSTAR & skull44 (Sprite Ripping [v1])
Jeck Jims (3D Empty Kart)
RandomTBush, LarsMasters and Yuuyatails (Cyclone Motorcycle 3D Model [v2])
flarn2006 (Blender rendering template [v2])
Togen (Simple AnimaL Lua Script [v2])
Kíbito Áyame, Superjustinbros, Tiniest Turtles & Tyonic (Major Help & Words of Advice)
nskl, Scootie & SeasideDoe (Additional Encouragement)

Kamen Rider is property of Shotaro Ishinomori and Toei Company. LTD

Attachments

• RiderStart.gif
    RiderStart.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 700
  • RiderDrift.gif
    RiderDrift.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 775
  • RiderJump.gif
    RiderJump.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 640
  • RiderFinish.gif
    RiderFinish.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 628
  • KC_KRIchigo-v1.0.pk3
    440.4 KB · Views: 872
  • KRIchigoMD3.zip
    115.9 KB · Views: 490
  • KC_KRIchigo-v1.1.pk3
    808.3 KB · Views: 200
  • KCL_KRIchigo-v2.0.pk3
    462.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Go! Go! Let's go, dazzling marching!

Love me some Kamen Rider, and this looks great too. As much as I'd love to see Ichigo riding the bike, a kart works just fine too.

I was taking a look at Ichigo's skindef information, and apparently the prefcolor has a typo: Instead of "robohood" as you've put into the SOC, it should be "robo-hood". At the moment, this causes unintended behavior-switching to prefcolor in character select renders it as Lilac, and in other scripts that use prefcolors for rendering, it displays as Green. I would love to see a hotfix for this character, as I think they're very nice.

I was taking a look at Ichigo's skindef information, and apparently the prefcolor has a typo: Instead of "robohood" as you've put into the SOC, it should be "robo-hood". At the moment, this causes unintended behavior-switching to prefcolor in character select renders it as Lilac, and in other scripts that use prefcolors for rendering, it displays as Green. I would love to see a hotfix for this character, as I think they're very nice.
Hi, SeasideDoe! I profoundly thank you for explaining my mistake regarding prefcolor and how it affects color-scheme rendering.

While I have been currently working on a v2 of both sprites and model version of the character, I understand that this overlooked issue does not make this character a consistent experience and these cannot wait for a v2. A hotfix shouldn't be that difficult at all, so as of now, it's currently on the way.

Again, thank you for spreading awareness. I hope to get this sorted out as swift as possible.

Much love!

I assume there is no 3D model yet for his Cyclone published yet. Hope it comes at some point to update my 3D model pack.

I assume there is no 3D model yet for his Cyclone published yet. Hope it comes at some point to update my 3D model pack.
Hey there, Benji! Thanks for bringing hope for the new MD3!

The key reason behind the delay for this 3D Model is, given that my edit of v2's Simple AnimaL script is using additional frames (specfically the RUN frames which make the scarf react to higher speeds), the movement of the character is messed up when using the MD3 model in comparison to the standalone PK3.

I have other projects out of SRB2Kart to attend, so I won't be able to sort it out soon. But I will search and test any workarounds I can, so the new MD3 model can be just as satisfying to play with as the PK3. And I can't thank you enough for showing enthusiasm for the day in which it arrives!

Much love!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back