SRB2 save the game at the wrong time in my mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening. I am asking for help, I'm really sorry. I took my mod and I have lots of questions ...

What I mean is not easy. It is "the act : game saves". Let me explain.
Suppose I do a mini set of 3 zones (1 zone = 3 acts). For example:
- Green Hill Zone
- Marble Zone
- Spring Yard Zone

For example. Now, you know that SRB2 saves the game at each beginning of new zone.
The player starts the first zone GHZ, the game is saved at the beginning of act 1.
He landed in Marble Zone : The game is saved and the player will resume his part in act 1 of marble. But now when it goes to SYZ (act 1), the game does not save. Is that in Act 2 that the game saves the game. That means if the player dies, he will resume his part since the act 2. And I want that he again from the beginning of the zone. How can I tell what to SRB2 when the game must save ?

You don't, for SRB2's saving system is pretty much untouchable. If I recall correctly, even beating a mod may start your save at Eggrock. I don't know if that's still a problem.

That's why I like the older version's save system- you choose when to save, so if, lets say, you finally reached Egg Rock Zone Act 2 after a long time, and you need to go to somewhere, you could save. But no, in the new version, it only saves at each act 1 of a zone... =\

That's why I like the older version's save system- you choose when to save, so if, lets say, you finally reached Egg Rock Zone Act 2 after a long time, and you need to go to somewhere, you could save. But no, in the new version, it only saves at each act 1 of a zone... =\

That save system was also dumb, as it allowed for easy save scumming. I'm sure Mystic spoke about this somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back