How could ANYONE miss an old version?!?

Well...

I do miss 1.09.4 and 1.08.

TOP 3 FAV SRB2 VERSIONS
--------------------------

1: 2.0
2: 1.09.4
3: 1.08

I miss 1.09.4... Why? Probably because the WADs for that version could be edited to be so much cooler than the current version. Crawlie.wad, anyone? :3 That was like my favourite WAD. I enjoyed the awesomeness of SRB2Riders and SRB2CB, too. :D (I would say JTE too, but Cineblast is 2.0's JTE.)

Shame SRB2Riders hasn't been ported to 2.0 yet. :< I think they stopped porting it - I haven't heard any news.

Probably because the WADs for that version could be edited to be so much cooler than the current version. Crawlie.wad, anyone? :3
I don't really get what you mean. Maybe it's because I didn't play Crawlie.wad, but what did it do that isn't possible now?

I also never quite understood what's so awesome about character WADs.

That is odd, it runs great on my PC! Wow, did Srb2 start out as that? It's come a long way.

By the way, I will convert the old Greenflower from v0.93 to v2.0, and I will send it to whoever wants it.
I for one, would like it. It'd be fun to compare.

I don't really get what you mean. Maybe it's because I didn't play Crawlie.wad, but what did it do that isn't possible now?

I also never quite understood what's so awesome about character WADs.

I mean you had so much BETTER options for character editing back in the day. You could even go so far as to make a ringslinger item and stuff. Although Crawlie didn't actually offer much NEW, he wasn't exactly OVERPOWERED, even if he had ringslinger. He was just a plain fun character to play as. Like Senku.

I think the reason they changed that, though, was SMS. He pretty much abused almost EVERY OPTION AVAILIBLE to become uber overpowered. >.<

1.08 because of the awesome super form back then and the nice untouched features. 1.09.2 was a bit more limited than 1.08, but in 1.09.4 got a hell load more features, and was 1.09.4 definitly the most active version EVER. I liked all the little tricks, glitches, and replayability we got from them. Especially not to mention thanks to all the many wads, mods, and ports we had back then. Awesome. I prefered the entire Match and CTF systems and stages loads more too.

I'm gonna have to say 1.09.4's still my favorite, second favorite being 2.0 tied with 1.08. SRB2 2.0 just didn't grow as far as 1.09.4 yet, and misses many nostalgic features and wads of that version.

1.09.4 by FAR.
My favorite thing on it was when the levels changed according to the season.
I really miss that.

Probably 1.09.4. I liked the old match system a lot, personally. 1.09.4 was the best and last version with this system, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back