Getting Online is now Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had this error, it was because Dreamweaver was using the port necessary for SRB2 to connect online. Perhaps you have a port conflict.

Try joining a netgame with -clientport ### a few times and see if you get any luck.

Via the site. Doxyfile has ABSOLUTELY no file extension, which REALLY confuses me.

I take it you've never used any operating system outside of Windows. Unix and Unix-like systems will quite often have extensionless names for things like configuration files and binaries. Of course, since Windows expects files to have extensions, misconceptions arise regarding them. Some people think the extension is a literal attribute that defines the type of file, when it reality, it's nothing more than a name. A PNG may have .jpg at the end but it's still a PNG. You may come across text files that don't have any extension, but that doesn't mean they aren't text files.

Have you been doing anything with the source code? Some IDEs may automatically generate a Doxyfile.

Then remove all SRB2 related files, including configs, EXEs, Doxyfile, saves, everything SRB2 related. Or you can just delete your SRB2 folder. (After you ship your WADs outta there, of course) Then reboot and reinstall SRB2 and altogether try again.

Whoever is telling anyone to delete ANY file related to SRB2 doesn't know anything, and is spreading misinformation. If restarting your computer doesn't fix it, do what Blue Warrior suggested and try loading SRB2 with a custom -clientport.

Use the SRB2 Net launcher to join a netgame by IP, whilst in the command line, add -clientport 5030. Or -clientport 9001. Or anything that isn't 5029.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back