• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Porting A Character From SRB2 to GZDoom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2019, I ended up discovering GZDoom and playing wads using different companion mods. These are mods that allow you to have followers while playing Doom wads. After searching for more mods like this, I was disappointed to find out that there were no mods like this based on Mario!

However, I remembered the Paper Bros. character mod that the user OtherChen released in 2015, and thought about how it could function well as a companion mod. However, due to having no coding experience or any friends who are well versed in that regard, the project has laid dormant for quite some time. In light of recent event, though, I hope to be able to revive it.

So now, I have come to ask an important question: Would it be possible to "port" a playable character (with or without changes to their moveset) by changing how their coding works in order to make it compatible with GZDoom's engine?

It's technically "possible" as long as you're prepared to completely remake it from scratch. SRB2 and GZDoom are very different games, after all, even if they share a common ancestor in Doom. I'd also expect not a ton of people on this forum have experience with editing GZDoom compared to SRB2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back