2d Levels

2d Levels are:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
What is your opinion of them? I'm making a few, and I figure that I should find out public opinion. Thanks in advance.

I do like 2D levels because sometimes they can be classic remakes for srb2. They are also good for 2D wads. If we had more. People would be more accepting towards 2D wads.

Honestly, I love 2D mode nearly as much as 3D mode. You just need good levels for the mode... (not like Doomsday Zone...)

Mystic said:
I despise SRB2's 2D mode, because of how awful the 2D camera is.

Not to be rude Mystic but if you hate 2D mode so bad, why did you and the other creators make 2D levels in the first place?

This should answer your question.
Mystic said:
I despise SRB2's 2D mode, because of how awful the 2D camera is.

Also, I agree. The fact that you can't even change it via console is stupid as hell.

It's not the levels, it's just SRB2's 2D mode that sucks. The camera for it is bad, and has bad physics, and is overall buggy.

Actually, it's for something else entirely. We just used it for Mario because it actually feels right for Mario mode.

Honestly, I still vastly prefer MKBZ1 over 2 and 3.

I don't mind SRB2's 2D camera at all but I loathe the controls. It doesn't feel nearly as responsive as I'd like for some reason; perhaps it's because the game's movement engine is fine-tuned to work in 3D...?

Mystic said:
Actually, it's for something else entirely. We just used it for Mario because it actually feels right for Mario mode.

Do we get more information than this?

Anyways, I agree with Omega. It's not the camera. It's the physics. If they were changed to work with 2D, it wouldn't be such a bad system. A lot of the problems I have with it are isolated to acceleration. If that could be adjusted for 2D mode, alone that would improve it vastly.

That's true; the controls are the biggest problem of 2D mode. Still, the camera needs to be zoomed out a bit. It feels like I'm playing through Sonic the Hedgehog for the GBA with that small of a view.

Another problem with 2D levels is the lack of slopes. SRSLY.

Although with some stairs and wind sectors you could simulate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back