Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Spectra

Loser
Don't let them tempt you
attachment.php

It's not as it seems.
attachment.php

Exercise is key
attachment.php

Too much... and...
attachment.php

The SRB2 Discord server helped alot with any scripting i didn't know, so some credit goes to them.
Also thank you for those who joined "Spectra's XL Server" during testing

Attachments

• srb20021.gif
    srb20021.gif
    700.4 KB · Views: 15,543
  • srb20019.gif
    srb20019.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 14,640
  • srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 10,661
  • srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 16,245
  • VL_SRB2XL-v1.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,399
Last edited:
While the mod works and all that, what bugs me is the complete lack of... the XL part. I mean, I'm obviously not gonna expect you to draw progressively grosser fat sprites of all the characters (please nobody do that), there's now no visual indicator at all of when you die of diabetes. SRB2 has means of increasing your scale, perhaps gradually increasing it would work well enough?

I mean, I'm obviously not gonna expect you to draw progressively grosser fat sprites of all the characters (please nobody do that)

Considering how many frames each skin has already, I would die of laughter if someone put in the effort to do this for even one character.

Maybe a heart rate beep that gets faster as they get less healthy?

EDIT: Actually, exercise would logically make their heart beat faster too...

I feel that the ring sprites could be edited to look a little more like onion rings like the original rom hack as well to at least push the similarity a little further, if possible.

Instead of making entirely new sprites, maybe you could just slowly stretch the sprites out to the sides, and have him get slower over time? Yeah he gets taller but its kinda hard to notice tbh. this is a neat concept.

Last edited:
Honestly thankful this doesn't have the sprites, I'd have to take a vacation from youtube till the click bait to leave

SRB2 but ya get fat when consuming those diabolical rings.

After Sonic took down Eggman's Ring Satellite, the mad genius was left with bundles of rings and scrap metal.

Looking around at the rings gave him an idea: "If I were to replace these with Onion Rings, anyone who consumes them will produce diabeties: including Sonic!"

And so, off Eggman went to do exactly that: replace all rings with Onion Rings: zone by zone, until there were no more. This caught the attention of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles: and so the adventure begins...

Tbh,i think this is a well done mod!,i had some fun whit friends on it,and its way to perfect that there isnt any fat sprites,good job man!

Is there any indicator that you've reached your ring limit?

At least it's not a sprite change

Cool! 2.2.9 will introduce sprite stretching, so maybe sonic could get thicker when gaining weight, that would be cool

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back