SRB2 version 2.2 release date set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so hyped! I've been away from vanilla SRB2 for a very long time now, but it's awesome to hear this game is about to release! Great stuff as always STJr!

There's a lot to unpack here for me. I joined the community after 2.1 launched, although I had played the game as early as 2.0.7. At the time of 2.1's launch, I remember thinking "Man, imagine waiting THIS long for an update." Now look at me, eagerly awaiting seven more days of a five year wait.

Furthermore, it's kind of interesting to see this repeat itself, but now with a proper knowledge of the community. We like to joke and meme, but it's pretty clear to me that it's driven by a genuine euphoria for all the perks and treats of this next update.

(It's also interesting as someone who was developing multiple maps for 2.1, all of which will now have to be ported to 2.2 before they can be released... bleh.)

Nonetheless... three cheers for Sonic Team Jr.! The conductors and engineers of a train driving forward for 20 years, with no end in sight!

Hey, my last post here was from 1 year ago, speculating about a December 2018 release. Pretty crazy that this 20 year old fangame is still pushing major updates.

Can't wait guys, seriously. Thank you SRB2 devs, both old and new. You guys have a truly admirable amount of perseverance and dedication.

Sorry for "trying to rush" you guys years ago. I stopped with it when 2.2 decided to become more than just an update. It's now considered art.

Here's my reaction, by the way:
RFR7Wqq.png

Last edited:
The wait is finally over. I can't even tell what new feature I'm most excited for! Can't wait to hit the ol' IRC and have a grand old time like back when 2.1 launched (...people still go there, right?)

Nope, the old IRC channel is mostly abandoned now, everyone is on Discord these days. =)

Nope, the old IRC channel is mostly abandoned now, everyone is on Discord these days. =)

So I've found out. Kids these days and their newfangled discords.

I'm excited to see this is coming so soon! I can't wait to see how the game has evolved.

Goodness knows I'm excited about this, looking forward to seeing what you've all done and accomplished with SRB2 in the past five years! It's a bit sentimental but finding out that 2.2 is coming out and seeing the promising progress in the preview screenshots and the 20th-anniversary trailer might have hit me pretty hard emotionally.

This announcement has been enough to bring me from the dead and start looking at the discord server again that's for sure.

(Also I guess this means I will need to re-record my old ERZ2 perfect run video for 2.2, huh. Although I'm told that CEZ2 perfect will be more impressive this time around.)

Sadly a few of the stages are impossible to perfect in 2.2.0, but it's on my to-do list for post-release patches to fix that.

We waited for too long :)
I soo excited to see this coming in the next 4 days from now.
It took almost 1 and 9 months from the trailer huh it was like yesterday

Hm. I suppose the question I actually want to ask is is there an archive of all 2.2 screenshots that have been shared on Discord somewhere, or will the release come with a new batch of screenshots?

The Twitter user was using good-looking screenshots of 2.2 that I hadn't seen before, and I had been planning to use them for a forum thread elsewhere to promote the new SRB2 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back