Force Spin (Sector effect) not Forcing spin on no spin characters

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
I don't know why this is, but the force Spin sector effect isn't doing its job and forceing no-spin characters like Amy and Fang into their spin states.

Supposedly this is intended behavior, but then we have the force spin flag on speed pads that actually do force Amy and Fang into their spin states. It makes the behavior inconsistent.

In the attached gifs, Amy fails to go into her spin state as the sector effect should be forcing her into, but when she hits the speed pad that has the force spin flag turned on, she does go into the spin state.

I forgot to mention earlier. The ramp in this picture has force spin sector effect applied to parts of it around halfway through.

Attachments

• srb20103.gif
    srb20103.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 148
  • srb20105.gif
    srb20105.gif
    3 MB · Views: 147
  • srb20106.gif
    srb20106.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Oversight. Both should be consistent to the other; the built-in speedpad was designed more recently and with actual knowledge of what spinless characters in the SRB2 campaign behave like, but you could make an argument for the opposite direction.

Do sector/control linedef speedpads with the force-spin behaviour go one way or the other? Because whatever they do, it should be checked to be consistent with whatever route is chosen here, too.

Sector based speed pads have the same force spin issue as the force spin effect.

thing based speed pads do not.
GMNwAHu.gif

And actually, I rather force spin actually force spin on everyone.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back