=Metroid Vanguard= Samus.pk3 (Huge update!)

I love every change in this overhaul so far. Found a few things that could be oversights.

- ERZ1 left path is ENTIRELY impossible without spring ball or morph ball, and cannot be traversed in reverse to escape if you touch the checkpoint after the lasers. She cannot swap gravity in the following section properly because she is too tall.
- Using Plasma Beam on the piranha enemies in DSZ forces them to float out of the water sometimes.
- Because Samus's beam fires in front of her, firing straight down is impossible as it will be misalligned. This also means she can shoot through thin walls uncontested.
- Inficlimbing walls with the spider ball is possible due to unmorphing and remorphing allowing her to use it again. The delay is the only issue, but using a wall jump bomb gives her the height she needs. This is barely an issue because its so complicated and IBJ'ing exists anyway.
- Metal Sonic's health seems to underflow if you hit 20 spazer projectiles, 2 bombs, 2 plasma shots, one charged plasma shot and a hyper beam shot. He no longer could be killed.
- Shooting the CEZ3 Boss in a certain way with the hyper beam dislocates them. I have a picture.
- Burning a beam weapon out prevents you from firing missiles until you change weapons.
- Exiting the gunship when in reverse gravity (changed while in the gunship) causes weird animation glitches.
- Entering morph ball in reverse gravity causes Samus to pop off the ground a bit.
- Screw Attack is unaffected in distance by scaling.
- Samus moves unexpectedly fast in 2D, accelerating faster than normal.
- Although Samus's explosives can break touch FOF's like in the beginning of the right path in DSZ2, only the blast can. The projectiles will phase through unaffected.
- Walking into walls weirdly can sometimes kill Samus. She seems to get crushed.
- Hi-Jump and Gravity Suit combined create interesting interactions when leaving water early in the jump.
- Morph Ball can squeeze into the gap that you're supposed to shrink into in ERZ2

- You can wall jump off the ground.
- Getting hit in the air and using space jump to escape knockback gives you back your screw attack, meaning you get much further.

I have a few suggestions tho

- Allow us to force-enable the... special ending...
- Give us a password system to give us the exact upgrades we had before?
- Allow us to disable custom button usage in order to use other mods that might take those? There's no point where you have to use them anymore, and I'm thankful for that.
- Allow us to turn on the triumphant music whenever we want without hunting down the song manually.
- Let us hold spin to not bounce in morph ball, maybe at the cost of speed?
- If we get max energy tanks, give us a reserve tank with the next tank that stores future energy tanks as one-time-use energy packs?
- Make a noise when enemies reflect projectiles. Getting hit with a projectile I couldn't see because I was in 3rd person and its hard to tell whether the projectile is aimed at you or the other direction in an emergency is kinda annoying.
- Replace the special beam weapon of the power beam with a recursive explosive missile to differentiate it from the other 2 missile-related attacks?
- Diagonal-down shinesparking? Hold jump to shinespark up, jump and forward for diagonal-up, forward for forward, spin for down, spin and forward for diagonal down? I know you usually can't shinespark down in the games, but it'd be convenient a lot of the time in SRB2.
- Give us some way to unprime a super missile without firing a normal missile?

I've enjoyed the new update a LOT, and it honestly has rejuvenated my hype for 2.2 to romp around even more new maps with Samus. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hey, uh.... I found a mod-breaking bug regarding the gunship in ringslinger game modes (this was in tag)... I don't have a GIF to recreate it, but I know the story on how it happened.

Apparently, I was in the gunship as sonic (while IT and the only one alive) and someone else came out of spectator, thus ending the level while i was still inside the ship. When the next level started, the gunship HUD was still active, however I either couldn't move around or I could but couldn't interact with objects or other gunships to try and correct this bug. When I switched to samus (and the HUD was not hidden) this console error happened to spam.

srb20156.png

Perhaps the gunship wasn't tested that well outside of Co-op, or if the variables properly (re)set themselves when changing the map whilst inside a gunship. Either way, could you look at this?

- ERZ1 left path is ENTIRELY impossible without spring ball or morph ball, and cannot be traversed in reverse to escape if you touch the checkpoint after the lasers. She cannot swap gravity in the following section properly because she is too tall.

NRFlEXB.gif

You just have to jump and curl up into morph ball. It's a little tricky, but it's the cost of playing 0%. If you're saying "it's impossible without using morph ball", yes, you're correct, but there are reasons the morph ball is a default item - this is one of them. SRB2 scaling issues are a nightmare. Even still, you can just use bombs/etc to avoid using the spring ball or using the weird morph/unmorph trick. If you somehow got all the way to ERZ1 without even getting Morph Bombs, then what the heck are you doing if you aren't deliberately going for 0%?

hOPHS5R.gif

Also I'm not sure what you mean by traversing in reverse? It's clearly possible here so I'm pretty sure I've misinterpreted what you meant. Which lasers do you mean?

- Morph Ball can squeeze into the gap that you're supposed to shrink into in ERZ2
This one is just because the Morph Ball is deceptively small. It also is necessary for it to be able to do so anyway for a 0% run, if I recall, so it was left intentionally I'm sure.

- Allow us to disable custom button usage in order to use other mods that might take those? There's no point where you have to use them anymore, and I'm thankful for that.
"togglesamuscustombuttons" in console allows you to do so.

Otherwise, I can't help with the other points at all. That'll be down to Shine.

Last edited:
I love every change in this overhaul so far. Found a few things that could be oversights.

[...long list...]

I've enjoyed the new update a LOT, and it honestly has rejuvenated my hype for 2.2 to romp around even more new maps with Samus. Keep up the good work!

Hi, I've written down some notes to remember these! Some of those are intentional, like the Screw Attack after recovery(last Samus version didn't have it), CEZ3 boss(lazy fix for a bug), or broken beams not firing missiles.(balance for early match gameplay) Some of these were bugging me for a while, and things like a save feature are a huge priority for 2.2. Though I doubt I'll build a new release for 2.1 unless something gamebreaking comes up.

To unprime a Super Missile, you can morph, switch beams, use special moves, or fire a normal shot and immediately let go off the missile trigger.(timing's stricter on faster beams)

The full power music can be accessed with "tunes SAMUSP"(other two are SAMUSG and SAMUSH)

Custom buttons can be turned off with "togglesamuscustombuttons"

As for the secret 0% ending, the game only cares if you start fighting the final boss with 0% and end it with 0%. Anything inbetween is fair game, as well as cheats like the "god" console command.

Hey, uh.... I found a mod-breaking bug regarding the gunship in ringslinger game modes (this was in tag)... I don't have a GIF to recreate it, but I know the story on how it happened.

Apparently, I was in the gunship as sonic (while IT and the only one alive) and someone else came out of spectator, thus ending the level while i was still inside the ship. When the next level started, the gunship HUD was still active, however I either couldn't move around or I could but couldn't interact with objects or other gunships to try and correct this bug. When I switched to samus (and the HUD was not hidden) this console error happened to spam.

Attachment 21831

Perhaps the gunship wasn't tested that well outside of Co-op, or if the variables properly (re)set themselves when changing the map whilst inside a gunship. Either way, could you look at this?

Technically, Tag, Hide & Seek, and Competition aren't supported. Samus doesn't usually spawn the gunship in tag to prevent these bugs, but players can manually override that with a console command.

I'll still look into this. But I'll also spawn a message when players boot up an unsupported gamemode.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back