SRB2 Demo 1 (SAGE 2000 Prototype)

SAGE 2000 Is not a version, They were wads showcasing SRB2.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

That's literally Demo 1 but GFZ1 was replaced with a sloppy recreation of the SAGE 2000 version. They didn't even clean up the Zone Builder backup files either.

If you're going to create a hoax, at least try to make it believable

Buy the way, demo 1 GFZ is an edit of sage 2000 GFZ

SAGE 2000 Is not a version, They were wads showcasing SRB2.

This is inherently misleading.

It was a development version. Wanna know the format of ALL DEVELOPMENT VRSIONS TO THIS VERY DAY?

Add-ons with maps and resources being loaded into the source code modification.

And technically, even normal SRB2 builds have this format, they're just loaded in upon bootup.

It is a version, specifically one of a source code similar to 0.96 but with different stuff loaded in.

This is inherently misleading.

It was a development version. Wanna know the format of ALL DEVELOPMENT VRSIONS TO THIS VERY DAY?

Add-ons with maps and resources being loaded into the source code modification.

And technically, even normal SRB2 builds have this format, they're just loaded in upon bootup.

It is a version, specifically one of a source code similar to 0.96 but with different stuff loaded in.

In addition, SSNTails said to me the 20YA discord server that if one goes into the source code of 0.96 and figures out which parts of code point to Xmas-related assets (indicated as //xmas comments), one could theoretically recreate the main EXE file.

Fun fact: The Demo 4.1 source code, according SSN (after some investigation) is not actually 4.1, it's an inbetween of 4.1 and 4.32 (perhaps "Demo 4.2"?)

If you want to do it, go right ahead. I'm going to be porting a good chunk for use in SRB2 the Past myself.

If you want to do it, go right ahead. I'm going to be porting a good chunk for use in SRB2 the Past myself.
Speaking of 2.2 The Past, how much progress have you had on that since you started?

wait... i just looked through the devpacks. there isnt any gfz1 thing

Speaking of 2.2 The Past, how much progress have you had on that since you started?
I'm at a point where it's starting to get harder to do status updates that list everything. The Campaigns are done and ready to go for the most part, Nights stages are getting the finishing touch right now, green flower zone is ready to go, the museum is still getting renovated, and the colosseum is still receiving new rooms

Wow, this thread is still up?
Anyways I'd be doubtful if they ever uncover sage 2000, since SSNTails probably has it lost, the only other person who could have it at this point is Sonikku, but I doubt if he hasn't checked at all.
At this point I'd say we have higher chances of finding Christmas 0.90

But you never know, I mean we did find a Sonic 1 Proto after many years, so I'm not putting it as impossible at all.

Wow, this thread is still up?
Anyways I'd be doubtful if they ever uncover sage 2000, since SSNTails probably has it lost, the only other person who could have it at this point is Sonikku, but I doubt if he hasn't checked at all.
At this point I'd say we have higher chances of finding Christmas 0.90

But you never know, I mean we did find a Sonic 1 Proto after many years, so I'm not putting it as impossible at all.
I'd be even less hopeful for Christmas 0.90: SAGE 2000 GFZ was simply lost, SSNTails and Sonniku intentionally tried to bury Christmas 0.90.

Still curious as to how that one seller on EBay got the proto cart in the first place...

I'd be even less hopeful for Christmas 0.90: SAGE 2000 GFZ was simply lost, SSNTails and Sonniku intentionally tried to bury Christmas 0.90.

Still curious as to how that one seller on EBay got the proto cart in the first place...
Proto cart? What might you be referring to?

On the topic of Christmas 0.90, the best we have are comments in the source code to get a basic idea of what it was like. You can also throw in the changelog from the wiki (as SSNTails initially added the changelog) for some extra ideas but that's probably the closest we'll get to it.

I had contacted Rlan2 about early SRB2 versions, and he did not have anything in regards to 0.90, but did have the original compile of 0.96 from 2000 (and it turns out that 0.96 was not the first SRB2 version for Windows, the honour actually goes to Halloween 1.32, released a month later). A later Windows version was made in December 2001 and doesn't appear to work right on Windows 10.

EDIT: Spaced out a little bit as I forgot to separate it into two paragraphs for better reading.

Proto cart? What might you be referring to?

On the topic of Christmas 0.90, the best we have are comments in the source code to get a basic idea of what it was like. You can also throw in the changelog from the wiki (as SSNTails initially added the changelog) for some extra ideas but that's probably the closest we'll get to it.

I had contacted Rlan2 about early SRB2 versions, and he did not have anything in regards to 0.90, but did have the original compile of 0.96 from 2000 (and it turns out that 0.96 was not the first SRB2 version for Windows, the honour actually goes to Halloween 1.32, released a month later). A later Windows version was made in December 2001 and doesn't appear to work right on Windows 10.

EDIT: Spaced out a little bit as I forgot to separate it into two paragraphs for better reading.
They mentioned the S1 proto, mate. I was reffering to that. Curious how it got to the original seller.

hello there!
im deco, and im here to reveal that somehow sage 2000 proto has techno hill zone
TotalGamer.jpg

SRB2 has magazine showcases and
aaaka.png

dude

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back