Jeck Jims

Oh, THAT guy...
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
V1.45 Shadow the Hedgehog​
attachment.php
I feel like I have less and less to say with each update. Here's Shadow. Huge shout-outs to Inazuma obviously, I wouldn't have been able to reach the quality in animations and poses without his sprites. This shadow supports all the bells and whistles supported in Inazuma's mod. Enjoy!
attachment.php

Also on a smaller note - Mighty has gotten a slight touchup in his texturing for his face. :)

NEW FOLDER STRUCTURE
Now that models are included with SRB2 as of 2.2.7 I've made the decision to separate out all models that are for MODs. So any model that is not for a Vanilla asset is going to be found within their respective folders inside the VDLC folder. So the path to Mighty's model would be "SBR2 V2.2.7/Models/VDLC/PLAY/MIGHTY.md3".
attachment.php
I apologize if this messes with anyone who likes to move things around- but with the sheer amount of files I'm dealing with - I need to keep them separated for my own sanity. Please understand I do this so I can have an easier time myself making new content for you.
DOWNLOADS​
I have included TWO downloads this time.
FULL Will give you all of the models included with SRB2 v1.1.7+all of the MODs-specific models found here (VDLC.)
PATCH Includes just the extra models found only here and can be installed just by adding VDLC to you Models folder and replacing your models.dat. (this download also includes a .txt file with just the .dat entries needed to merge this in vanilla's set.)
I don't recommend installing any of this overtop previous versions of my model packs other then the set included with v2.2.7. Since I've moved mod models' locations- you would have extra unused files in the old slots taking up useless space.

For those interested- here's what has been updated since v1.2.
-Team Rings for CTF
-Blue Sphere for NiGHTS
-Brak Eggman has been updated to use the same model used for the sprites' prerendering- With a texture overhaul by myself.

3D Models for SRB2... are Official?!
As those on the Discord may already know, as of the upcoming 2.2.7 version of SRB2 models will be included with the game by default. All of the updates and such that come with official release(s) are included here- and probably will continue to be for now just for ease of access. Whenever I update here- it should be a simple process to merge with the official models. Just download and extract the v1.2 model .zip from here into your root SRB2 folder. (Where SRB2win.exe is located.) If it asks you if you'd like to overwrite existing files, you should answer yes.

Still Saturn-Inspired, but no longer Saturn-limited.
Some may be quick to point out how most of the cast has been overhauled since 2.1, and you'd be correct. While I still take heavy inspiration from official Sega Saturn titles, I discovered how just a little bit more detail, polish, and creative liberties could get these to fit with SRB2. Following SRB2's designs and colors really make these feel like models made for this game, rather then another game's assets tossed into it. For those looking for 100% accurate Saturn nostalgia, look forward to Chripsy's Pointy Sonic, which I will also be supporting with it's own model down the road.
What's included?​
As usual initial released are minimalist, with very few extra characters being supported, but hopefully there's enough to keep you all entertained while I update other characters and assets to 2.2.
-All the vanilla included characters are completed
-All vanilla badiks (excluding turrets)
-All bosses, including Metal Sonic and Fang
-Most intractable objects
-Eggpack
-EggRobo
-Silver
-Blaze
-Neo Sonic
-Modern Sonic
-Yoshi
-Werehog
-Mighty
-Ray
-RocketMetal
-Modern Monitors
-Enemy Variations
Recommended Settings​
Please don't ignore this, this is important and I will ignore you and your issues you have for not using these recommended settings.
attachment.php
I only support the interpolation settings of "SOMETIMES" or "NEVER" expect visual errors if using "ALWAYS." I also optimize these models for the Model Lighting "OFF" option, as I dislike the ambient 'lighting' SRB2 applies.
How to I use these?
-Make sure your game is in OpenGL Mode, now in 2.2.1 you can swap renders in Video Settings.
-Go into video settings>"OPENGL OPTIONS", and Change Models to "ON."
CHANGELOG
V1.4 ChrispyChars and RChars.Pointy Sonic, Fluffy Tails, Metal Knuckles, and Tails Doll. Merry Christmas!
V1.3 Rouge and folder structure change.Remade Rouge for the most part- all new animations from the 2.1 version.
V1.2 Mighty, Ray, RocketMetal, and Misc. polish and updated support for mods.We got Mighty and Ray here, was really holding out for newer high quality mods for these characters but for now I'll release these, and just update them if need be in the future.
RocketMetal is also here- not much this say- mostly a "why not" addition considering it's lower effort.
On top of these guys- this update comes with updates to all of the Vanilla cast, some bigger then others, as well of some updates to scenery objects and enemies.
Some smaller details here
-corrected compatibility with Neo Sonic, Modern Sonic and Werehog.
-Blaze now has a proper "Burning Blaze" super form.
-Polished animations for Sonic
-Tails has a completely redone walking animation.
-Knuckles has a completely redone walking animation, and new swimming frames.
-Amy got new shoes, and some color/texture polish.
-Metal Sonic has almost an entirely new meshes for his body, arms, legs, and hands. His was also completely reanimated from scratch. Color corrections as well.
-Fang has got a huge color correction overhaul, and minor animation polish.
-Normal Rings are now modeled.
-Misc other stuff.
V1.1 Werehog and Yoshi Two new Character models added, CTF Monitors Fix, Amy Hug support, various tweaks.
V1.0.2
Small Patch correcting an oversight with Eggrobo for the battlemode mod.
V1.0.1 Modern Sonic Support has been added to the pack, simply download the patch and replace your files with the new ones.
What's next?​
I plan to finish porting/updating characters as they are released in the Message Boards. I promise I have more characters just waiting on the sidelines waiting to be released, out of respect I continue to wait on their Mod Creators to finish and release up before I can. Shadow is a notable example.
For Mods, Sugoi 1-3 are given, and any other notable mods that come out.
BUGS
These are not my fault, and it's no use complaining in this thread about them.
-NiGHTs mode rotations on custom characters; NiGHTs requires a separate lump in characters wads for models to rotate correctly. Character creators, see the vanilla cast's files and check for "SPRTINFO." Add one to your character if you want it's model to not look like an Arwing.
-Fang; due to naming conflicts, if you switch renderers to OGL after launching in software, the playable Fang will use his sprites rather than the model. Your game must launch in OGL to use Fang's Model

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 275,491
  • srb20199.png
    srb20199.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 8,792
  • srb20242.png
    srb20242.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 7,360
  • srb20699.png
    srb20699.png
    37 KB · Views: 7,751
  • srb20775.png
    srb20775.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 7,417
  • srb20787.png
    srb20787.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 6,610
  • srb20808.png
    srb20808.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 7,649
  • srb20830.png
    srb20830.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 9,469
  • srb20844.png
    srb20844.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 8,350
  • srb20259.png
    srb20259.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 9,507
  • srb20465.png
    srb20465.png
    9 KB · Views: 6,138
  • srb20113.jpg
    srb20113.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 11,018
  • srb20866.png
    srb20866.png
    55 KB · Views: 17,000
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 20,297
  • werehog.gif
    werehog.gif
    130.6 KB · Views: 68,288
  • Yoshi.gif
    Yoshi.gif
    112.3 KB · Views: 65,859
  • srb20124.png
    srb20124.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 6,381
  • srb20096.png
    srb20096.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 7,103
  • Amy Update.png
    Amy Update.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 4,449
  • Fang update.png
    Fang update.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 4,256
  • Metal-Update.png
    Metal-Update.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 4,815
  • Tails-Walk.gif
    Tails-Walk.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 6,037
  • Knux-Walk.gif
    Knux-Walk.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 10,120
  • Amy-Walk.gif
    Amy-Walk.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 5,489
  • Swimming K.gif
    Swimming K.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 4,064
  • RINGS!.gif
    RINGS!.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 4,071
  • SpikeBalls.png
    SpikeBalls.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,726
  • Emeralds Update.png
    Emeralds Update.png
    50 KB · Views: 4,257
  • Turrents!.png
    Turrents!.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 4,465
  • Mighty.gif
    Mighty.gif
    209.3 KB · Views: 59,309
  • Ray.gif
    Ray.gif
    221.6 KB · Views: 60,914
  • RocketM.gif
    RocketM.gif
    296.8 KB · Views: 66,171
  • MightyRay.png
    MightyRay.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 7,282
  • Metal and Rocket.png
    Metal and Rocket.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 7,838
  • ModernSonic V5.png
    ModernSonic V5.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 8,720
  • Neo Sonicv2.0.gif
    Neo Sonicv2.0.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 10,057
  • Burning Blaze.png
    Burning Blaze.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 7,383
  • rouge.gif
    rouge.gif
    204.9 KB · Views: 61,299
  • ROUGEFLY.png
    ROUGEFLY.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 5,329
  • Folder Structure.png
    Folder Structure.png
    34 KB · Views: 638,190
  • Blue.png
    Blue.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 4,307
  • Sphere.png
    Sphere.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 4,039
  • BRak.png
    BRak.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 7,523
  • PS.gif
    PS.gif
    240 KB · Views: 33,534
  • FT.gif
    FT.gif
    215.7 KB · Views: 23,291
  • MK.gif
    MK.gif
    284.2 KB · Views: 19,504
  • TD.gif
    TD.gif
    245.1 KB · Views: 19,952
  • SHADOW.gif
    SHADOW.gif
    249.8 KB · Views: 472,815
  • Goshad.gif
    Goshad.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 7,427
  • DreamTeam.png
    DreamTeam.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 6,347
  • Jeck Jims' 2.2 Models v1.45(FULL).7z
    6.2 MB · Views: 93,536
  • Jeck Jims' 2.2 Models v1.45(PATCH).7z
    3.6 MB · Views: 39,307
  • srb20036.gif
    srb20036.gif
    8 MB · Views: 446,094
Last edited:
I'm having trouble with the mod. I'm trying to activate it in game but it just shows more folders inside the folder, and the only thing I can do is look inside those folders, which are empty. Am I just doing something wrong?

I'm having trouble with the mod. I'm trying to activate it in game but it just shows more folders inside the folder, and the only thing I can do is look inside those folders, which are empty. Am I just doing something wrong?

To activate the mod you must go into options->Video Options-> OpenGL options and set the models to on.

You can also just go into the console and do gr_models on

So I was testing this out as Metal Sonic (I did have mods loaded so it might be due to confliction, might need to investigate more on my end of things) and this happened: (Not sure how to add attachments so here's a direct link to the image)
https://imgur.com/a/6aLsMBk

When I beat a special stage as sonic and move on to the next level... sonic turns yellow?

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 4,231
  • srb20003.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 3,152
To activate the mod you must go into options->Video Options-> OpenGL options and set the models to on.

You can also just go into the console and do gr_models on

I looked for the OpenGL options, but they aren't there. I'm not sure what to do involving the console either because I have next to no idea how to do basically anything involving the console. If it helps lessen confusion, I'm on Mac.

Update: Figured out the problem. I was still using version 2.2.0. Guess I'll have to wait for the Mac version of 2.2.1.

Last edited:
will you add in the future more 3d for characters like modern sonic, CD SONIC, ray, robo knucks, dirk, hinote ?

inhale
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IT'S FINALLY HERE!
It's great to see these again!

Edit: It's strange to see that you made Super Sonic hold onto things with two hands inside of holding it with one like a badass, but sure.

Last edited:
All the vanilla characters + Silver/Eggman/Egg Robo/Blaze/Neo Sonic are working for me, but Fang is still a sprite.

I absolutely LOVE these! If I may have your permission, I could update my port of the original Black Eggman model to have an alternate version that uses the textures from this one. Also, I think that the legacy characters should use the Saturn models you made for 2.1. No particular reason, other than it being a nice reference to the history of this model pack.

I noticed you used the gun sprite I made for Egg Robo as the texture for his gun in the model. That's a nice touch! No need to credit me though, I've already been credited in the original pk3.

Last edited:
Back