• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SUGOI 2] Sonic Uncovers Banning And Realizes Anime Spoilers Hurt Intricate Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaps Of Faith Zone

Heres my entry for SUGOI2, a very minimalistic map but a map nonetheless.

Leaps Of Faith Zone: A secluded Orange Canyon with deadly bottomless drops. Watch your step ;)

srb20410.png

srb20412.png

srb20413.png

Code:
Download: [URL="https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ftamli0y26t3tx9/S_Leaps_Of_Faith.wad?dl=0"]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ftamli0y26t3tx9/S_Leaps_Of_Faith.wad?dl=0[/URL]
Title: Leap Of Faith Zone
Credits: Custom Textures by me
Music: Sonic megamix - Metalic Base Act 1 (slower)
Maintainer Notes: Normal coop level, Lots of platforming

EDIT: Updated link, Fixed an explot where sonic can get to a knuckles/tails path and made the last part much more reasonable to pass

EDit2; Updated link again

edit3:... and again

Last edited:
take a look at this attachment. You see how you have the skybox appear righ at the edge of the door way? You can't have that. You need to set up an actual wall texture there.

MK, what's your map's number?

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 366
There you go ^_^
unknown.png

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

ill get rid of that SKY107 don't panic

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

its gone now

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tplsn02pu3tayx/IceCap3D.wad?dl=0

Honestly Chicmunk the map isn't very explorative, you're using slopes just for the sake of fast speeds via rolling, the final segment is cheap for most characters that don't have a good enough jump ability, and spindash jumping across platforms that aren't big enough for spindash jumpers to catch themselves. The level overall is just badly designed. If you're going to use slopes in your level design, please try to make it so the gameplay is actually challenging, not just a speed demonstration.

In the future, for the sake of others testing your level, can you either use map 1, set your chosen map as the starting one, or include your map number in your post with the download so we don't have to hunt it down?

Ok first thing first, your level header is incomplete as when I tried to warp to your map, the game though it wasn't a singleplayer level.
next, I thought that arrow on the ground was a speed booster.

You also got some really small platforms, they could be a little bigger, or at least a little closer and the same size for that 2.0 special stage 8 feel without the low ceiling.

When I pressed the buttons to lower the walls, I expected an explosion sound. I also expected the whole wall to move, not just the top.

Last edited:
Night Temple Zone

Night Temple Zone: At night, inside the ruins, there's an old temple.

1262tkh.png

54t6y9.png

23sxiea.png

Code:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/400svfxnj39b6kc/s_nighttemple.wad?dl=0
Title: Night Temple Zone
Credits: Only Mine.
Music: "Bureautique" by art and ytpmvp0
Maintainer Notes: A dark temple inside the ruins.

Chicmunk, as much as you're eager to show people your entry, you should probably use this form for submitting, rather than just posting the Dropbox link, just to make TehRealSalt's life easier.

Submit using this form, so it's easy to distinguish from other posts and has all the information I need.
Download: The link to your map. Put down that it's attached if you are using the Message Board's attachment system.
Title: This is where the name of your level goes. Helps me keep entries organized.
Credits: Put the source of all your custom resources here. Where your textures are from, the link to your music, or even whoever helped you out with something. (Give links where applicable!)
Maintainer Notes: Put misc. information I should know here. This includes if your map is an emerald stage, if you used a texture pack that you didn't put in your wad, or requests for special treatment.

Ok first thing first, your level header is incomplete as when I tried to warp to your map, the game though it wasn't a singleplayer level.
next, I thought that arrow on the ground was a speed booster.

You also got some really small platforms, they could be a little bigger, or at least a little closer and the same size for that 2.0 special stage 8 feel without the low ceiling.

I'll get rid of that arrow, make some of the platforms bigger and ask for help for the header

When I pressed the buttons to lower the walls, I expected an explosion sound.

Um ok, why?

MK, just for the record, you can make the map playable SP if you add the following to the TypeOfLevel line
Code:
Solo, SP, Singleplayer, or Single

Um ok, why?
Because they opened stone walls. The S3&K Door Open sound would have worked too.

---------- Post added 12-06-2016 at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-05-2016 at 11:52 PM ----------

Leaps of Faith, R2
Playing as knuckles this time, I discovered you're not consistent with what surfaces are climbable. A wall that's climbable in one area is not in another area despite using the same texture. The rest of the level seems to have some consistency by making climbable surfaces use a new texture.

The spring from the "lava pit of life" (the lava pool with 4 extra lives) springs you right into a wall over a pit.

Knuckles' path near by has a bustable wall that exits over a pit with no warning.

Why are Wood textures being used for the bustable walls anyway?

Your bustable Door has some visual glitches. The sides appear invisible when the parts are destroyed

I discovered you're not consistent with what surfaces are climbable.

srb20105.gif

....Yeah, should be fixed

Anyways, Map number has been changed to actually make the map Single-player compatible, including all the changes that Glaber and Steel mentioned, Should be fine now:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ftamli0y26t3tx9/S_Leaps_Of_Faith.wad?dl=0

Your bustable Door has some visual glitches. The sides appear invisible when the parts are destroyed

Uh, i cant fix that , unless i remove it, software mode isn't flawless :T

Last edited:
So many Christmas/snow-themed levels this time, not that I'm surprised, since 'tis the season, after all. It looks great, Sammy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back