Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaddy the guy

Professional ass-merchant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTZXf9Mhow

It wasn't this.

Well, as long as it doesn't have the bullcrap Sonic Unleashed medal system of the first game, and it's a little longer maybe, it'll be okay.

Moderator Notice:
This post was merged from a different thread. The original title was "I don't know what I expected, but..."

Last edited by a moderator:
sonic_boom_fire_and_ice.png

Just when you thought that Sonic Boom games were gone, here this comes. Shattered Crystal was a little decent, though. What are your thoughts?

There's no gameplay footage, so I don't really have any thoughts besides, "Oh, okay I guess".

The Crash Bandicoot series took a rather unexpected direction, it seems.

The villain is literally named "D. Fekt"; that's one letter away from a standard Crash villain.

Gameplay trailer:

They said it's geared more towards speed rather than labyrinth exploration like we saw in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

My thoughts of this is... WHY?! what I mean is SEGA somewhat lied what I mean is a youtube comment I found:

Sonickick120reborn: Thanks SEGA. Thanks for not listening to your fans once again.

Sega: We hope you'll find that many comments from the previous year are addressed this time around! The team has taken a lot of fan feedback to heart, and we'll talk more about that soon!

Heck SRB2 is a fan game. A fan game which is better then SEGA.
Don't get me wrong SRB2 is good.

Last edited:
And so the Sonic fandom takes an even deeper plunder into the abyss because SEGA were taking drugs.

...I don't like this one bit, incase you couldn't tell. First game flopped. Second one will not be better. Let it die SEGA and work on actual good stuff.

And so the Sonic fandom takes an even deeper plunder into the abyss because SEGA were taking drugs.

...I don't like this one bit, incase you couldn't tell. First game flopped. Second one will not be better. Let it die SEGA and work on actual good stuff.
You think this is bad? You should see JonTrons interpretation of how Sega makes their games. My standards for this game are being kept low. If its released, and its good, I'll try it.

I'm reminded of Super Mario World custom ice block hacks (ice block -> coin), or palette-swapped iceball hacks (coin -> ice block).

Probably not a good sign.

SEGA can't seem to stop making horrible decisions, I swear there must be some twenty-something year old man as Chairman or something. No one expected a second game, and yet, they want to try again. I'm beginning to lose hope of the people that own the name: Sonic the Hedgehog.

SEGA can't seem to stop making horrible decisions, I swear there must be some twenty-something year old man as Chairman or something. No one expected a second game, and yet, they want to try again. I'm beginning to lose hope of the people that own the name: Sonic the Hedgehog.

How 2 save sanic: HD remake of S1, 2, and 3, full of secrets and things.
And advertise it, too.

Lemme put it simply:

This will sell.

Not necessarily because it's a good game; but there will be people who (blindly) like Sonic or want to support SEGA. And they assume money in itself solves problems via magic.

Inclusively, hundreds of people will buy it to "see how bad it is."

Lemme put it simply:

This will sell.

Not necessarily because it's a good game; but there will be people who (blindly) like Sonic or want to support SEGA. And they assume money in itself solves problems via magic.

Inclusively, hundreds of people will buy it to "see how bad it is."

Good points you're making there.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Gameplay trailer:

<Video>

They said it's geared more towards speed rather than labyrinth exploration like we saw in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

One thing funny about this is how he can get speed trails and move slower than Sonic Advance 2 sonic does normally. Muuuch slower.

Last edited:
I will point out that Sonic games CAN in fact be bad enough to bomb, and that love for Sonic generally isn't the only driving factor of potential sales here, but love for Sonic Boom in particular. No, not the Sonic Boom GAMES, but the cartoon, which is generally well-regarded.

That's really the only reason why this game is a thing that's about to exist. Forget quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back