• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Boom Sprites W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good sprite work, though in the official art, the characters appear to be somewhat taller than previous designs. My recommendation, lengthen the torsos and legs of both Sonic and Tails a little bit, shrink their heads a little. The proportions are different from the old sprites.

Might give you some extra room for the bandaging and utility belt.

the Sonic boom sprite, is actually Three pixels taller than the original Sonic sprite, and his shoes were less pointed, so technically more like six. i think, but to show more detail, i ended up thickening his arms and legs quite a bit, so they proportion unto themselves, making him appear just as small. Tails is only a couple pixels taller, and Knuckles obviously was heightened.

Last edited:
Sonic looks a bit to hype or insane. And it's also creepy... But I commend you on the characters, though. They all look so awesome to play with!
Yet, Or soon...

Last edited:
How about you just return sonic sprite's Eyes into their original state istead of making sonic look like he just ate 30,000 tons of candy.

Last edited:
How about you just return sonic's sprites into their original state istead of making sonic look like he just ate 30,000 tons of candy.

So you want him to revert the Sonic sprites back to the original sprites already used in the game? Or is it just your bad choice of words? What the hell are you thinking?

So you want him to revert the Sonic sprite's EYES back to the original sprites already used in the game? Or is it just your bad choice of words? What the hell are you thinking?

I don't believe you read that right

Last edited:
Sonics eyes appear crossed, in the original SRB2 sprites, I'm not going to revert them back to the original sprites, I'll just have to try to make them appear far less creepy.
And i get that they're crazy, i just can't be fixing them at every complaint. First it's they're too tall, then to large, I'm working on them still. Just please wait until i upload the updates.

Does 'This' look better??
nhzFrv8.png

????

Not a Main Sprite, But heres for Maximus Universal.
PAOIrFV.png

Pretty Cross Eyed...

Last edited:
Does 'This' look better??
nhzFrv8.png

????

Im not using this sprite, But heres for Maximus Universal.
PAOIrFV.png

Pretty Cross Eyed...

Make a blend of both eyed, making the eyes similarly positioned to default eyes, but move them out 1 pixel?

But I honestly prefer the second one, because he still looks high in the first one.

EDIT

How's this?

Boom-Sonic.png

Last edited:
That is better, The only two problems is
1. Sonic looks like he has too many quills/spikes.
2. From this size(possibly). The sports-tape seems to be darker. In the original Sonic Boom trailers, His sports-tape is brighter

It's not my sprite, I just made the eyes look less like sonic was high.

Please don't Edit my sprites. I posted them here so People could give opinion's, and helpful Comments. If you don't like the eyes, then please don't comment about them. i Personally think the eyes are too crossed in the original SRB2 and in hitKid61's edit of my sprite. Like i said, I'm still working on them. Thank's to All who gave helpful Advice.

When the retina is touching the eye lid, it will imply a more relaxed look. When it is detached from the eye lid, it implies wide-eyedness. Your Sonic looks off because it looks wide-eyed; you can fix this by adjusting the eyebrow or the pupil so that both are closer together.

Please don't Edit my sprites. I posted them here so People could give opinion's, and helpful Comments. If you don't like the eyes, then please don't comment about them. i Personally think the eyes are too crossed in the original SRB2 and in hitKid61's edit of my sprite. Like i said, I'm still working on them. Thank's to All who gave helpful Advice.

I edited the sprite to help you! You don't need to be rude, I wasn't trying to horrible (Until now). I really don't care for these sprites anyway, so I'd think yourself lucky I actually considered helping you. People like what I did, so why don't you?
You wouldn't even have to have permission to use my sprites, but obviously you want sonic to look high.
Also, if you wasn't so rude to me, maybe I would be politer to you.

I edited the sprite to help you! You don't need to be rude, I wasn't trying to horrible (Until now). I really don't care for these sprites anyway, so I'd think yourself lucky I actually considered helping you. People like what I did, so why don't you?
You wouldn't even have to have permission to use my sprites, but obviously you want sonic to look high.
Also, if you wasn't so rude to me, maybe I would be politer to you.

I don't mind your Edit, I just would like people to ask Permission first, So i don't start getting a Bunch of Edits. I'm not trying to be Rude, It just seems that Everyone like's cross eyed sprites. And that's fine, i just am making these sprites not cross eyed. Please, I'm not Attacking you.

The distance of the pupils between each other doesn't need to be closer. Just the pupils in relation to the top of the "eye". (You can also just stretch the pupil to gain similar result)

I don't mind your Edit, I just would like people to ask Permission first, So i don't start getting a Bunch of Edits. I'm not trying to be Rude, It just seems that Everyone like's cross eyed sprites. And that's fine, i just am making these sprites not cross eyed. Please, I'm not Attacking you.

Ok, sorry. I guess I misunderstood you. I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back