• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

aQZHIUX.png

So unfinished, I haven't even put the sprite's pieces together yet!

srb20066.gif

Decimation doesn't make textures darker. What you most likely did was forget to set the rgb to 0.20 for all three colors. Thats what gives it the saturation.

Ok, leave the color part out, but the one Virt posted still is much smoother, though I guess that is to be expected from higher poly models.

Old:
Le8n92q.png

New:
oW8bjuC.png

That first screenshot is actually what I thought Deep Sea Zone would look like, back in the 1.09.4 days.

I don't know if I'm going to release it, but I (Maybe some other people too) am doing a Hat project. D00D64's Top Hat Cosmetic Slot Item inspired me to make TF2 Hats. Right now I finished the most famous hat! THE GHASTLY GIBUS.
srb20059.png

What hat should I do next?

The progress on the least anticipated WAD in human history:
BLAKE THE...
Blake the...
Blake... the...
Okay, so I don't know what he is, exactly, but I gave him the most self explanatory and least over rated back story!
IJ0jose.png
Because, who didn't wanna see his head?
ApeMXeh.png
One of his standing rotations.
9HPk9IM.png
You will be happy to know that dying is an option.
MPE13wE.png
Because... when is it not appropriate to play a netgame?

Backstory: Blake is a boy from a farm town that ended
up getting lost and wandering into SRB2. So, yeah.

He is supposed to be Grey. But I will get to that later.

Last edited:
[images]
[/spoiler]

So much LIME, christ, you can take an eye out with that!
And the hell is with the skybox? It's like some optical illusion or some shit.

Also, aren't the death pit signs unnecessary because, unlike Lost World where you're stuck to the tube unless specified otherwise, you're always surrounded by death pit? All the time?

Hmmm... not sure what to say. The springs, or whatever those new-fangled stat circle things are (Yes, The springs.) Should just be some sort of plain circle. They don't look right, staring you down like that.
Or I mean, Give them rotations. Being stared at be making me un-comfortable.
Or, You could just take that part away and add something that adds gameplay to the level.
Like maybe:
A MEGA-MAN ROOM!!!
No, dont do that. But something else fun. Or keep it. Up to you.
And like D00D said, all that lime green makes me wanna take out my Eyes. Seriously.
And, last but not least, take away those block bushes. They just look... wrong.

Last edited:

There are a few things that bother me aesthetically.

* The green hedge clippings are a lighter shade than the flats and have no pattern or texture to them. See if you can patch this up.
* The clouds are too bright. They need shades of metallic blue to make them look more natural.
* I can tell what your skybox is, and it's giving me vertigo. I don't know how they work, but see if you can stop it from hyper-expanding like it's doing right now.

Also, that's a loooong zoomtube segment.

The progress on the least anticipated WAD in human history:
BLAKE THE...
Blake the...
Blake... the...
Okay, so I don't know what he is, exactly, but I gave him the most self explanatory and least over rated back story!
IJ0jose.png
Because, who didn't wanna see his head?
ApeMXeh.png
One of his standing rotations.
9HPk9IM.png
You will be happy to know that dying is an option.
MPE13wE.png
Because... when is it not appropriate to play a netgame?

Backstory: Blake is a boy from a farm town that ended
up getting lost and wandering into SRB2. So, yeah.

He is supposed to be Grey. But I will get to that later.

I just saw the green head and the "Blake the" part and thought "Hey, I came up with that six years ago!!" ....Then I noticed it was not a hedgehog, or a robot. And then I felt stupid. Anyway, seems like it will be quite the change from characters meant to look like a Sonic character, or other characters from other games. I'm interested to see where this will go.

Also, Zero... is the Fed-Fightin' Fedora anywhere on your list of hats to create?

I just saw the green head and the "Blake the" part and thought "Hey, I came up with that six years ago!!" ....Then I noticed it was not a hedgehog, or a robot. And then I felt stupid. Anyway, seems like it will be quite the change from characters meant to look like a Sonic character, or other characters from other games. I'm interested to see where this will go.

Also, Zero... is the Fed-Fightin' Fedora anywhere on your list of hats to create?
Yay, so someone say and legitimately responded!!!
He is designed like a sonic character, To the slightest degree, and I actually drew him up for the first time in MS paint. But that was a nightmare. Then, later, I decided to redo his design. So, I cut everything outta the picture, except for the head, shaded that, recolored it to green (for purposes) and drew up the rest. That's how we got Blake the... Yeah, I still don't know.
And thanks.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back