Could this be a Ban or Bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to play a netgame with some friends but i can't seem to get in. When i tried to get in via the the Launcher, it goes to Contacting the server... and just stays there. I can't seem to contact the server even when i host a game. Could this be a ban or just something else?

Have you been to the server before? If not, you either made a mistake in the IP address or your connection is refusing to connect to it.

Yesterday, It was working fine. One of my friends gave me the host's IP (same as the one i used) and it just won't open, this wasn't the first time either. It also happened when I was trying to connect on the pre 1.08s.

Halkel da Thunderhog said:
Yesterday, It was working fine. One of my friends gave me the host's IP (same as the one i used) and it just won't open, this wasn't the first time either. It also happened when I was trying to connect on the pre 1.08s.

Maybe your connections just being a bit stubborn today if it worked yesterday.

Perhaps his IP address has changed? Many people have dynamic IP addresses, which will change whenever they reconnect to the internet. Also, do you have any security programs which block internet traffic? Finally, how long did you wait on the connection screen? It frequently takes a while.

However, I guarantee that's not a ban. Master server bans only apply when you're connecting via the master server, not via IP, and if it was a local ban, you'd see a "you're banned" error message when you connect.

Mystic said:
Perhaps his IP address has changed? Many people have dynamic IP addresses, which will change whenever they reconnect to the internet. Also, do you have any security programs which block internet traffic? Finally, how long did you wait on the connection screen? It frequently takes a while.

However, I guarantee that's not a ban. Master server bans only apply when you're connecting via the master server, not via IP, and if it was a local ban, you'd see a "you're banned" error message when you connect.

Often the ban command doesn't work. The people can still come in. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back