• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Halkel Character Wad in process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't, save adding them to a whole new EXE, which in turn defeats the purpose of an addon character. You're wasting your time trying.

Well he coulde do something like make a Tails clone and keep the sprites flying sprites but make the ablity Glide and it coulde be called chao's fly.

That is the closet(i think)you can do well in normal srb2 it is.

Halkel da Thunderhog said:
I know... i'm sure theres a way to make it possible, I usually experiment with things, to see it it is possible.

Finish the wad, later you can make custom abilities and higher limits.

Super mystic sonic said:
I know... i'm sure theres a way to make it possible, I usually experiment with things, to see it it is possible.

Finish the wad, later you can make custom abilities and higher limits.

Ok, I'll keep working on it. The limits are perfect as it is, it's the ability part that's the trouble, i need Glide without the climbing ability.

Bouncey said:
Dude I coulde edit your sprites to look like they are climbing.

Here is an exsample.

Ok then, guess that parts settled then. If you could make that for me, i'll try to improve it. I'm currently doing PLAYDn. It's quite hard but I'll handle it somehow.

Dark Warrior said:
Wow.
That's worse than what I did for Shuffle.
And that's saying alot.
o.o

I'm going to improve it, didn't you read my post?

I said:
Ok then, guess that parts settled then. If you could make that for me, i'll try to improve it. I'm currently doing PLAYDn. It's quite hard but I'll handle it somehow.

What sprite are you talking about anyway?

EDIT:
Bouncey said:
climb1dc.png

Improvment to the above one:
halkelclimb10yw.png

Just needs to be moved up a bit more though.

Okay, since the flamewar appears to have ended by the time I got to the topic, I'm not going to lock it, however, you ALL are walking on VERY thin ice.

Yes, sprite recolors are very boring, stupid, and people should stop making them. That DOESN'T mean that you need to flame him because he's doing the same thing as everyone else. This is ridiculous. Act your age. If you're really 3 and already acting your age, get off my forum.

Next person to continue this war of idiocy gets themselves banned. No exceptions. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Mystic said:
Yes, sprite recolors are very boring, stupid, and people should stop making them. That DOESN'T mean that you need to flame him because he's doing the same thing as everyone else. This is ridiculous. Act your age. If you're really 3 and already acting your age, get off my forum.

I'm 17, Halkel isn't a recolour. I'd agree to that a year ago because he looked too much like Sonic. Now, He has a few things that make him not a recolour... I admit, Halkel's top and bottom Qurills on his head are sonic's. Middle one and the tinting are shadow's, but the cyber armour (the gray armour like thing he wears) and his brown trousers are part of his trademark (my own design), The shoes on the wad ain't really like the original design to tell you the truth.

Mystic, you should just delete every flamewar post in the topic(SSNTails deletes posts in the Bug Report Topic, so just delete the flames to make the topic fresh).(just a suggestion, sorry if this might break the "don't ask for a admin only thing to be done," but 7 pages of flames is just ridiculous, plus deleting post is something that doesn't happen too often).

Anyway, I think that Sonic w/flying ability is somewhat interesting, but I am somewhat tried of all the Sonic edits(a side sprite has part of his clothes has Sonic's back spine. But I think its better then SMS.

All right, I'll state this sensibly.

Fine, so the shoes and spike numbers are different. Fine, in your head, he has a different attitude, and abilities. But it's not possible to implement these into SRB2. The best you will be able to make is a Sonic equivalent, and that's what's bothering me. We have no need for Sonic equivalents. There is already a Sonic character. I mean, It's not about having a character that thoks. There's no problem with that. Or a character that can Thok and has the same basic abilities as Sonic. It's the fact that:
A) We already have two hedgehog characters with the same exact abilities.
B) To add another non-official character to the list that looks VERY similar to one we already have is pointless.

Again: It's possible to make sprite edits, as long as they're significant changes. And more than a shirt, and longer spikes. I mean, Shadow and Amy were done excellently. A mighty character is in the works, and I can say that it is nice. Why can these be done? Because they're more than a small altercation. They are real edits, with a lot of work put into them. Not a simple spike extending and shirt. And they are official SEGA characters, which is always a good thing. I'm not saying you SHOULDN'T make a Sonic-similar character, but you should really make it from scratch. Or at least use the minimum from the current sprites. Not small edits.

I'm 17, Halkel isn't a recolour. I'd agree to that a year ago because he looked too much like Sonic. Now, He has a few things that make him not a recolour... I admit, Halkel's top and bottom Qurills on his head are sonic's. Middle one and the tinting are shadow's, but the cyber armour (the gray armour like thing he wears) and his brown trousers are part of his trademark (my own design), The shoes on the wad ain't really like the original design to tell you the truth.
Not to be mean, man, but as far as I'm concerned he is. It doesn't matter what you do to them, fancharacters that are just minor sprite modifications are dull. Let's put it this way: Would anyone in their right mind play as this character more than once, other than you?

The problem with fan character creation is that inherently, the only person who actually cares about playing as that character is the person who made it. I'm not trying to discourage you from making it, as you could learn a lot about making character wads by doing a simple edit, but a simple edit is still a simple edit, and we've seen so many of them recently that it's gotten annoying.

That's not to say that anyone flaming you in this topic is justified. They should not be flaming you for doing something boring, they should just leave and go somewhere else. Flaming is unacceptable, but do note that they do share a sentiment that is common amongst the community, myself included. They're just going about expressing it in a very bad way.

I understand Mystic... I usually redesign him yearly so maybe in 2007, i could acutally make him look less like a Sonic edit. I'm just not sure how though. I do remember someone had a sonic fancharacter who remade it to look more like an anime character. I don't remember where though.

FireLaserbeam said:
Anyway, I think that Sonic w/flying ability is somewhat interesting, but I am somewhat tried of all the Sonic edits(a side sprite has part of his clothes has Sonic's back spine. But I think its better then SMS or Flame.

Er... when you say better... you mean design-wise?

EDIT: Found it: http://www.sheezyart.com/view/286930/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back