HabitRPG - Gamify your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
This is a goofy little browser based RPG I've been playing lately, in which you use your real life daily habits and to do's as quests to earn experience and loose health for failing to complete daily tasks or for completing bad habits.

It's been pretty handy for me by giving me a little motivation to actually do productive things and it has party functionality so I figure I'd make a thread here to see if any SRB2 folk want to party up.

https://habitrpg.com/

To join the group, post your User ID (found in settings, under API) in the thread and I'll invite you when I get around to it.

Happy habiting~

Whoa this actually looks pretty useful.
Although, I'm not a fan of the obvious "lol 8-bit" art style, but it's not like that's a really big deal anyway.

Pfft, no need to be sorry. But yes, I've gone ahead and invited you.

Also I went ahead and made a group challenge for the party aimed at people who are lazy like me and need more motivation to complete their SRB2 level design/coding/art/whatever projects :V

03e928d2-db82-466b-9ddb-22b568f5c214
Hopefully this'll help me prioritize my things! :X

Okay, let's do this.

ea93c556-c7e5-4893-9413-e353a94c77ae

EDIT: Boy, oh boy... This is a lot of fun, but the schedule I've created for myself looks daunting... Is there any way to set the game to pay a nominal penalty for each time you change your habits, tasks, and rewards (like, maybe, 20 silver coins)? I might wanna change my rewards structure in the future, but I don't want to break the spirit of the game.

Last edited:
Is there any way to set the game to pay a nominal penalty for each time you change your habits, tasks, and rewards (like, maybe, 20 silver coins)?

You can do that manually. Create a "reward" that costs 20 silver coins with an appropriate name, and just click it whenever you make changes and you will lose 20 silver.

I've gone ahead and invited you to the party, Wombatwarlord. You should be able to find the invite under Social -> Party (same to you, karob)

I actually found the invite by clicking the notifications button in the top-right corner. That button doesn't seem to change to indicate whether or not there are new notifications.

This game is gonna be really helpful for my daily life. I'm gonna try it now seems very helpful for daily life routines.

Last edited:
That button doesn't seem to change to indicate whether or not there are new notifications.

Maybe they want you checking it to become a habit. ;P

I'm one of the losers who can't play this because I don't have a mobile device.

Maybe they want you checking it to become a habit. ;P

I don't have a mobile that can run it either, I just log on using my PC and update it when I'm at my desktop~

Here's my API Token. I'm actually really interested in playing. Now how will I be notified once I get invited?

79319023-a7dd-4570-a04b-2179ab60192e

Last edited:
I also don't have a mobile device. I just use my laptop. And, currently, I am in a situation where it is not inconvenient to go to the website every day. I keep it in a "pinned tab".

Here's my API Token. I'm actually really interested in playing. Now how will I be notified once I get invited?
On the top left, you can click the little message box icon to see if there are any new notifications. Also, on the top left, some notifications cause a notification sprite to appear beside the gem count. That might only be site news notifications, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back