Act = 0
MusicSlot = 45
NextLevel = R5
TypeOfLevel = 2
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 1
The mighty Mystic hath spoken!

Is it time for me to vote? I THINK IT IS

(I do these on a "as they come to me" basis :<.)

Single Player:

Fire Flight Zone by fawfulfan - 6/10
This one didn't seem that bad from what I played of it. It was a bit bland, but not too bad. However, I disliked the flame jets and the crushers, and there was nothing after the Ideya Capture, which was disappointing to me.

Dark Forest Zone by Videogame9 - 1/10
As much as I hate giving scores this low to a map that isn't a joke, it just doesn't feel like you tried. It seems like the first five seconds of LRZ below with enemies.

Jadeflower Zone, Act 1 by blahblahbal - 2/10
This is basically the same problem as WWZ below, except there was no scenery to speak of, so the main strength of that map is nonexistant here. As much as I dislike comparing the maps directly, that's basically what the map is.

Cloud Cradle by D00D64 - 3/10
I didn't have that much trouble with this level, but none of the difficulty made the map any fun. The main problem was the turrets. They were either worthless or cheap. Also, I see Robotnik found the weapon tiles. D:

Water Works Zone by Kyasarin - 4/10
I have to mention that while I liked the visuals, the level as a whole was a boring thokfest. It would probably work great in Race, but as it stands there's nothing to do.

Moonlit Mountain Zone, Act 1 by Darkbob1713 - 8/10
Heh, I had a lot of fun on this level. There was plenty of room to explore, and it looked great. I also loved how just progressing through the level still felt like you were exploring. However, I died at the first starpost and couldn't find any rings for a minute, and the grey springs, while nice, looked a bit too much like yellow springs in a weird light level. However, those flaws were fairly minor, and I wanna see more! :D

Lava Rock Zone by Eggmanfan - 1/10
Well, it's... playable, that's all I want to say. However, I have to mention the good along with the bad. So I'll also mention that it was the blandest SP stage I've played in a long while.

Match:

MAPM1 - Abandoned Shrine Zone by Ash - 2/10
I can't give you any points for originality there. Also, while the PolyObject fans looked nice, they aren't practical in a heated match. Also, symmetry in a 2.0 Match map is bad, I thought everyone knew about this by now.

MAPM2 - Two House Forest Zone by Kratzean - 2/10
This map was just bad. The houses were cramped, and the field outside was open with nothing to do. However, I have to give you a point for the comedy ensued by the fact that you could pop the monitors in the glass. I probably would've given an extra if I could've gotten the gravity boots :<. Also, the tumbleweeds really wanted me to add my SOC whenever I played it.

MAPM3 - Frost Columns Zone by Mystic - 7/10
For the most part, this map played solidly. The rings were all spread around the map, and the scenery was nicely varied. However, the snowy part looks like it could be easy in larger netgames to spread invisible flame trails in, and the springs in the ice house part were too easy to camp.

MAPM4 - Plasma Plant Zone by Darkbob1713 - 5/10
This map was kind of a wild card. On one hand, I liked the space countdown fog, but on the other the whole layout seemed a bit wonky. I'd like to be more specific in this case, but I'm not really sure what the problem is.

MAPM5 - Waterfall Hill Zone by MajinD - 3/10
This level was rail abuse, which made most other weapons useless. Also, I couldn't find the SRM. And to boot, the level was way too open. Just... derp.

MAPM6 - Crystalline Caves Zone by Spherallic - 6/10
I personally enjoyed myself here. There were plenty of goodies for Tails and Knux to get to, which is good. However, a few areas had walkways that were a bit narrow, making it hard to stay on. The map was also a bit big for a small netgame, but it'd probably be great for ie. one of FF's netgames.

MAPM7 - Oil Operation Zone by RedEchidna - Tacos/10
Hehe, the map was originally called Cobblestone Cavern, but then Whackjood suggested the oil gimmick, so I put it in and changed the name. Whoever found that secret within the first day gets a cookie. :D

MAPM8 - Lush Forest Zone by Blade - 5/10
While this stage was a bit open, this was enjoyable. I had a hard time finding others in a small netgame, but when I did, the fights were fun.

MAPM9 - VG Disco by Brawl - 3/10
I actually enjoyed myself a bit while I was playing here. However, the lighting was inconsistent, and the level seemed to run with the motto of "Crap-Filled Square". However, my main problem was with the toads. They look too much like players.

MAPMA - Disorient Battle Zone by JJames - 3/10
The main problem with this map was just how open it is. It's hard to not get sniped from halfway across the map. Also, the bridge was incredibly annoying just because you'd get halfway across and it'd just vanish from under your feet, causing you to fall off.

MAPMB - Strawberry Shortcake by Errol - 2/10
This was really just too open. The scatter is, as everyone says, overly powerful here. Also, it would've looked a lot nicer if you would've just placed those grass edges. Also, AGZ3 music? Really?

MAPMC - Silver Canyon Zone by KO.T.E - 4/10
Honestly, I kinda had trouble finding anyone here. I've also never been a fan of water in a Match level. Ever. But on a side note, it looked nice, and you seem to have remembered the hidden goodies.

CTF:

MAPF1 - Twilight Groove Zone by Scizor300 - 2/10
For starters, this map is asymmetrical in the center. I also found seven Rail panels in the map. And to boot, the map looks ugly. Just... boo.

MAPF2 - Lava Fort Zone by Kratzean - 1/10
Can you say "maze"? Good! I was lost half the time I played this, and the other half I was running back to the Elemental shield placed directly on the map. Just... eck.

MAPF3 - Magma Valley Zone by Darkbob1713 - 2/10
For starters, the SRMs were hard to get to, and I couldn't even find the bases for the first couple of minutes. The map in general was just not suited for CTF.

MAPF4 - Abandoned Disco Zone by Spherallic - 5/10
This map left me plainly content. While there weren't any major flaws with the map itself, the bases could've used a bit of tweaking in regards to the platform with the flag on it. It was also a bit confusing, but nothing you couldn't figure out within the first match.

MAPF5 - Thunder Coil Zone by ZarroTsu & Mach - 6/10
I enjoyed this map. It's basically Nimbus Ruins minus deaths, which is good for me. However, it did lag sometimes, and some of the weapon locations are odd. The flag also spawned too high, but I didn't mind that. It was actually kinda funny watching it.

MAPF6 - Crosswalk by ShadowHog - 3/10
If this was opened up, it could be good. As it stands now, though, it's a cramped mess. It was too hard to get to the flag, which really killed the map. Also, the TF2 vibe was off the charts.

MAPF7 - Metropolis Madness Zone by RedEchidna - Enchiladas/10
This map has been on my hard drive for a while. It started as a 1.09.4 map, then around September I started on a revision. On New Year's Eve, I tossed some items in and submitted! I also have to say that I personally prefer the sewer path to the regular path.

MAPF8 - Midnight Ice by Ash - 0/10
This map was just too laggy to be playable. Every game had it slow to a crawl until the host finally gave in to everyone's screaming SKIP SKIP SKIP.

Circuit:
MAPR1 - Freaky Factory Zone by RedEchidna - Nachos/10
I believe I pretty much finished the actual layout about a month and a half ago. The rest of the time was pretty much decoration and easter eggs. :D (also, I keep hearing about how everyone dies in the center hall, but since I'm a snob, I have decided to tell myself that you all just suck. I'll tweak it if I ever rerelease it though. ;))

MAPR2 - Bleeding Green by D00D64 - 4/10
I can sum this up in one sentence. While I did have fun with this map, the constant layering of ledges as annoying, and the starposts can be a problem if you take an unusual path.

MAPR3 - Quicksand Night Zone by Darkbob1713 - 5/10
This may just be me having high standards, but this level felt a bit plain in terms of actual design. However, it looks pretty, and at least it's not flat or annoying. I was pretty much content while playing this map, not disappointed, not amazed. The only major flaw was how the quicksand in the middle section would arbitrarily stop you for upwards of five-ten seconds.

MAPR4 - Not A Thokfest Zone by Mystic - 2/10
Have I mentioned that I don't find this funny? Not really anything to say, being this was a joke map. This map seems to prove my theory that a nice-looking thokfest with a bit of variety is better than a non-thokfest that plays bad.

MAPR5 - Digital Dimension Zone by SonicMaster - 4/10
Completely average. The first part was meh, no big flaws, but nothing that was exciting. The second part was pretty good, with the spike pits that added a bit of strategy. The last part was mediocre, with nothing to do except jump. I'm docking one point for unoriginality like I always do.

MAPR6 - Sky Castle Zone by Mach - 2/10
THOKFEST THOKFEST THOKFEST THOKFEST THOKFEST... The only part I liked was the part with the swinging maces, and that was more of a "ooh swinging thingies" than actual enjoyment. However, the hedge maze looked nice aside from all the rendering errors.

MAPR7 - Crimson Caves Zone by Blade - 4/10
On one hand, I liked most of the layout. It all looked fairly nice, but the flickering lights hurt my eyes. Also, the rock-hopping challenge is absolutely impossible in c-lag. I dock one point because I had to help you with that bug. :3

look guys I rated all the maps ain't I special

Last edited:
Also, snails, god ******* **** **** the ******* but ****ting and ******* ****ing snails.

I couldn't help but chuckle at this. I totally agree with you though, and the same goes for Jetty-Syns; they like to team up and ******* rape you by pounding into you like a jackhammer. ONE. AFTER. THE OTHER. And I'll better don't start talking about the fact that they can shoot and drop bombs to make your life a ******* hell.

Conclusion: You never tested this.

Au contraire, I did. And recorded it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1QKFNzpgHk

And right from the Youtube description:

People were having a lot of issues with this level, so I put together a video showcasing the following:

- The 4 1-up monitors
- That you CAN turn the camera on the rope
- That reverse A_Skull_Bash sending Eggman up is ANNOYING
- The Ultimate Cheat
- Me failing the easier parts a lot :P
- How poor quality Windows Movie Maker makes everything look
- How I really gotta get something that can make better quality videos
- That Sonic can, in fact, clear the stage, much to everyone's suprise

So yeah, there ya go.

Seriously, I hate how reverse A_Skull_Bash works.

And I love how you overpower your momentum with Super Sonic and die on something Sonic, Tails, and Knux can do with ease, and the Yellow springs you can just Spindash near and release to compensate for Tails' low speed due to max spindash speed being Maxmove speed. As for that steel "hallway" near the end, that's a bit of a bug: Clouds are supposed to be over it. I'll give it the right tag in the re-release and make it shorter.

Last edited:
Fire Flight Zone by fawfulfan - 7/10
I actually really liked this. The area with all the flamethrowers was lame, but otherwise this was really well done and quite a lot of fun. A few of the passages could probably use some more help in finding them as they're through some walls that the player might not notice, but otherwise I really liked this stage quite a lot. More fun than I've had in a NiGHTS stage since Spring Hill.

Dark Forest Zone by Videogame9 - 2/10
This is just a room of platforms over a pit. There's no actual content or stage here. It's playable I guess, but there's no real stage here. Jump on little platforms for a while, then you're done. Look at how other people make single player stages as an example.

This has the exact opposite issue as the previous map. There is a lot of area here, but there's no detail at all. You added a few areas with some content, like where you placed the Sonic emblem. Now add that level of detail to the entire map, with streams across the stage, and sector variations and other scenery. Anything but huge areas that have nothing in them but a renderer error.

Cloud Cradle by D00D64 - 3/10
You need Star Posts. REALLY badly. A lot of the gimmicks in this stage really don't work at all, such as the laser room being exceptionally painful on the eyes and being impossible to navigate in third person, and the enemy bouncing over a pit being exceptionally fidgety. Also, using enemies like that on ropes is basically impossible to see because of the camera. Don't do that.

Water Works Zone by Kyasarin - 7/10
The visuals in this map are really great. I loved the indoor rooms with the outside texturing used in there. The gameplay is good, but quite generic. Especially near the end it feels like you ran out of ideas. Most of the ideas used here aren't really used in interesting new ways at all. The stage also could really use a lot more secrets. I searched the stage pretty well and didn't find much at all. With all the scenery, you should hide stuff in it to match.

This was surprisingly fun. I don't really like the visuals much, but they all provided a unified look at least. I really liked the variety of gameplay provided, with areas with ice, water, platforming, and other concepts. The main thing that brings it down is that the stage really could use a lot more in the way of secrets. I liked the Attraction Shield near the beginning, and the 1-up on the zoom tube was cool, but a lot of the stage just felt empty when I explored it.

Wow, this is awful. Playable, I guess, but completely terrible. Don't build maps like this.

MAPM1 - Abandoned Shrine Zone by Ash - 5/10
This would have been a truly awesome 1.X map. The fans are a great gimmick that provides a really fun way to get to the upper floors and the central room is open, yet has cover to run behind. The problem is that the level really isn't any good in 2.0. The SRM in the center is a particular problem, making the entire stage focus in spamming right there. The play flow of the stage is to grab whatever rings you can, get a weapon you can spam, and circle-strafe the central area and spam it until you're out of ammo or you get hit. The WRM is actually harder to get than the SRM, which basically means nobody has any shields except the person camping the SRM and having the proper reflexes to thok onto it right when it respawns. Also, because the stage is symmetrical it's not possible to know which weapon you're moving towards on a fan until you get there.

MAPM2 - Two House Forest Zone by Kratzean - 2/10
This feels like you put match starts into an RP map. It's cramped, and laggy as anything, with not enough rings and monitors inside FOFs that are possible to get anyways. Even worse, both the houses have the same layout with different texturing. There's no flow in the map at all, stopping dead constantly, and since there's only one way in and out of the buildings, there's no interesting ways to get around the stage.

MAPM3 - Frost Columns Zone by Mystic - N/A
Well, I'm pretty happy with it, although the visuals aren't particularly great.

MAPM4 - Plasma Plant Zone by Darkbob1713 - 4/10
Honestly, I should probably give this a 3, but I had so much fun camping the rail platform and railing people into pits that I couldn't help but give it another point. This map is in dire need of more rings, and the weapons are really all hidden away in non-obvious locations. The painful floor isn't nearly obvious enough, either. The instant-drowning liquid is a cool idea, but nowhere in the stage is it really used very well. It feels like it's just used as a place to put the weapon panels and that's all.

MAPM5 - Waterfall Hill Zone by MajinD - 4/10
This map is WAY too big and open. We had 16 people in the game and even then I was occasionally alone. There are also far too few rings in the level, making anything that requires a lot completely useless. The level itself could mainly use being made smaller, but also a lot of the areas could use some refinement. For instance, the pool with the bounce panel has waterfalls on the edge to aid the springs, but they're really narrow and hard to use properly. The main thing I did really like about it was the mountain the rail panel was placed on, considering how strong rail is on the map, it's nice to have the weapon placed in such a dangerous location, requiring springs to reach.

MAPM6 - Crystalline Caves Zone by Spherallic - 8/10
I don't see why you were so worried about using the same theme as me, considering this map is probably as good as mine. I would suggest adding some visual clarity in places, and probably cut down on the translucent FOFs, as they're kinda distracting. There were several times when I had trouble seeing what was going on. With as many people as we had in the stage, the level turned into a pure madhouse. It might be nice to add an extra WRM in a reasonably easy to reach location to add a few more shields, because it was really easy to get hit. Overall, though, the stage is really quite great. I had a blast on it.

MAPM7 - Oil Operation Zone by RedEchidna - 6/10
This still needs work, but it's more than fun at this point. Some of the room transitions are really awkward, and there should probably more stuff added in a few of the areas, but the basic stage layout is really solid and it played rather well. Instead of a small alcove for the SRM, it may be more effective to have a hallow interior area in the central pillar and have 2 entrances to it.

MAPM8 - Lush Forest Zone by Blade - 7/10
Quite fun stage, although it really could use some gimmicks. As a basic layout it's solid, but could really use a little more to distinguish the various rooms, perhaps use the scenery objects differently in the different rooms if messing with the textures doesn't work. I also actually found myself wishing a few of the tunnels connecting the rooms were a little smaller so I could actually fill them with fire, but it's a minor complaint and I'm not sure it would actually improve the map. There really aren't any choke points to exploit in this map at all.

MAPM9 - VG Disco by Brawl - 4/10
Well, the basic idea and layout here is pretty sound, although I really don't like the pool of water at all. It feels arbitrary and is just annoying. The main problem with this stage is item placement. You're completely missing 3 weapons, and you're using ? monitors. I went Super for approximately 15 seconds thanks to them bringing up Recycler exceptionally frequently. I'd suggest reading the thing placement section of Level Design 101 on the Wiki, and applying that information to your stage. If you fixed the thing placement this could easily be a 6 or maybe even a 7.

MAPMA - Disorient Battle Zone by JJames - 6/10
Well, this is quite well-done. Nice to see reverse gravity in match actually be fun. The problem is that there's basically no difference between the floor and ceiling of the stage. It's essentially symmetrical on the Z axis. Have a different layout on the floor and the ceiling, and then place the different weapons on each side. With everything essentially available on both sides, it's not really encouraged to flip since it makes you vulnerable, which is the core gimmick of the map.

MAPMB - Strawberry Shortcake by Errol - 5/10
This stage seems to get the essentials, but it really is in dire need of some visual variety and detail. Especially the underwater passage should be completely reworked, maybe removing the water so the WRM can spawn as Attraction occasionally. I had a complete blast throwing people into pits over and over with knockback weapons, regardless =P

MAPMC - Silver Canyon Zone by KO.T.E - 6/10
Well, it's a definite improvement over the version we tested earlier. It's easy to see now and the gameplay is now much better. The problem is just that there's so much extra territory in places, especially underwater, that the stage frequently feels empty, even with a lot of people. The SRMs should probably be harder to reach, as well, both of them in an easy to reach method. Simply making the underwater passages shorter would probably do a lot to help the map's flow.

MAPF1 - Twilight Groove Zone by Scizor300 - 3/10
This is massively laggy, and most of the territory of the map doesn't get used at all. Nobody ever uses the bottom floor, and just dashes straight between the two bases. It's also quite painful to look at with all the bright textures being offset by absolutely nothing. The disco room in SRB2 itself uses a variety of textures so it doesn't make your eyes bleed.

MAPF2 - Lava Fort Zone by Kratzean - 3/10
Augh, set the bottom of the lava to return the flag. This turned into a complete stall war as both sides essentially camped the bases for 30 seconds at a time while we waited for the flag to respawn. The central room with the moving lava was completely cheap, and the pool of lava under the flag was insanely annoying because you would step down onto it when running on the grate in front of the flag. Also, all the Elemental Shields everywhere got completely stale, because almost everyone had one. It would feel more special if everyone in the map didn't have one. This level just desperately needs some open space somewhere, and perhaps an alternate path that's actually SAFE to the other base, as long as it's much slower than the main path.

MAPF3 - Magma Valley Zone by Darkbob1713 - 4/10
I actually had a lot of fun on this map, but it needs serious work. The falling platforms to get to the flag were really annoying, and the blue springs were just dumb. On the up side, I really liked how the bases were laid out, as they were actually defensible and the springs let you actually get out of the base without using the falling platforms. I'd personally suggest connecting the platform with Explosion with the platform with the Bounce, to provide a second path between the bases. With another path this level would be far better.

MAPF4 - Abandoned Disco Zone by Spherallic - 7/10
What a cute, simple map. I had quite a lot of fun on it, but that flag REALLY needs to be moved to a position where the other team can't run up and grab it instantly. I really liked hiding out on the second floor, and spamming bounce at anyone who tried to take the flag from me. Overall, a great map with good flow, and it's nice to see SOMEONE from this contest used the disco textures to good effect.

MAPF5 - Thunder Coil Zone by ZarroTsu & Mach - 4/10
Ugh, more lag. This would probably be fixed if you used less FOFs and didn't use a black pit, instead using a sky texture below. Anyhow, the base design here is pretty nice, with the springs outside reminding me of the things I liked about Cloud Palace. Unfortunately, the rest of the level design just wasn't up to par. The coil is kinda neat but doesn't work as expected, hitting me when I didn't think I was touched by anything, and the rest of the level is bland, boring platforms over a bottomless pit. Nimbus Ruins just isn't interesting when there isn't a risk of dying to the pit. Also, I could not for the life of me figure out where some of the weapon panels were. It would probably help to hide them a little less. I basically ended up using red rings both games.

MAPF6 - Crosswalk by ShadowHog - 4/10
Ugh, this is a cramped mess, but for some reason I had so much FUN on the cramped mess. There are WAY too many monitors, and you need team ring monitors in the bases so you can actually kick the opposing team out of the base. There are tons of WRMs and SRMs to the point that I was getting blasted by Armageddon and Invincibility constantly. The central area is about the right size but could probably use some of the stuff in the middle removed, and both the bases are too small. The entire stage reeks of unbalance, but for some reason it didn't matter and we all spammed rings excessively and had fun. With some balancing work this could be a really great map.

MAPF7 - Metropolis Madness Zone by RedEchidna - 6/10
I really don't know why I had so much fun with this. I think it's partly because of how defensible the base was, though. I liked the hole to get back down to the first floor when flag running, but the mid-field area is really bland and the alternate path is completely nonsensical and I couldn't figure it out in either game. That area needs to be reworked quite badly.

MAPF8 - Midnight Ice by Ash - 0/10
When you said bad framerate, I didn't think "unplayable", but that's the experience here. Within a second of loading, the whining about the lag started in the round and did not cease until the game sigsegved to end it in both games. While it looks really pretty and seems to have a solid layout, the framerate being so bad because of precipitation combined with excessive graphical detail in a map with nothing blocking line of sight that the entire game stuttered to a slideshow renders it completely unplayable.

MAPR1 - Freaky Factory Zone by RedEchidna - 4/10
The pits in this level are completely arbitrary and invisible until you've already fallen into them. Other than that, the level bugs up if you happen to die while on the ceiling, forcing me to switch to Tails to hit the Star Posts on the ceiling. The concept was really cool, it just needs a MUCH better execution.

MAPR2 - Bleeding Green by D00D64 - 1/10
Well, aside from the Star Posts completely not working and having several places it's possible to get completely stuck with an Elemental Shield, this could be somewhat playable. As it stands, this level is barely playable. Also, I'm sure you know from the name, but the visuals in this stage are completely awful.

MAPR3 - Quicksand Night Zone by Darkbob1713 - 7/10
I quite liked this. The gimmicks were interesting while at the same time preventing me from just thokking my entire way through the stage. I don't really like the section after the first Star Post, with the repetitive jumping it just felt boring. Also, the platform that moves up and down dips under the pit, which felt cheap as I lost a life to something I couldn't have predicted. Otherwise, keep up the good work here.

MAPR4 - Not A Thokfest Zone by Mystic - N/A
An idea I had at 4 AM that I just HAD to make reality. If you guys derive any amusement from this then the goal has been achieved. Remember, guys: There is a difference between a thokfest and a map that just lets you thok a lot.

MAPR5 - Digital Dimension Zone by SonicMaster - 5/10
I've never played Riders for more than an hour, so I can't comment on the quality of the port, but this is a solid stage with really crappy transitions that really hurt the experience. The first pit is really kinda annoying, and I'd personally suggest replacing it with lava. Also, the spikes will hit you if you just graze them and not fall on them, which is really painful if you're NOT thokking at the time to try to not get hit. Otherwise it's a pretty decently fun stage that just needs better balancing.

MAPR6 - Sky Castle Zone by Mach - 2/10
Wow, you sure did make a thokfest to counter my stage all right. You need to fix the Star Posts majorly, and I really hate the staircase section. Also, the maze is a gigantic renderer error. I actually like how you can take the collapsing platforms over the slime as a shortcut, and the jumps in a few areas. Just needs a lot less flat, and a bit less thokking through areas with nothing there.

MAPR7 - Crimson Caves Zone by Blade - 8/10
I really liked this level. I really dislike the lighting breaking down and flickering hardcore across the entire stage, but the actual gameplay is great, with some challenging jumps and several places where you can just barely make a thok for a time savings if you risk going into the lava if you screw it up. Also, other than the lighting going berserk the whole thing looks great. I especially like the curve at the end of the stage with all the flamethrowers; it looks great. Just fix that lighting, alright?

Last edited:
NOTE: I forgot to save log.txt, so any quotes I have are paraphrased.

EDIT: http://sites.google.com/site/kaysakado/SRB2.rar

Match:
MAPM1 - Abandoned Shrine Zone by Ash: 7/10
<Kaysakado> ash

MAPM2 - Two House Forest Zone by Kratzean: 4/10
<Kaysakado> it's not a museum, it's an underground bunker

MAPM3 - Frost Columns Zone by Mystic: 8/10
<Kaysakado> cirno wings are in the wrong spot

MAPM4 - Plasma Plant Zone by Darkbob1713: 7/10
<Kaysakado> what is this
<Kaysakado> oh god instadrown

MAPM5 - Waterfall Hill Zone by MajinD: ?/10
I can't aim the rail well enough to have fun, so from my viewpoint, it would be a 0, but that's unfair, so I won't vote.
<Kaysakado> also i like how sb is getting so many more points because rail is powerful in this map

MAPM6 - Crystalline Caves Zone by Spherallic: 5/10
eh

MAPM7 - Oil Operation Zone by RedEchidna: 6/10
<Kaysakado> isn't oil supposed to be slick?

MAPM8 - Lush Forest Zone by Blade: 7/10

MAPM9 - VG Disco by Brawl: 2/10
<Kaysakado> I want to crush someone with the Eggman statue :3

MAPMA - Disorient Battle Zone by JJames: 8/10
<Neo> ahahaha where do you even GET a bridge that crazy
<Kaysakado> time to get my FLIP on
<Kaysakado> hmmm......... I need to know which BUTON to use

MAPMB - Strawberry Shortcake by Errol: 6/10
<Kaysakado> scatter is op plz nerf stjr!!!!!!!!
(I took a bunch of amusing screenshots in this one, I'll need to upload them later)
EDIT: http://sites.google.com/site/kaysakado/SRB2.rar

MAPMC - Silver Canyon Zone by KO.T.E: 8/10
<Kaysakado> Man, I was on a RAMPAGE with that fire shield
<Kaysakado> How did you guys keep walking into it?

CTF:
MAPF1 - Twilight Groove Zone by Scizor300: 2/10

MAPF2 - Lava Fort Zone by Kratzean: 5/10

MAPF3 - Magma Valley Zone by Darkbob1713: 6/10
<Kaysakado> from the looks of it, the entire map is the red base
<Kaysakado> you have a monopoly, gg

MAPF4 - Abandoned Disco Zone by Spherallic: 7/10
<Kaysakado> god why do we have so many disco levels

MAPF5 - Thunder Coil Zone by ZarroTsu & Mach: ?/10
This is a big map, and I only had 6 or so players in the server, so I didn't get a chance to play it well.
HOWEVER:
<Kaysakado> stone does not conduct electricity, dammit

MAPF6 - Crosswalk by ShadowHog: 8/10
<some guy in my server> this is a sad combination of various TF2 maps

MAPF7 - Metropolis Madness Zone by RedEchidna: 8/10
<Kaysakado> God, what is in our water supply?

MAPF8 - Midnight Ice by Ash: 0/10
bugged version

Circuit:
MAPR1 - Freaky Factory Zone by RedEchidna: 8/10
<Kaysakado> this map is the BOMB

MAPR2 - Bleeding Green by D00D64: 3/10
<Kaysakado> oops, looks like I missed another starpost!
---
<Kaysakado> whoa, how'd I go in a giant circle?
---
<Kaysakado> How are you expected to know to turn around there?

MAPR3 - Quicksand Night Zone by Darkbob1713: 5/10
eh

MAPR4 - Not A Thokfest Zone by Mystic: 8/10
>NUMLAPS 50
>MAP MAPR4

MAPR5 - Digital Dimension Zone by SonicMaster: 7/10

MAPR6 - Sky Castle Zone by Mach: 3/10
Thanks for reminding me how to thokfest, I was starting to forget.
Also, the starpost before the hedgemaze is like impossible to get unless you're conciously remembering to get it.

MAPR7 - Crimson Caves Zone by Blade: 8/10
<someone in Mystic's server> siezure caves zone

Last edited:
@ZarroTsu:
[23:27] <@Inuyasha> ZarroTsu, as much as I hate to say it
[23:27] <@Inuyasha> That's how it works, too bad
[23:27] <@Inuyasha> It was broken in the version of the map in the OLDC pack.
[23:27] <@Inuyasha> I wouldn't alter my vote simply because "it's not supposed to work like that".

<ZarroTsu> Read the first and last paragraph of my post on page 2 of this topic, dammit

((Number of remaining people this needs to be pointed out to: 14 ))
I don't care that the entire sector conducts electricity, I care that STONE DOES NOT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY >:<

Man, I wish I can late-enter my maps. It was too late by the time I got on my computer. =(

I'll rate the levels soon...

<Neo> ahahaha where do you even GET a bridge that crazy
hahahahaha WHERE do you even get a bridge thats that crazy

<someone in Mystic's server> siezure caves zone
Epilepsy Caves Zone

Actual vote coming much later, more likely. Like I said in Mystic's server, I'm surprised that we only got the barrage of disco maps on the second 2.0 level design contest.

I'm also glad I didn't enter the Circuit division, because I'd be up against Mystic's stage. And since Mystic's stage was made by Mystic and he's doing the 'drive a point home' thing, well.

I'm going to bed soon, so I'll be simple with my ratings.

Fire Flight
- 8/10 - I really liked this. I liked how the level progressed, and the music made the level feel better. However, it got a bit repetitive toward the middle, and the flamethrowers aren't really fun to navigate around.

Dark Forest
- 2/10 - I actually kind of had fun jumping from platform to platform while I dodged the incoming lazers. However, the level was too short and the secrets were easy and pretty much worthless to get.

Jade Flower - 1/10 - Firstly, the water has no colormap. Looks like you know how to map, but you need more in the creativity department. Needs moar logic. There's tons of glitches because some parts are too huge and empty. It's flat and bland. Not fun to play.

Cloud Cradle - 3/10 - It's frustrating and it's ugly. There's some nice ideas, but no room for fun (or movement for that matter). I'm not saying you should make a super easy and super scenic map. There should be some kind of a middle ground to reside in.

Water Works - 8/10 - The music and the theme fit together seamlessly. This provided for a really nice atmosphere and feel to the level. The gameplay is pretty simple but it's fun. My only complaints are how uneven the scenery is, and that waterfall with the pit at the end. It's nearly unavoidable on the first try. Other than that, this is your best level so far.

Moonlit Mountain - 6/10 - Nice length and replay value. It had plenty of multiple paths for exploration. The texturing was nice and strange. Too bad the music detracts from the atmosphere, though. I thought it was unfitting. Also, the ice looked kind of ugly and out of place. I'd like less of a sudden transition between all the themes.

Lava Rock - 0/10 - Perhaps one of the worst maps I've ever played, for obvious reasons. Only good for comedic value.

Single Player:

Fire Flight Zone by fawfulfan - 8/10

This is without a doubt one of the best NiGHTS stages ever.
Only think I don't like is the over use of flame throwers.

Dark Forest Zone by Videogame9 - 1/10

HOP HOP HOP HOP.
All this level had to offer was darkness and hopping.

Ugh, a flat, and boring thokfest. not to mention I got lost in the level.
The only think I liked was the song.

Cloud Cradle by D00D64 - 5/10

This level was ok, nothing realy interesting besides the Jetty-syn bomber and the "Egg-Bommber" as I call it.
The main things I dislike is the jetty syn hopping part, the room with the lasers and convayer belt, and the rope hang part.
(Also, did you get the idea of the daul shot for Eggman from the old Egg Laser I made?)

Water Works Zone by Kyasarin - 6/10

I remember testing this level...
The level was OK, the main thing I didn't like was that there wasn't much detail in some areas.
Othere then that, the level was ok.

Nice level you got here, the textures was cool, lay out was good.
One of the things I don't like about the level is that the metal stuff felt out of place.
Also, I almost got lost IIRC.

Like Dark Forest, this level only offered was hopping on small platforms
that have insta-kill lava around it. I can't really remember what else was init because it was so bad. :E

MP votes to come.

Ice said:
Jade Flower - 1/10 - Firstly, the water has no colormap.
Simsmagic said:
Some pools lack colormaps.
Uhm, what? I just checked them, and none had problems. Though I do have to admit that JFZ neds A LOT of work.

[off topic]D00D64, I noticed your little linedefs that make up "D00D64" in Cloud Cradle. Kinda cool. And nice touch.[/off topic]

Last edited:
Okay, I got a good laugh from the scatter ring screenshots. :)

Remind me to make this the main gimmick in my next match map.

Single Player
Fire Flight Zone by fawfulfan - 7/10 - Good visuals, above average gameplay.
Wow. Good job fawfulfan, this is indeed better than Misty Mesa. It looks pretty good, but the gameplay suffered from an overuse of flame jets. And the first time I played it, I couldn't figure out that you could go through the lavafall on the right, so I went left. That worked too, until that NiGHTS bumper which you couldn't evade.
But overall, a good map, the second best in my opinion.

Dark Forest Zone by Videogame9 - 1/10 - Blandness, and darkness.
Well, this map consists of a lot of square platforms, all with the same height, above a death pit. It wasn't challenging though, even the Snailers couldn't add some difficulty. Also, there was an overuse of Emerald tokens, three of which were in plain sight. It looked bad, overused GFZ textures plus the Wood Zone sky, which I think is the ugliest sky in the game.

Jadeflower Zone, Act 1
by blahblahbal - 1/10 - Glitchfest with generic GFZ theme.
This map has gotten only slightly better than in the Mystical Heavens pack, but I was going to give that one a zero. This is a very bland map, with amateur level design, and vast stretches of bland fields near the end. I was going to give this map a 2, but I got stuck in a certain pool after the Armageddon Shield high up in the air.

Cloud Cradle by D00D64 - 4/10 - Interesting ideas, bad execution.
First of all, props for the original sky base theme. The clouds near the bottom were pretty, just like the colormap, both of which gave it an original atmosphere. The custom music was really nice too, but your SOCcing work wasn't really the best. The Bomb Ring Jetty-Syn was a bit overpowered, with accurate aim and Bomb Rings. The boss was just the original Eggmobile, but 10x more of a pain in the ass.
Now for the level design. There seem to be many 10 ring boxes, and there is also an abundance of flying enemies. The platforming, sans for the gimmicks, was very bland. The gimmicks ranged from average to absolute garbage. The blue spring gimmick was piss easy, I never failed it. The laser room hurt my eyes, and the last laser wall always hits me, no matter what I do. You also seem to hate diagonal springs. Now for the Jetty-Syn bouncing. This is by far the worst piece of crap in this stage. Tails and Knuckles can just fly/glide over (I don't know about flying, but gliding is possible), but Sonic has to percectly bounce on two groups. If you are even 32 fracunits off, you die. It also doesn't help that they are spaced just too far from each other, and that you have to thok perfectly on timing to barely reach the other side. The rail gimmick is also pretty bad, because you can't see the enemies! I tried rotating the camera, but that made me only see the enemies barely. The boss is just the plain old Eggman, with Auto, Bomb and Grenade in his machine. After that you get warped to a room with laser walls, and 50 rings. Speaking of rings, there were a lot of them throughout the entire stage, except in the boss arena, where there were none!
Overall, a below-average map.

Water Works Zone by Kyasarin - 8/10 - Awesome visuals, decent gameplay.
This level is the best in this contest, hands down. It looked really good, the combination of a water factory theme plus a bit of Tidal Palace was awesome.
The only weak point in this map is the gameplay. It mostly consists of jumping and a lot of running. The waterslide was pretty cool, there should've been more of those. However, the factory theme really helped the gameplay, with cleverly placed pumps, pipes, doors and elevators.

Moonlit Mountain Zone 1 by darkbob1713 - 8/10 - Nice custom stuff, above average map.
I don't know why, but this map got better and better each time I played it. There were a lot of multiple paths, and just as many theme changes. There are mountain parts, ice parts, even factory parts, but they all blended well into each other. The gameplay was also really nice, with waterslides, platforming on ice (which I do like) and plain old platforming. The custom stuff was also really nice, I particularly liked the blue wall texture.
However, there were also some bad things. In the outside parts, you can easily fall into the death pit below, for a multitude of reasons I'm not going to mention now. And sometimes I didn't really know where to go. But overall, a good map.

Lava Rock Zone by Eggmanfan - 0/10 - Horrible, just horrible.
Instakill lava + platforms + glitches + strange transition to Eggrock + a lot of pure crap = this map.

Multiplayer votes later, when I've played the maps.

I don't care that the entire sector conducts electricity, I care that STONE DOES NOT CONDUCT ELECTRICITY >:<
One of the broken sectors has an FoF that happens to be stone, if that's what you're talking about. Otherwise, the lightning rod is a metal texture. Down the middle is 'electric' flooring; otherwise there's plenty of other places under this floor where electricity could go. (Just because it isn't mapped doesn't mean it isn't insinuated)

@Inuyasha:: I'll just skip right to stage 5 of the acceptance stages now.

Ok guys, stop being ******* idiots, posting ?/10 and such. If you don't score a map, then it unbalances scoring thus ******* up averages.
Just because you don't like NiGHTS mode or couldn't play that match stage while railing isn't a good enough excuse, and you can still rate it based on your experience. If you're not good at railing, then that map shouldn't have favoured railing so much.
And Flame, stop whining about people playing only singleplayer, remember that some people can't play due to certain circumstances (HEY, REMEMBER? ARGENTINA? OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD?)
God damn you people.

Flame, I gotta call you out on that too. That's bullcrap and you know it. Whenever I vote, I only bother to vote for the single player maps. You know why? Because I have no interest in SRB2 multiplayer. If some people don't get into netgames or can't play them altogether, you can't fault them for that. Moreover, rating them based on a quick run through by yourself is missing the point by a wide margin, as Arf already noted. We don't want or need ratings based on false premises.

But no, you have to make a big deal out of it, and to add insult to injury you have to "protest" by doing effectively the same thing you're taking a stand against. Man, what the hell is wrong with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back