• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bippo Bop

Status
Not open for further replies.
comparison2.png

Made Bippo's ears more mouselike, and decreased the colors on Galto.

What a good game, it's kinda looks Great in the (graphics) and so like a build up. It's still a good wad.

It is more better then What it is Created.

I think the cat appearance would be fixed if you made the ears less curly. If the curl were removed, it might look more like a mouse.

The Galto sprite looks better, though I wonder if the purple might be out-of-place. I will have to think on it a bit more. The center of the sprite looks pretty good, though, as well as the look of the red (which, likely, will be the recolorable area).

The Will-O’-Wisp is done and is looking to be a very good idea. My next enemy to make will likely be the Wisp Master.

Of course, first I will be continuing progress on the stage itself.

I am not sure how well that fits the style of Bippo Bop, but I cannot be very picky, I suppose. I thank thee.

I shall use that sprite for now. I know there is nothing yet in the middle of it, but it should still do for now. If you decide to later upload sprites for the middle, just remember that there should be now finger-movements like in the normal title. The only one who has fingers at all is Bippo, and Bippo does not have the confidence or attitude to do that pose without character derailment. If you load cut.soc, you will see what I mean.

At any rate, it is proving quite difficult to come up with interesting obstacles for the level I am working on, but I am doing my best.

Remember Joat, it's old. I didn't look at Cut.soc back when I made that sprite. I'll work on something more gloomy--- but not Goth. Gloomy, but not Goth. That's the way Bippo Bop is.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

What color is Galto supposed to be?

Though intermittently, I have been working on Bippo Bop. Here are the updates:

Progress
- Nearly completed Misty Forest (or whatever I end up naming it).
- Sprites done for Wisp Master, though somewhat accidentally. Who knew that accidentally saving something as a jpeg could actually make it look prettier?
- A fair chunk of work done on Wisp Master, including some voice-acting (amazing what you can do with Audacity audio filters)
- Starting on Slow Burn (a projectile that Wisp Master can shoot). There are sprites for it. However, said sprites are recolorations of the spike-ball sprites, which work surprisingly well. However, that they are placeholders until I am able to make decent fireball sprites (by the planets aligning just right or something equally astounding), someone draws fireball sprites for me, or I get permission to use the recolored sprites for the final project (I do need permission, if I recall correctly).

Problems
- Still trying to figure out how to make a projectile home in on the player, since targeting the player will cause it not to harm the player.
- Voice-editing can only go so far. I may be unable to voice-act for Bippo and Galto convincingly.

Aye, that. Though I will have to think of what he would say.

Also, has there been any progress on the sprites?

Aye, that. Though I will have to think of what he would say.

Also, has there been any progress on the sprites?

...Wut?

Anyways, i'll try fixing the ears and getting the other angles for Bippo done, but I can't voice as him. Galto is my best chance, seeing as I have a somewhat deep voice.

Galto Voice Set
This is the basic voice set. This stuff should be done before the finer details are.

Hurt 1: “Rrgh!”
Slain: Will remain non-verbal.
Taunt 1: “We shall prevail!”
Victory 1: “The deed is done.”

Updates
- Wisp Master is done.
- Slow Burn is done (except that I have not yet added the fire tag to it), though the more I look at it, the less it really resembles fire.

Sowwy for the delay. A combination of schoolwork and, well, wadder’s block.

Anyway, I have started working on this WAD again and I am pleased to note that I have finished another level.

Oooh me likey! Looks AMAZING! Such a quirky but awesome idea! I love games like these. Really wanna play this, could you fix the download link?

Hm? Oh, wow. I thought this WAD was dead. Glad to see it being worked on again~ It was one of my favourites! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back