Random forum suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
CRACK DOWN ON N00BS WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY BEING LESS STRICK--

Nah, not really. That's stupid. I'm actually thinking of a little thing that's bugged me for awhile, and does seem to be causing a bit of trouble. I've noticed that it requires a bit of observation to tell that the releases forums are for releases. Hence the tons of "Character discussion" and such topics. The only hints are context clues, and the name of the forum section. Which someone quick to post and new to this forum software might not notice.

To this, I propose a simple ammendment. Rather than simply "Characters" name the section, "Characters Releases." As well as "Level Releases," "SOC/Script Releases," etc.

So, thoughts? I know it's kinda annoying to give idiots more room to fall back, but it does seem like it could get rid of a few annoying topics.

ftw_lg.gif

Guys, why don't we just have one seperate forum for release discussion/searching/other stuff

Not the point.

Some people host WADS on most sites but have no idea of this forum, so they cannot post it, and most likely we can't find it.

Then why would we want to talk about it if it's not here in the first place? Much less if we didn't even know it existed. That just feels like asking "How do I hack SADX" on the SRB2 MB.

I can't understand anything you're saying. I'd really appreciate it if you avoided using words like "it," "where," "that," and other related pronouns when supporting your point.

Okay. Rephrase:

We need a sub-forum called Release Discussion, or something like it. There, users can talk about custom content that they like, ask questions like "Where can I find this WAD?" and "How do I beat the level in Mystic Realm?" or "Which do you prefer? This skin or that?" It could also be useful because we can go there if we want to ask for a WAD done or something.

Um, since "Characters" is under the Releases forum, it automatically is the Character Releases subforum. We don't need an extra forum just for discussion; you can do that IN the topic in releases. That's the point.

Which brings us back to the original point of the topic. The word "Releases" is only used in a tiny little bar above those forums, and in the description. I'm only suggesting they add the word Releases after each individual category's name. A simple five-minute fix. You guys are proposing all sorts of random stuff that alters the layout though. x.x

SRB2-Playah said:
FTW. An acronym for 'For The Win'.
In this context, it means that he thinks this is a good idea.

Actually, in my experience FTW means "**** the world" (I hope that doesn't count as a filter evade), while 4TW means "For the win".

Chaos Knux said:
SRB2-Playah said:
FTW. An acronym for 'For The Win'.
In this context, it means that he thinks this is a good idea.

Actually, in my experience FTW means "**** the world" (I hope that doesn't count as a filter evade), while 4TW means "For the win".
FTW means both.
And FTW FTW *bricked*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back