Congrats on v2.2

Hello SRB2 people, I'm quite late but just wanted to pop by and say congratulations on v2.2. Great job.

Been a while since I logged into this account.

ZxhMRSt.png

Wow, welcome back! I think 2009 was when I was old enough to first start frequenting the Internet, to put this in perspective since your absence. Surprised you still remembered your original password from then.

Glad you're enjoying the new version of the game as much as all of us are!

Until recently I had been MIA around here since 2010. 2.2 was also what finally motivated me to pop back into existence.

Yep it's been 11 years since I last logged in. I'm unclear on what version SRB2 was on when I first found it, but I have vague memories of a Christmas version of some kind?

Playing 2.2 was kind of wild for me; obviously its that nostalgia thing because I haven't opened this game in a long time, so I'm sort of rediscovering it. I always remember thinking it was a little weird that you had Greenflower and then Techno Hill. Kind of feels like two grassy levels together right off the bat? But as I was playing it fresh I just had this feeling of, no: Techno Hill is an awesome idea for a Sonic level. You start outside in this grassy-ish bit but it's overrun and it just gets more overrun with metal and then you're inside it going deeper and deeper until you're lost in these boxy metal catacombs? That's cool. Like, that's cool enough that real Sonic should do it.

I remember playing some very old maps for Deep Sea and some of the later levels (which I haven't played through yet), but it's all totally changed on me and it's so much better than it used to be. The levels are so HUGE, and dense, and actually fun, you can tell people have worked hard on this design. The moment of DSZ where you actually see the open ocean actually blew my mind slightly.

Also the new music rules.

Hehe, glad to have you back! I'll always get a smile my face when I see a fellow veteran return to the game, even if it's just for a brief moment. Glad to see that 2.2 seemingly met your expectations!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back